PDA

View Full Version : New appearance for the site

jimnyc
06-12-2017, 02:45 PM
I think we're outdated. I'm thinking about adding a new theme. No one would be "forced" to make the change. Any theme can be chosen down the road and saved as default. With that said, looking for a little feedback.

---

That would basically entail a new header/banner, colors for the board, and then the buttons and stuff.

My desire to showing our military, to support them in some manner, will always be there. But maybe a mixture? Part military and part politics somehow? Of course the military will always be a part of what gets done. And of course the ribbons will ALWAYS stay.

---

I think these would really be the only 'major' changes...

Header image/theme? How would you guys prefer, at first thought, and what would you think would be good for our continued appearance, and to think of going forward, and what guests first few thoughts may be? This will just be the image that goes across the very top, where we have the soldiers on one side now, and the eagle on the other.

Overall colors - right now I would say it's a red, white and blue theme, with a darker shade for the red and blue. Thoughts?

Buttons - right now the flag is the main button for showing read/unread forum titles with postings within.

Envelope buttons - the buttons inside the particular forums, showing if any new replies or not within a specific thread

Thoughts? I thought it the right thing to do to include the community. My first thought was to just surprise it one day, but I've seen that spell out disaster at places before. You guys see it every day, you should have a say in what you have to see. :)

Black Diamond
06-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Be sure to replace the American flag with the rainbow flag.

jimnyc
06-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Be sure to replace the American flag with the rainbow flag.

Done deal!!

And instead of the red/white/blue - also rainbow all the way around. Maybe something like this for the header?

https://i.imgur.com/5hSlNiH.jpg

jimnyc
06-12-2017, 03:14 PM
Or maybe this?

https://i.imgur.com/IO2x1ZC.jpg

jimnyc
06-12-2017, 03:15 PM
To show that we are "all inclusive"?

https://i.imgur.com/6Npv9ZR.jpg

Black Diamond
06-12-2017, 03:38 PM
To show that we are "all inclusive"?

https://i.imgur.com/6Npv9ZR.jpg
When naming off stereotypes it's important to be all inclusive.

gabosaurus
06-12-2017, 03:43 PM
I think Jim should take DP in an entirely different direction. :cool:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4e/41/7c/4e417c52c0747ab0502dc1e8e0d551e8.jpg

Abbey Marie
06-12-2017, 03:55 PM
I think we could use a quote under the name of the board. Something catchy.

hjmick
06-12-2017, 04:02 PM
You know what they say...

If it's not broke, fix it...

Wait...

That's not right...

If you want an example of what NOT to fucking do, go here: A Message Board that Changed and Now Sucks and Navigates Like Shit (http://www.usmessageboard.com/)

Abbey Marie
06-12-2017, 06:28 PM

Wait...

That's not right...

If you want an example of what NOT to fucking do, go here: A Message Board that Changed and Now Sucks and Navigates Like Shit (http://www.usmessageboard.com/)

I need a map just to navigate the number of repetitive forums.

aboutime
06-12-2017, 06:32 PM

Wait...

That's not right...

Damn! That place looks like a treasure map to GILLIGANS Island, written with Invisible Ink. CONFUSING Navigation like Shit s an understatement.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-12-2017, 07:32 PM
I think we're outdated. I'm thinking about adding a new theme. No one would be "forced" to make the change. Any theme can be chosen down the road and saved as default. With that said, looking for a little feedback.

---

That would basically entail a new header/banner, colors for the board, and then the buttons and stuff.

My desire to showing our military, to support them in some manner, will always be there. But maybe a mixture? Part military and part politics somehow? Of course the military will always be a part of what gets done. And of course the ribbons will ALWAYS stay.

---

Header image/theme? How would you guys prefer, at first thought, and what would you think would be good for our continued appearance, and to think of going forward, and what guests first few thoughts may be? This will just be the image that goes across the very top, where we have the soldiers on one side now, and the eagle on the other.

Overall colors - right now I would say it's a red, white and blue theme, with a darker shade for the red and blue. Thoughts?

Buttons - right now the flag is the main button for showing read/unread forum titles with postings within.

Envelope buttons - the buttons inside the particular forums, showing if any new replies or not within a specific thread

Thoughts? I thought it the right thing to do to include the community. My first thought was to just surprise it one day, but I've seen that spell out disaster at places before. You guys see it every day, you should have a say in what you have to see. :)

NO PROBLEM , JUST AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT CAUSE NAVIGATION PROBLEMS WHEN DOING SO..
I for one, am too old to learn, (my having memory issues), all these new internet pathways and bells and whistles..
Thus, ask that you show a bit of mercy..--Tyr

BoogyMan
06-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Oh, hey. Hold on now. The new and improved rainbow flag that was releases in Philly today has black and brown stripes too. You left those off. Racist!!! :)

Done deal!!

And instead of the red/white/blue - also rainbow all the way around. Maybe something like this for the header?

https://i.imgur.com/5hSlNiH.jpg

BoogyMan
06-12-2017, 08:56 PM
NO PROBLEM , JUST AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT CAUSE NAVIGATION PROBLEMS WHEN DOING SO..
I for one, am too old to learn, (my having memory issues), all these new internet pathways and bells and whistles..
Thus, ask that you show a bit of mercy..--Tyr

Tyr needs a "Get Off My Lawn!!!" button. :)

gabosaurus
06-12-2017, 11:03 PM

Holy crap, how many different forums do you need?
Reminds me of a long ago forum I was on where the admin decided that there were too many threads. So she declared that only moderators could start threads. I think it died not long after.

Abbey Marie
06-12-2017, 11:09 PM
Holy crap, how many different forums do you need?
Reminds me of a long ago forum I was on where the admin decided that there were too many threads. So she declared that only moderators could start threads. I think it died not long after.

That was one tight-**sed owner!

gabosaurus
06-12-2017, 11:17 PM
That's about it. The forum started as a gathering place for female baseball fans. Then turned into a clique of Yankees and Orioles fans. Who then got threatened and turned against everyone else. I felt it was a perfect example of taking a good thing and ruining it with egos.

NightTrain
06-13-2017, 12:11 AM
Tyr needs a "Get Off My Lawn!!!" button. :)

Gunny still owns the patent on that one.

Little-Acorn
06-13-2017, 12:50 AM

And that automatically changes once a week, or maybe once a day.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-13-2017, 10:14 AM

Yes! One that changes,once A WEEK OR ONCE A MONTH..
Something catchy like,

Liberal dunces beware.
Fools enter at own great risk.
Let truth destroy Democratic lies.
Where hast that great demigod Obama gone?
NO CURE FOR DEMOCRAT HOOF AND MOUTH DISEASE RESIDES HERE.

NightTrain
06-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Yes! One that changes,once A WEEK OR ONCE A MONTH..
Something catchy like,

Liberal dunces beware.
Fools enter at own great risk.
Let truth destroy Democratic lies.
Where hast that great demigod Obama gone?
NO CURE FOR DEMOCRAT HOOF AND MOUTH DISEASE RESIDES HERE.

"Don't let your alligator mouth overload your chickadee ass"?

jimnyc
06-13-2017, 12:40 PM

That's a good idea. We had one for the old place. I think something similar would be a good idea. Not similar as in the same, but similar as in "all inviting". It was 'where your voice counts' or something like that.

Any ideas?

jimnyc
06-13-2017, 12:42 PM

Wait...

That's not right...

Can't say I disagree! And I've been that route with adding forums, only for it to ultimately look stupid, and get little action, and then we delete them and merge the few threads. Less is more sometimes. In fact, might be time to take a peek around this joint!

jimnyc
06-13-2017, 01:10 PM

I don't know about a permanent one... but I added a "quote of the week" box up top. I'd have set it to daily, but I know I would get too lazy after awhile. :)

We should have an area for suggested quotes. :)

Gunny
06-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Gunny still owns the patent on that one.Damn right. And of course we already know the response: Don't f*ck with sh*t that ain't broke. Damn @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) ... go take your wife's car apart if you want some excitement or just to piss someone off.

"I'm Jim and I'm bored. What can I f*ck with next?" Just like my damned granddaughter.:slap:

jimnyc
06-13-2017, 01:39 PM
Damn right. And of course we already know the response: Don't f*ck with sh*t that ain't broke. Damn @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) ... go take your wife's car apart if you want some excitement or just to piss someone off.

"I'm Jim and I'm bored. What can I f*ck with next?" Just like my damned granddaughter.:slap:

Hey, I've refrained from upgrading to the new shitty looking version for a few years now!

And the quote, it appears solely on the front page, and I'm betting YOU wouldn't see it if I didn't point it out!! Hell, I'm betting you still haven't seen it!!! :laugh: :beer:

Abbey Marie
06-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Hey, I've refrained from upgrading to the new shitty looking version for a few years now!

And the quote, it appears solely on the front page, and I'm betting YOU wouldn't see it if I didn't point it out!! Hell, I'm betting you still haven't seen it!!! :laugh: :beer:

I like the first quote...

hjmick
06-13-2017, 04:01 PM
You want to make a change that will instantly improve the appearance of this place?

Remove these two losers from the "Top Posters" list: John Stallworth & Jack Lambert...

:lmao:

jimnyc
06-13-2017, 04:08 PM
You want to make a change that will instantly improve the appearance of this place?

Remove these two losers from the "Top Posters" list: John Stallworth & Jack Lambert...

:lmao:

Hall of fame members, no can do!!!

Think if I change it to Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, that maybe some dumb liberals will fall for it and join? :)

hjmick
06-13-2017, 04:18 PM

Think if I change it to Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer, that maybe some dumb liberals will fall for it and join? :)

I'd suggest putting Terry Bradshaw on the list but I'm pretty sure there's not a person out there who believes he's capably of expressing a cogent thought...

Though I am looking forward to the return of his television show with Henry Winkler, George Foreman, and William Shatner...

Black Diamond
06-13-2017, 04:19 PM

What, then, for Hillary?

Black Diamond
06-13-2017, 04:20 PM
I'd suggest putting Terry Bradshaw on the list but I'm preety sure there's not a person out there who believes he's capably of expressing a cogent thought...

Though I am looking forward to the return of his television show with Henry Winkler, George Foreman, and William Shatner...
Could he spell cat if they gave him the A and the T?

Abbey Marie
06-13-2017, 04:23 PM
I'd suggest putting Terry Bradshaw on the list but I'm preety sure there's not a person out there who believes he's capably of expressing a cogent thought...

Is that def coming back? It was fun.

hjmick
06-13-2017, 04:33 PM
Is that def coming back? It was fun.

Definitely.

Black Diamond
06-13-2017, 05:19 PM

Wait...

That's not right...

I don't know how anyone can stand frequenting that shithole.

hjmick
06-13-2017, 05:27 PM
I don't know how anyone can stand frequenting that shithole.

Meh... It has one thing this place needs desperately. Diversity.

Sorry jimnyc but it's true.

Save for Gabby, anytime someone with opposing views to the majority here joins, there is a concerted effort by a vocal and relentless cadre to run them off. Now I do recognize that the inability to stay is much a failure of the newbies as it those who favor an echo chamber, but if we are looking to grow membership, increase traffic, and hear different views and opinions, something needs to change and it's not the appearance of the board.

Kathianne
06-13-2017, 05:31 PM

Sorry @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) but it's true.

Save for Gabby, anytime someone with opposing views to the majority here joins, there is a concerted effort by a vocal and relentless cadre to run them off. Now I do recognize that the inability to stay is much a failure of the newbies as it those who favor an echo chamber, but if we are looking to grow membership, increase traffic, and hear different views and opinions, something needs to change and it's not the appearance of the board.

When I go there it is to read, to gauge how those that think differently than I do consider certain topics. The big problem there for me is that I don't know which posters are thoughtful and which are not. So many are not and they post a lot.

hjmick
06-13-2017, 05:44 PM
When I go there it is to read, to gauge how those that think differently than I do consider certain topics. The big problem there for me is that I don't know which posters are thoughtful and which are not. So many are not and they post a lot.

Indeed. Separating the wheat from the chaff over there can be time consuming...

Black Diamond
06-13-2017, 05:45 PM

Sorry @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) but it's true.

if diversity means bringing in those who say trump and Putin stole the election, trump voters are slower or less intelligent than their opponents (which is I am sure what they say at the shithole, it's all over Facebook )...

i can see why that doesn't work here.

hjmick
06-13-2017, 06:08 PM
if diversity means bringing in those who say trump and Putin stole the election, trump voters are slower or less intelligent than their opponents (which is I am sure what they say at the shithole, it's all over Facebook )...

Because no one here (or there) ever said that about Obama and Hillary voters? It's the "okay for me but not for thee" rules of engagement you prefer?

Personally, I have no trouble with someone posting opposing views or disparaging me or my opinions on candidates. Why? Because nine out of ten times, I'm smarter than they are, they're wrong, and I've been called worse things by better people than they.

The only place I draw the line is at family, mine and theirs...

I don't often agree with anything Gabby posts, but I do admire her testicular fortitude and her willingness to take the hit and keep coming back and I respect her often opposing sensibilities...

Black Diamond
06-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Because no one here (or there) ever said that about Obama and Hillary voters? It's the "okay for me but not for thee" rules of engagement you prefer?

Personally, I have no trouble with someone posting opposing views or disparaging me or my opinions on candidates. Why? Because nine out of ten times, I'm smarter than they are, they're wrong, and I've been called worse things by better people than they.

I don't often agree with anything Gabby posts, but I do admire her testicular fortitude and her willingness to take the hit and keep coming back and I respect her often opposing sensibilities...
Some of this stems from me being pissy about what I saw on Facebook yesterday. Lemme find a way to illustrate.

Black Diamond
06-13-2017, 06:21 PM
grrrrr

Black Diamond
06-13-2017, 06:24 PM

And how many birthers were on this site? Dems who say trump and Putin stole the election from Hillary are like birthers. And it goes all the way to the senate and house.

Kathianne
06-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Heck, it's really difficult for someone who basically shares many of the same positions on most topics, to disagree with the majority on specifics. Unless one is in lockstep, one is considered a liberal or brainwashed by them.

There's likely two or three people here that I feel comfortable with actually discussing non-agreement areas, inevitably though someone who is in lockstep will chime in and bring the conversation to a end. I don't like playing, "I'm right!" "No, I am!" "You suck!" "No, you do!"

It used to be different, though I'm thinking now it has more to do with society today, than just this site. Most are so partisan that they no longer think. While the MSM for years has been like this, now the 'fair and balanced' sources are just inverting the MSM positions. It's getting more and more difficult to find just the news.

Black Diamond
06-13-2017, 06:32 PM
Some of this stems from me being pissy about what I saw on Facebook yesterday. Lemme find a way to illustrate.
https://ragingfreedom.com/2017/06/13/woman-brutally-beaten-for-simply-admitting-to-being-trump-supporter/amp/

i saw the above on Facebook and the response from someone was something like "I think trump supporters are slow but...."

So I am a bit closed right now when it comes to the enemy's opinion.

Drummond
06-13-2017, 06:46 PM
https://ragingfreedom.com/2017/06/13/woman-brutally-beaten-for-simply-admitting-to-being-trump-supporter/amp/

i saw the above on Facebook and the response from someone was something like "I think trump supporters are slow but...."

Whatever the 'new appearance' for this site ends up being, it needs to show that the forum has enough of an identity as to not invite the perception that trolls can come in and say or do whatever they like.

Many years ago I was on an American discussion site, one highly regarded as a Right wing one, BUT, one which took inclusivity to dangerous levels. It ended up being swamped by trolls. The administrators took the line that they'd only intervene in the most extreme of situations. Thus, trolls ran riot, for the most part.

Needless to say, those trolls were Left wing who clearly wanted to rip the place apart. SO ... however 'inclusive' the changes seem to be to diverging opinion, you just can't advertise in such a way as to make people think they can run riot.

My personal approach here has always been this: I am a Conservative thinker, and, since I have total faith in my beliefs and worldview, I'll happily pitch it against any alternative arguments that come my way. I have total confidence I can win. If I'm proved wrong at any point ... well, then I am. That's fine.

I do insist upon one thing .. that the person I argue against represents his or her views with complete honesty, and doesn't debate just to play derisory games.

Thus ... it's important that, whatever the 'style' is for a forum like this, it doesn't appear to be inviting people here to treat it as a playground. I'd like a serious appearance, AND, one true to the identity its people think it deserves to have.

hjmick
06-13-2017, 07:24 PM

I agree, there is no place for that sort of shit in a civil society, and yet assholes abound. Better to turn on the light and let the cockroaches of society be exposed than to silence them and let them fester...

Abbey Marie
06-13-2017, 10:39 PM
We're just talking some cosmetic changes. No one wants to re-invent the wheel here.

Kathianne
06-13-2017, 11:03 PM
We're just talking some cosmetic changes. No one wants to re-invent the wheel here.

That's what I thought, then there was some of that discussion about 'quotes.' Now I know Jim said there's no way he'd be changing that daily, weekly, what have you. I do agree though that I'd like to see more discussion and less 'I know I'm right and you're not,' whether it's on partisanship, politicians, or even news sites/links.

Rather than attack someone who doesn't see eye-to-eye, discuss what you see as misguided or misinformed. Hint: 'Obama did it too' and 'Your brain's falling out, you're so f'ing open minded,' isn't really a discussion. Remember how that used to work?

If we want to encourage new people, we've got to give them a platform to speak from too. If people pounce on them from the get-go on politics, we'll never get to know them below-the-top, where friends are made.

Gunny
06-13-2017, 11:08 PM
Probably need a dress code too ....

Kathianne
06-13-2017, 11:51 PM

Nah, boots and bare feet are fine. ;)

Neo
06-14-2017, 02:51 AM

:clap::lol::laugh: Oh God that was funny! Too bad there's no "pada dunk, dunk, symbol crash"!

It ain't your drapes or wall paper. If I may suggest "menu selections" as an area to look at?

As a for instance, how about an entertainment board? LOTS of hot topics there, the gift that keeps on giving. Has the added bonus of not being a poly board.

Just saying......thanks for hearing me out.:salute:

Abbey Marie
06-14-2017, 07:26 AM
That's what I thought, then there was some of that discussion about 'quotes.' Now I know Jim said there's no way he'd be changing that daily, weekly, what have you. I do agree though that I'd like to see more discussion and less 'I know I'm right and you're not,' whether it's on partisanship, politicians, or even news sites/links.

Rather than attack someone who doesn't see eye-to-eye, discuss what you see as misguided or misinformed. Hint: 'Obama did it too' and 'Your brain's falling out, you're so f'ing open minded,' isn't really a discussion. Remember how that used to work?

If we want to encourage new people, we've got to give them a platform to speak from too. If people pounce on them from the get-go on politics, we'll never get to know them below-the-top, where friends are made.

I agree and think it would make sense to start a thread about how we want to treat new folks. But my point is, that ain't this.

gabosaurus
06-14-2017, 09:48 AM
What should be the central logo for DP? Hmmm, what would be appropriate?

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/012010/1264505362_cat-fight.gif

jimnyc
06-14-2017, 10:59 AM

Sorry jimnyc but it's true.

I'm not so sure the "efforts" are to literally run anyone off the board, as much as it is simply conservatives bashing new liberals for their opinions. We have very few opposing views, so when new meat comes in with a view from the left, many here reply as there really isn't many other folks on the left to reply to. I think if we had 50 cons and 50 libs here, things wouldn't appear so bad. But when 30 cons and 2 libs, it appears as gang up time. I think what we REALLY need, is unfortunately, for the community to simply be more unusually accepting than we would be if it were 50/50 and kinda go out of our way to keep folks here. Sounds crazy, but with the balance so far off - unless 50 show up at once, it's hard to bring them in 1 by one.

jimnyc
06-14-2017, 11:01 AM

In fairness, folks get treated as they treat others. I've yet to see a liberal come here, be polite, and want to discuss things without the drama - and THEN being "abused" by others for their POV's. It goes both ways, that's dang for sure. But like I said in the prior post, things are magnified right now, and likely always will be!

Black Diamond
06-14-2017, 11:06 AM
In fairness, folks get treated as they treat others. I've yet to see a liberal come here, be polite, and want to discuss things without the drama - and THEN being "abused" by others for their POV's. It goes both ways, that's dang for sure. But like I said in the prior post, things are magnified right now, and likely always will be!
Wiccan liberal was awesome. But this climate in America is hot right now.

jimnyc
06-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Heck, it's really difficult for someone who basically shares many of the same positions on most topics, to disagree with the majority on specifics. Unless one is in lockstep, one is considered a liberal or brainwashed by them.

There's likely two or three people here that I feel comfortable with actually discussing non-agreement areas, inevitably though someone who is in lockstep will chime in and bring the conversation to a end. I don't like playing, "I'm right!" "No, I am!" "You suck!" "No, you do!"

It used to be different, though I'm thinking now it has more to do with society today, than just this site. Most are so partisan that they no longer think. While the MSM for years has been like this, now the 'fair and balanced' sources are just inverting the MSM positions. It's getting more and more difficult to find just the news.

That's because there is no true discussion as of late. Most things start off with accusing or demeaning words, whether about a candidate or their followers. For example, if Obama does something so horribly wrong, that doesn't always mean the entire liberal base is behind it. But many of us start off that way... In the past I have seen folks start threads, and in the OP they spoke of "teabagging".

jimnyc
06-14-2017, 11:07 AM

Kinda what I was just saying. If someone is kicking Trump supporters instead of the issue and/or Trump...

gabosaurus
06-14-2017, 11:50 AM
DP has always been a extremely conservative far right site. The board is not as civil as it once was, but neither is the country as a whole.
Liberals are never going to be accepted here. The vast majority of DP members are older and very set in their opinions. Nothing is ever going to happen that will change anyone's mind about what they believe. To exist here, you have to accept that.
That having been said, DP is miles in front of many other message boards in that there are not total nutcases running things. Anyone who has been to DU or any right-wing site knows how bad things are. I have been to boards where moderators review virtually every post. Or where certain posters enjoy favored status and are not subject to the same rules as others.

I would like to see The Cage eliminated because the rules are unfairly enforced and it is a hindrance to the free exchange of ideas. If a thread gets out of hand, lock it and move on.

jimnyc
06-14-2017, 12:22 PM
Liberals are never going to be accepted here.

When in a civil discussion - are YOU accepted here by the overwhelming majority? I truly believe that answer is a very loud yes. When in non-political areas, I have seen lengthy discussions where that if a guest was reading, they wouldn't know you're liberal, they wouldn't know of any animosity and you would look no different than any other poster.

I have also noticed, even as of late, that when you post without the rhetoric, name calling or other personal things, the overwhelming majority often respond in kind. I know that's how I am. If you come here, post politely and want to have a legit discussion, I think its here to be found. I think if someone wants to post with the non-stop rhetoric and drama instead of content, that's even easier found.

But liberals can and will be accepted here. ANYONE can easily be accepted here.

First off, as I always say, it's on an individual basis. The board is a community and no one person or group speaks for the entirety. And then each person will likely be responded to accordingly. Without naming names, how many Cons have been here and have been 100% complete assholes, and ended up being banned or otherwise discarded? LOTS over time. They got treated by how they treated others here. Do liberals in general get a much harder time here overall though? Absolutely, no denying that. But that's because they start off in a disadvantage with a primarily conservative board. But not everyone here is out to kill and eat the liberals.

I honestly can't really think of anyone here, that if spoken to respectfully and kindly, that won't lighten up and reply in kind. This doesn't mean it'll always happen, or even 50% of the time. I'm just putting things in a better perspective, IMO.

NightTrain
06-14-2017, 03:04 PM
I don't think that this board is unfair to a new liberal.

They're given a chance and aren't rat-packed immediately... but when they start using words like 'bushies', 'trumpies', 'neocon', etc., what they don't realize is pretty much everyone is watching and sharpening the knives.

We've got a very solid group of debaters here, so when the proverbial fur starts flying, they get a solid thumping and tuck tail. That's mostly because most are relatively new to this sport and are still learning the ropes as far as providing solid backup and avoiding the pitfalls that we've all navigated years ago.

'Frinstance! Remember Sear who started out mellow, kind of testing the waters and didn't get challenged right away because everyone was being polite and refraining from hammering him on the first liberal soundbites he picked up cruising the usual moonbat sites? It didn't take long before he was confidently and aggressively spouting the same old bullshit that's been disproven around here a million times.

I could see him testing the waters before the counterattack he was looking around the board something like this :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10079&stc=1

Sear is just one of many examples of a moonbat who wandered in here and gained ill-advised confidence in his soundbites after not being challenged right away. That's happened many times over the years and they almost always eventually slink off after being wrecked.

It's pretty amusing to see it coming as the pattern repeats itself... and I can almost hear those knives being sharpened as they set themselves up.

Anyway, the reason that there isn't a Bully and Pete and Gabby and Sear and Spillmind and a hundred like them running roughshod here isn't because they've been run off - it's because they don't have a leg to stand on with actual, factually based debate because that's how most posters here operate.

You can bet that many moonbats would be having a field day right here on this board daily if the usual Yahoo comments-section tripe cut the mustard around here.

hjmick
06-14-2017, 04:36 PM

We're going to have to wear a dress to post?

Dang...

Abbey Marie
06-14-2017, 05:28 PM
We're going to have to wear a dress to post?

Dang...

Not to worry; I've posted several available options in the Romphim thread.

Neo
06-14-2017, 10:51 PM
DP has always been a extremely conservative far right site. The board is not as civil as it once was, but neither is the country as a whole.
Liberals are never going to be accepted here. The vast majority of DP members are older and very set in their opinions. Nothing is ever going to happen that will change anyone's mind about what they believe. To exist here, you have to accept that.
That having been said, DP is miles in front of many other message boards in that there are not total nutcases running things. Anyone who has been to DU or any right-wing site knows how bad things are. I have been to boards where moderators review virtually every post. Or where certain posters enjoy favored status and are not subject to the same rules as others.

I would like to see The Cage eliminated because the rules are unfairly enforced and it is a hindrance to the free exchange of ideas. If a thread gets out of hand, lock it and move on.

Care for any cheese with your "whine" Ms gabby?

Btw...off topic.....YUGELY!:laugh2:

Gunny
06-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Care for any cheese with your "whine" Ms gabby?

Btw...off topic.....YUGELY!:laugh2:She's nowhere near as bad as she's made out to be. I wonder why she comes back, myself.

Now if I can figure out how to get this gay-ass bright red banner off my screen ....

Dis
06-15-2017, 12:31 PM
Here's my take - despite the fact that you likely don't give a shit, and I don't care that you don't give a shit. :thumb:

The board name is Debate Policy. Start there. This isn't a debate site - it's a romper room, for the most part. Change the name to something indicative of what people will get when they click the little linky.

The forums - At least half of them have nothing to do with politics, Cooking? Poetry? Crafting? It's like an online Statrbucks.

:salute::salute::salute:

Ain't free speech a bitch sometimes? ;)

Gunny
06-15-2017, 12:39 PM
Here's my take - despite the fact that you likely don't give a shit, and I don't care that you don't give a shit. :thumb:

The board name is Debate Policy. Start there. This isn't a debate site - it's a romper room, for the most part. Change the name to something indicative of what people will get when they click the little linky.

The forums - At least half of them have nothing to do with politics, Cooking? Poetry? Crafting? It's like an online Statrbucks.

Ain't free speech a bitch sometimes? ;)I'm not mature enough to be in Romper Room. :(

DLT
06-15-2017, 01:43 PM

---

---

Personally.... I'd prefer a beach theme/motif.....lololol.

jimnyc
06-15-2017, 01:56 PM

Ain't free speech a bitch sometimes? ;)

I always value your input, especially more so than others, you know that!!

The board is a community. Yes, I set out for it to be about debates/politics, but I'm guilty from that point forward of caving and more or less creating what the community wants. Is it romper room? Go to my old place, THAT's romper room. We're like pre-school here. :)

And the individual forums. They are forums that are asked to be created. I'll be needing to go through soon enough and likely delete some and merge them elsewhere. Not because they get little to no use, but because you asked me so ever kindly. :laugh:

Dis
06-15-2017, 01:59 PM
I always value your input, especially more so than others, you know that!!

The board is a community. Yes, I set out for it to be about debates/politics, but I'm guilty from that point forward of caving and more or less creating what the community wants. Is it romper room? Go to my old place, THAT's romper room. We're like pre-school here. :)

And the individual forums. They are forums that are asked to be created. I'll be needing to go through soon enough and likely delete some and merge them elsewhere. Not because they get little to no use, but because you asked me so ever kindly. :laugh:

What an utter load of horseshit. :slap:

jimnyc
06-15-2017, 02:00 PM
What an utter load of horseshit. :slap:

Anything specific?

Dis
06-15-2017, 02:04 PM
Anything specific?

Always. :)

Abbey Marie
06-15-2017, 03:30 PM
jimnyc , if you are feeling uninspired or tired, you can always use some members' signature quotes. There are some very good ones.