PDA

View Full Version : Black Diamond's insanely random thoughts and questions

Black Diamond
06-15-2017, 02:49 PM
Did Napoleon have a Napoleon complex ?

Black Diamond
06-15-2017, 02:50 PM
How many kids named "Chance" are named that because their parents took one ?

Black Diamond
06-15-2017, 02:51 PM
There are Elvis fans who claim Elvis is alive...

we we heard about Elvis sightings.

But I have never heard of John Lennon sightings or even JFK sightings.

Black Diamond
06-15-2017, 03:02 PM
If the moon landing was faked and the whole event was actually a staged movie, does the director of the movie deserve an academy award ?

Black Diamond
06-15-2017, 03:10 PM
With all the conspiracy theories written about JFK and Marilyn Monroe, why isn't there a conspiracy theory that says Joe DiMaggio shot JFK?

jimnyc
06-15-2017, 03:15 PM

I visited Graceland when I helped my cousin move out there. I was at his tombstone, and a single leaf fell, and landed on my shoulder, and stuck the landing! I put it in a frame and gave it to my Mom who was perhaps one of the biggest Elvis fans ever. :)

I also saw him in NYC around 1993 or so, he was driving a UPS truck.

jimnyc
06-15-2017, 03:18 PM
With all the conspiracy theories written about JFK and Marilyn Monroe, why isn't there a conspiracy theory that says Joe DiMaggio shot JFK?

https://i.imgur.com/0x6hmLF.png

---

Did Joe DiMaggio order John F. Kennedy killed?

This past Saturday marked the 45th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. According to scholars, historians, politicians, The Government, and the History Channel, Kennedy was gunned down by Lee Harvey Oswald, a mysterious goon who was both an ex-Marine and a Communist. These powers that be claim Oswald acted alone, entirely driven by his own delusions of grandeur. Or so the story goes.

Of course, you could believe the conspiracists. The ones who believe Oswald was set up. They believe it could have been any one of the following:

– The Cubans
– The Russians
– The CIA (check out this wild link!)
– The FBI
– The Mob
– Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson
– The Israelis
– The Illuminati
– Tonya Harding

But the one person who seems to get off pretty easy on the conspiracy front is the Yankee Clipper himself, Joe DiMaggio. No one seems to question his lack of involvement. Consider this:

Joe DiMaggio married Marilyn Monroe in 1954. Despite being divorced only nine months later, for years DiMaggio continuously put flowers on her grave. He had an undying commitment to her. Monroe, who died of an overdose in 1962, supposedly had affairs with both John Kennedy and Robert Kennedy. According to this article, DiMaggio truly believed the Kennedys killed Monroe to end some of her verbal transgressions. What Monroe said or learned from the Kennedys is up to dispute, but according to rumor, she told Frank Sinatra about some of the CIA’s dealings in Cuba and their actions against organized crime. Her loose lips may have spelt the end for her.

http://www.michaellortz.com/2008/11/did-joe-dimaggio-order-john-f-kennedy-killed/

Black Diamond
06-15-2017, 03:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/0x6hmLF.png

---

Did Joe DiMaggio order John F. Kennedy killed?

This past Saturday marked the 45th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. According to scholars, historians, politicians, The Government, and the History Channel, Kennedy was gunned down by Lee Harvey Oswald, a mysterious goon who was both an ex-Marine and a Communist. These powers that be claim Oswald acted alone, entirely driven by his own delusions of grandeur. Or so the story goes.

Of course, you could believe the conspiracists. The ones who believe Oswald was set up. They believe it could have been any one of the following:

– The Cubans
– The Russians
– The CIA (check out this wild link!)
– The FBI
– The Mob
– Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson
– The Israelis
– The Illuminati
– Tonya Harding

But the one person who seems to get off pretty easy on the conspiracy front is the Yankee Clipper himself, Joe DiMaggio. No one seems to question his lack of involvement. Consider this:

Joe DiMaggio married Marilyn Monroe in 1954. Despite being divorced only nine months later, for years DiMaggio continuously put flowers on her grave. He had an undying commitment to her. Monroe, who died of an overdose in 1962, supposedly had affairs with both John Kennedy and Robert Kennedy. According to this article, DiMaggio truly believed the Kennedys killed Monroe to end some of her verbal transgressions. What Monroe said or learned from the Kennedys is up to dispute, but according to rumor, she told Frank Sinatra about some of the CIA’s dealings in Cuba and their actions against organized crime. Her loose lips may have spelt the end for her.

http://www.michaellortz.com/2008/11/did-joe-dimaggio-order-john-f-kennedy-killed/
Damn. I was gonna patent that shit.

Black Diamond
06-15-2017, 03:31 PM
Does Anthony Wiener regret his last name any more now than he did before the texting incidents ?

gabosaurus
06-15-2017, 03:46 PM
Let's see ... the thread title is ... "Black Diamond's insane"

Yeah, I already knew that. :p

Black Diamond
06-15-2017, 03:52 PM
Why didn't Sarah Palin name one of her kids "Calc"?

gabosaurus
06-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Perhaps she was holding out for Combinatorics.

hjmick
06-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Speaking of faking the moon landing... Has anyone but me seen the movie Capricorn One?

NightTrain
06-16-2017, 08:00 AM
Funny thing about the conspiracy theories of faked moon landings is that after Mythbusters did a show devoted to it, I haven't heard any nutters claiming they were faked ever since.

It really seemed to put that to bed.

NightTrain
06-16-2017, 08:01 AM
Speaking of faking the moon landing... Has anyone but me seen the movie Capricorn One?

Not I.

Drummond
06-16-2017, 08:21 AM

YES.

... although that was about Mars rather than the Moon ?

Besides, as I remember the storyline, wasn't the 'fake' version of coverage cobbled together to cover for failings that came out of the original efforts to produce a genuine Mars landing ? That's a bit different from just faking the whole thing from scratch.

Black Diamond
06-18-2017, 01:43 PM
My wife works in the emergency room as a nurse. If she were right as often as the weatherman, she'd be in prison.

Black Diamond
06-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Is "sure as shit" more of a sure thing than "sure as fuck"?

Gunny
06-22-2017, 02:51 PM

I would say sure as shit is more of a sure thing. The other ain't guaranteed.:laugh:

jimnyc
06-22-2017, 04:30 PM

Either one get me a slap to the back of the head from the wife if I say in front of her. Therefore, I determine that they are equally sure.

Gunny
06-22-2017, 04:36 PM
Either one get me a slap to the back of the head from the wife if I say in front of her. Therefore, I determine that they are equally sure.If Missus Jimmy slapped you in the backof the head every time you deserved it I'm SURE it would be flat.:slap:

jimnyc
06-22-2017, 04:42 PM
If Missus Jimmy slapped you in the backof the head every time you deserved it I'm SURE it would be flat.:slap:

This is true, I'll admit that! But she doesn't respect cursing around the house. It was tough for me at first, but I've almost cut it all out. I just hold it in like a cork, and take it out on the first few bastards I see on the road! :lol:

Black Diamond
06-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Is there a Little Caesars inside Caesar's Palace?

Black Diamond
06-23-2017, 02:40 PM
If meteorology is the study of weather, what is the the study of meteors called?

Gunny
06-28-2017, 05:13 PM
If meteorology is the study of weather, what is the the study of meteors called?A serious waste of funds. "Oh look ... there's a flying rock!" Yay:rolleyes:

Black Diamond
06-29-2017, 01:10 AM
Why do some talk of "whoring" but no one ever talks of "slutting"?

darin
06-29-2017, 01:38 AM
Did Napoleon have a Napoleon complex ?

No, because he was at least average height for his day - about 5'7" in modern measurement units.

Black Diamond
06-30-2017, 01:53 PM
Is Abbey the only conservative republican deadhead on the planet?

Black Diamond
06-30-2017, 02:11 PM
Also. When Russ and Abbey tied the knot, was that a marriage of San Francisco and Silicon Valley? :cool:

Abbey Marie
06-30-2017, 02:42 PM
Is @Abbey (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=11) the only conservative republican deadhead on the planet?

:laugh2:

I often feel like I am...

Abbey Marie
06-30-2017, 02:44 PM
Also. When @Russ (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3576) and @Abbey (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=11) tied the knot, was that a marriage of San Francisco and Silicon Valley? :cool:

Cute!

On a more literal level, the marriage of a hot-headed Sicilian and a level-headed Englishman, who had no idea what he was getting himself into.

;)

Kathianne
06-30-2017, 02:45 PM
Cute!

On a more literal level, the marriage of a hot-headed Sicilian and a level-headed Englishman, who had no idea what he was getting himself into.

;)
:laugh2:

Russ
06-30-2017, 06:35 PM
Cute!

;)

I still have no idea. :cool:

Drummond
07-01-2017, 05:31 AM
Cute!

;)

No comment !! :rolleyes:

Black Diamond
07-15-2017, 11:11 AM
What's another word for thesaurus?

NightTrain
07-15-2017, 11:20 AM

Dictionary or Encyclopedia?

jimnyc
07-15-2017, 11:31 AM

Brontosaurus

Elessar
07-15-2017, 04:15 PM

Thosesaurus???

Thatsaurus?

NightTrain
07-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Thosesaurus???

Thatsaurus?

Theesaurus?

Black Diamond
08-08-2017, 08:43 PM
How is "habit forming" different from "addictive"?

Gunny
08-09-2017, 06:32 PM
How is "habit forming" different from "addictive"?Wouldn't that depend on whether or not our illustrious government taxed and ok'd it for sale? Seems to me anything you can get that they deem legal is merely "habit forming".

Abbey Marie
08-09-2017, 06:46 PM
How is "habit forming" different from "addictive"?

I'd assume that habits are easier to break than addictions.

Gunny
08-09-2017, 06:58 PM
I'd assume that habits are easier to break than addictions.Yeah. :laugh2:

High_Plains_Drifter
08-10-2017, 12:45 PM
What happens if you get scared to death twice?

Gunny
08-14-2017, 12:08 PM
I was just wondering Black Diamond ... who the Hell every knows WTF YOU are thinking any-damned-way?

Black Diamond
09-02-2017, 09:56 PM
I am glad bluetooth was invented. Now I can drive down the road, or even walk down the street talking to myself and people assume I am on the phone.

Gunny
09-02-2017, 10:15 PM
I am glad bluetooth was invented. Now I can drive down the road, or even walk down the street talking to myself and people assume I am on the phone.No shit :laugh:. And you got no excuse with me ... I have no hair. You can't miss it. Yet they'll start answering me to what I'm saying on the bluetooth, or looking at me like I'm the crazy one EVERY time :laugh:

Gunny
09-08-2017, 09:50 AM
Black Diamond ... so .... when the moon is full and you turn into a werewolf, do you stay a werewolf if it's 6:30Am, broad daylight and the moon is still out? Or do you turn back into Black Diamond with the dawn?

I say it depends on the movie's script.

Black Diamond
09-14-2017, 02:10 AM
@Black Diamond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2142) ... so .... when the moon is full and you turn into a werewolf, do you stay a werewolf if it's 6:30Am, broad daylight and the moon is still out? Or do you turn back into Black Diamond with the dawn?

I say it depends on the movie's script.
Yes. Would depend on the script. I am excited because a friend of mine is going to give me the original Lon Cheney movie along with Bela Lugosi Dracula and Boris Karloff Frankenstein. Haven't seen these since I was little.

Gunny
09-14-2017, 12:21 PM
Yes. Would depend on the script. I am excited because a friend of mine is going to give me the original Lon Cheney movie along with Bela Lugosi Dracula and Boris Karloff Frankenstein. Haven't seen these since I was little.Should try asking. I have all of them.

If you like silent horror flicks, you can get some off google as a lot are public domain. Seems a few companies didn't think ahead and renew copyrights. The biggest blunder of them all: The Phantom of the Opera" (1925) starring Lon Chaney (His son played the Wolfman His real name was Creighton Chaney. Changed it to Lon Jr under studio pressure). Universal didn't renew the copyright when they are the studio that created all those old B&W, 30s-40s monsters and movies. Same with "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" (like 1923) also starring Lon Chaney. "Nosferatu" and "The Cabinet of Dr Caligari" are a couple more.

Black Diamond
09-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Why haven't any of these asshole NFL football players blackened out the American flag on the back of their helmets yet?

Gunny
09-22-2017, 03:47 PM
Why haven't any of these asshole NFL football players blackened out the American flag on the back of their helmets yet?Hah! They would be in violation of the league uniform policy which dictates what will and won't be on all uniforms. That would be violating their contract.

So, they either haven't thought of it, or ... their dedication and loyalty don't extend past a NFL fine.

Black Diamond
10-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Am i the only person who likes Hank Williams Jr better than his dad?

Is that some kind of sin or something?

Gunny
10-14-2017, 06:07 PM

Is that some kind of sin or something?Depends on your taste iHank Sr was a country "pop" artist of his day. Hank Jr was/is what was considered an "outlaw country" musician.

Country has more than a couple of sub-genres. depends on which you prefer. But the oler guys are going to call you a traitor, sinner, etc :laugh:

LongTermGuy
10-14-2017, 11:55 PM

Is that some kind of sin or something?

**Your not the only one...no..not a sin..

~ "The offspring of famous musicians often have a hard time creating a career for themselves, yet Hank Williams, Jr. is one of the few to develop a career that is not only successful, but markedly different from his legendary father.

Originally, Hank Jr. simply copied and played his father's music, but as he grew older, he began to carve out his own niche and it was one that owed as much to country-rock as it did to honky tonk.

In the late '70s, he retooled his image to appeal both to outlaw country fans and rowdy Southern rockers, and his makeover worked, resulting in a string of Top Ten singles -- including the number one hits "Texas Women," "Dixie on My Mind," "All My Rowdy Friends (Have Settled Down)," "Honky Tonkin'," and "Born to Boogie" ~

Black Diamond
11-13-2017, 12:57 AM
Is it Song of Solomon or Song of Songs ?

darin
11-13-2017, 01:19 AM
Is it Song of Solomon or Song of Songs ?

Well - that depends.

The original reads something like "This (the stuff contained herein) is the Song of Songs....which is Solomon's"

So - it's like saying "This whole collection is THE song of all time. And it's written by Solomon"

Tuh-may-toe, tuh-mah-toe

Black Diamond
11-30-2017, 07:55 PM
Why is Simon and Garfunkel better than Paul Simon solo? Simon wrote all music for his solo albums and Simon and Garfunkel

Black Diamond
11-30-2017, 07:56 PM
Also why has Paul McCartney not been able to touch hey Jude and yesterday? Those were essentially his creations. But nothing from wings comes Close to those efforts or anything else the Fab Four did.

Black Diamond
01-10-2018, 04:42 PM
High_Plains_Drifter

why is it Tom and not Thom?

Gunny
01-10-2018, 05:21 PM
Also why has Paul McCartney not been able to touch hey Jude and yesterday? Those were essentially his creations. But nothing from wings comes Close to those efforts or anything else the Fab Four did.He always played Yesterday whenever he felt like it. He played Hey Jude in 2010 for Obama no less. I just crossed THAT song off my list.

I'd say he just doesn't want to play them, not that he can't. A few of is Beatles tunes would pop up over the years. He had some on Wings over America, a double album from their tour of the same name. For the most part it seems he left the Beatles behind unless requested.

Black Diamond
01-10-2018, 05:28 PM
He always played Yesterday whenever he felt like it. He played Hey Jude in 2010 for Obama no less. I just crossed THAT song off my list.

I'd say he just doesn't want to play them, not that he can't. A few of is Beatles tunes would pop up over the years. He had some on Wings over America, a double album from their tour of the same name. For the most part it seems he left the Beatles behind unless requested.
I didn't know he played for Obama. I remember him ripping on bush, which pissed me off. It's like who are you ?

But why hasn't he been able to write another song like yesterday or hey Jude?

del
01-10-2018, 05:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNW8YTcnkGo

Black Diamond
01-10-2018, 05:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNW8YTcnkGo
My question though is, if yesterday and hey Jude were all his, why didn't he make a couple more great songs either with wings or solo

Gunny
01-10-2018, 05:36 PM
I didn't know he played for Obama. I remember him ripping on bush, which pissed me off. It's like who are you ?

But why hasn't he been able to write another song like yesterday or hey Jude?I'd guess it's by choice. If you look at his music, he pretty-much stayed with pop when he broke away from the Beatles. He was pretty much relevant in pop until the early 80s.

Lennon and Harrison were the ones that tried to keep it "deep".

High_Plains_Drifter
01-10-2018, 09:04 PM
@High_Plains_Drifter (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3558)

why is it Tom and not Thom? @Black Diamond (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2142) ... it's actually Jake McCallister

del
01-10-2018, 10:56 PM
My question though is, if yesterday and hey Jude were all his, why didn't he make a couple more great songs either with wings or solo

maybe i'm amazed

Black Diamond
01-10-2018, 10:59 PM
maybe i'm amazed
That's the closest he ever got. Good call.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 07:27 AM
maybe i'm amazed
... and that song sucks.

Abbey Marie
01-11-2018, 11:55 AM
... and that song sucks.

I truly love that song! I think maybe when Linda died, he lost his inspiration...

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 12:01 PM
I truly love that song! I think maybe when Linda died, he lost his inspiration...
I guess I really was never a big Beatles fan to begin with, and even less so when they split up and did their own things.

Believe it or not, I was more into country music.

Abbey Marie
01-11-2018, 12:20 PM
I guess I really was never a big Beatles fan to begin with, and even less so when they split up and did their own things.

Believe it or not, I was more into country music.

No!
:coffee:

I don't hear much country, but I really like this one:

https://youtu.be/1XB2peAKwOA

Black Diamond
01-11-2018, 12:21 PM
... and that song sucks.
I like it. It's the closest he ever got to the Beatles. It has to be the McCartney version though. I don't like the wings over America version
I Think the stuff from McCartney was going to be on the next Beatles album had they not broken up. It would have been refined into something awesome.
I don't like anything by Paul after McCartney. I don't like wings and I hated his collaborations with Michael jackson and Stevie wonder.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 12:26 PM
No!
:coffee:

I don't hear much country, but I really like this one:

https://youtu.be/1XB2peAKwOA
(He's got a stainless steel ball chain on like mine.)

What they play on the radio nowadays and call it country is a farce, IMO. I don't listen to it, I just can't stand it. It sounds far more like pop than country, and it all sounds the same. I call it COOKIE CUTTER COUNTRY... :laugh:

I'll tell ya, if it wasn't for Spotify I'd have a hard time finding music I like to listen to, but Spotify is WAAAAAY good at finding it. I've had my Spotify Premium for a couple years now so it's really dialed in to what I like, through the skips and likes and dislikes, every Monday Spot gives me a list of NEW music picked just for me, like 40 songs or so. Some weeks picks are better than others but on average, they find some GREAT stuff I would NEVER have heard if not for them. Just can't beat it for $10 a month. I've only stumped them a couple times looking for a song that they didn't have.

Abbey Marie
01-11-2018, 12:29 PM

What they play on the radio nowadays and call it country is a farce, IMO. I don't listen to it, I just can't stand it. It sounds far more like pop than country, and it all sounds the same. I call it COOKIE CUTTER COUNTRY... :laugh:

I'll tell ya, if it wasn't for Spotify I'd have a hard time finding music I like to listen to, but Spotify is WAAAAAY good at finding it. I've had my Spotify Premium for a couple years now so it's really had some time to learn what I like, through the skips and likes and dislikes, every Monday Spot gives me a list of NEW music picked just for me, like 40 songs or so. Some weeks picks are better than others but on average, they find some GREAT stuff I would NEVER have heard if not for them. Just can't beat it for $10 a month. I've only stumped them a couple times looking for a song that they didn't have.

I totally admit I don't know classic country from pop country. I suppose the song I posted is pop. Do you like it at all? Try the video; it's pretty funny.

I tend to listen to 70s music. Southern rock, pop, r&b.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 12:35 PM
I totally admit I don't know classic country from pop country. I suppose the song I posted is pop. Do you like it at all? Try the video; it's pretty funny.

I tend to listen to 70s music. Southern rock, pop, r&b.
For me, that would fall into my CCC, cookie cutter country, category... SORRY ABS!

THIS is what I call COUNTRY...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VExw77xJsBQ

Or this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jykzwUvHLe8

mundame
01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
How many kids named "Chance" are named that because their parents took one ?

Forever ago I knew a little black kid in Chicago whose mother named him "Boo-boo." Because. Really.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Forever ago I knew a little black kid in Chicago whose mother named him "Boo-boo." Because. Really.
I know a girl who's name is "Lucky." She's anything but...

Gunny
01-11-2018, 05:06 PM
I like it. It's the closest he ever got to the Beatles. It has to be the McCartney version though. I don't like the wings over America version
I Think the stuff from McCartney was going to be on the next Beatles album had they not broken up. It would have been refined into something awesome.
I don't like anything by Paul after McCartney. I don't like wings and I hated his collaborations with Michael jackson and Stevie wonder.Tsk tsk ... Wings Over America was DOUBLE album :slap: Double albums were very useful for cleaning ......

Gunny
01-11-2018, 07:35 PM

I'll tell ya, if it wasn't for Spotify I'd have a hard time finding music I like to listen to, but Spotify is WAAAAAY good at finding it. I've had my Spotify Premium for a couple years now so it's really dialed in to what I like, through the skips and likes and dislikes, every Monday Spot gives me a list of NEW music picked just for me, like 40 songs or so. Some weeks picks are better than others but on average, they find some GREAT stuff I would NEVER have heard if not for them. Just can't beat it for $10 a month. I've only stumped them a couple times looking for a song that they didn't have.Just a technicality, but both George Jones and Patsy Cline were "pop" country of their day. They only became "old country" when they got older and the music changed. What we prefer in music is usually from our "heydays", respectively.

I consider most things after Garth and Shania went rock-pop to be pop music. Some of it is still good. Just have to pick and choose.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 07:38 PM
Just a technicality, but both George Jones and Patsy Cline were "pop" country of their day. They only became "old country" when they got older and the music changed. What we prefer in music is usually from our "heydays", respectively.

I consider most things after Garth and Shania went rock-pop to be pop music. Some of it is still good. Just have to pick and choose.
"Pop country?" I don't think that term was even around back in those days, Gunny, unless you just mean it was the "top of the charts."

Some Garth is good. I dig his song, "And The Thunder Rolls." Shania, she's a little Canadian harlot... :laugh:

Black Diamond
01-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Just a technicality, but both George Jones and Patsy Cline were "pop" country of their day. They only became "old country" when they got older and the music changed. What we prefer in music is usually from our "heydays", respectively.

Toby Keith does something good about once every five years. This new brand of country, whatever you call it, is absolute shit. I have words for it I will not use right now .

Black Diamond
01-11-2018, 08:42 PM
Tsk tsk ... Wings Over America was DOUBLE album :slap: Double albums were very useful for cleaning ......
Double fluff. And I am being nice.

Gunny
01-11-2018, 08:44 PM
"Pop country?" I don't think that terM was even around back in those days, Gunny, unless you just mean it was the "top of the charts."

Some Garth is good. I dig his song, "And The Thunder Rolls." Shania, she's a little Canadian harlot... :laugh:Sure it was. "Pop" = popular. And that is exactly what I mean. What was popular at the time - what was on the charts. I don't know when they came out with the term "pop" for anything. Country was just country (even though I grew up on bluegrass and Texas swing), and rock and pop were the same. Then there was soft rock and hard rock. Now there's like a genre for each person on Earth.

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 08:44 PM
Toby Keith does something good about once every five years. This new brand of country, whatever you call it, is absolute shit. I have words for it I will not use right now .
I'm right with ya there, man. I remember the first time I heard a "country song" with RAP in it. I hadn't listened to much of it for quite awhile, but after that I was done completely. Just because they wear a cowboy hat and sing with a twang does NOT make country music. It makes POP music sang by some little generic, cookie cutter wannabe southerner. I think it sucks to high heaven. I'd rather listen to PINK.

Black Diamond
01-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Sure it was. "Pop" = popular. And that is exactly what I mean. What was popular at the time - what was on the charts. I don't know when they came out with the term "pop" for anything. Country was just country (even though I grew up on bluegrass and Texas swing), and rock and pop were the same. Then there was soft rock and hard rock. Now there's like a genre for each person on Earth.
The term pop has changed its meaning methinks.

Gunny
01-11-2018, 08:51 PM
Double fluff. And I am being nice.I don't really even remember where I got it from. It's actually okay music to me. I'm more of a Beatles fan than any of their individual work. Paul McCartney stayed on the charts for awhile throughout the 70s and into the early 80s. I had friends or I should say acquaintances who would get stoned and go to blows over who broke up the Beatles and which one was best. Dorks :laugh:

Black Diamond
01-11-2018, 08:53 PM
I don't really even remember where I got it from. It's actually okay music to me. I'm more of a Beatles fan than any of their individual work. Paul McCartney stayed on the charts for awhile throughout the 70s and into the early 80s. I had friends or I should say acquaintances who would get stoned and go to blows over who broke up the Beatles and which one was best. Dorks :laugh:
Everyone knows it's. Yoko. Lol.

Everyone except Yoko and Linda McCartney likes the Beatles better than their solo work. :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Sure it was. "Pop" = popular. And that is exactly what I mean. What was popular at the time - what was on the charts. I don't know when they came out with the term "pop" for anything. Country was just country (even though I grew up on bluegrass and Texas swing), and rock and pop were the same. Then there was soft rock and hard rock. Now there's like a genre for each person on Earth.
I get ya there, I just never heard country called pop before.

Far as I ever knew "pop" was for the teenies, as in "pop culture."

You know, like American Bandstand stuff. Remember that crazy show?

"I GIVE IT A TEN, IT HAD A GOOD BEAT AND IT WAS EASY TO DANCE TO"... :laugh:

Black Diamond
01-11-2018, 08:58 PM
I like Lennon better than the cute one. Even though his politocs sucked and his second wife was crazy as fuck. I always thought showing Cynthia and Yoko in one of those "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs" would have been quite effective. :laugh:

High_Plains_Drifter
01-11-2018, 09:02 PM
I like Lennon better than the cute one. Even though his politocs sucked and his second wife was crazy as fuck. I always thought showing Cynthia and Yoko in one of those "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs" would have been quite effective. :laugh:
Yeah that Yoko was a good singer... wonder why she ever quit? ... :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68

Black Diamond
01-11-2018, 09:05 PM
Yeah that Yoko was a good singer... wonder why she ever quit? ... :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdZ9weP5i68
I don't think I can bear it. Lol.

Black Diamond
10-02-2023, 10:09 PM
Since the 14th floor is really the 13th floor, is it cursed or unlucky?

Gunny
10-03-2023, 02:09 PM
Since the 14th floor is really the 13th floor, is it cursed or unlucky?Blessed. It's where they hid the Ark of the Covenant.

revelarts
10-03-2023, 09:33 PM

;)

Sadly H itler seems to be alive for some people.
Living in Argentina.. or getting standing Os in Canada...

Black Diamond
03-22-2024, 07:45 PM
Boston Corbett really was as mad as a hatter.

Gunny
03-23-2024, 11:15 AM
Boston Corbett really was as mad as a hatter.I've heard the name. What did he do?

Edit: Isn't that the guy credited with killing John Wilkes Booth? I recall reading he was a weirdo.