PDA

View Full Version : Rosenstein Blasts Anonymous Sources

jimnyc
06-16-2017, 10:44 AM
And many Americans are being lead by this, by anonymous sources. And once again, it's the Washington Post. I wonder if they just make shit up at times and claim it's from an anonymous person. :rolleyes:

---

‘Americans Should Be Skeptical’ — Rosenstein Blasts Anonymous Sources After Damaging Kushner Leak

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein warned against trusting anonymous sources late Thursday night, shortly after The Washington Post published a damaging story about White House adviser Jared Kushner that relied on unnamed U.S. officials as sources.

“Americans should exercise caution before accepting as true any stories attributed to anonymous ‘officials,’ particularly when they do not identify the country – let alone the branch or agency of government – with which the alleged sources supposedly are affiliated,” Rosenstein said. “Americans should be skeptical about anonymous allegations. The Department of Justice has a long-established policy to neither confirm nor deny such allegations.”

Shortly before the Department of Justice released Rosenstein’s statement, the Post published a story claiming that special counsel Robert Mueller is investigating Kushner’s business dealings as part the probe into Russian election meddling. The story cited “U.S. officials familiar with the matter” as the source for its claim.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/16/americans-should-be-skeptical-rosenstein-blasts-anonymous-sources-ahead-of-damaging-kushner-leak/

Kathianne
06-16-2017, 11:55 AM
Is he saying that the 'sources' are from foreign countries? It's sort of a weird statement-that's understating.

jimnyc
06-16-2017, 11:59 AM
Is he saying that the 'sources' are from foreign countries? It's sort of a weird statement-that's understating.

I think what he's stating is that without anything more than "anonymous", for all we know it could be a foreigner, or whatever anyone thinks since we know nothing at all. But it does state that the source was an unnamed US official.

That US official sure does get around! :laugh:

Kathianne
06-16-2017, 12:13 PM
I think what he's stating is that without anything more than "anonymous", for all we know it could be a foreigner, or whatever anyone thinks since we know nothing at all. But it does state that the source was an unnamed US official.

That US official sure does get around! :laugh:

It seems to me that the administration would be better served to stop with the public condemnations of the leakers, but start going after them quietly and effectively. If that means quietly firing some folks at DOJ-FBI, do so, but don't give it the noise they did Comey-seems that would be easy enough to learn.

Get subpoenas for those publishing the leaks, again quietly. If the outlets wish to invoke the first amendment, fine. Let the reporters keep their secrets in jail.

Ratchet it down, make it less effective. Keep going with your own goals.

Kathianne
06-16-2017, 01:48 PM
I'm coming to the conclusion that Trump can't/won't control himself regarding anything he considers 'slights.' This is dangerous. Taking a bit of time to read about the OP, it's not good news-as Trump vilified him today on Twitter. He's throwing way too many Republicans under the bus, from House Republicans he bullied to pass his Health Care Act, then calling it 'mean,' to know what he's done with Sessions, Rosenstein, following Comey.

I wouldn't change my earlier suggestion that they should Shut up regarding leaks, but prosecute; however, when the 'boss' goes after subordinates repeatedly, even vilifies them when they are gone, those subordinates are likely to try and bring him/her down.

Here's something worth reading, especially about the lawyers:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-five-more-notes-on-trumps-current-predicament/article/2626178

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
06-16-2017, 02:51 PM
I'm coming to the conclusion that Trump can't/won't control himself regarding anything he considers 'slights.' This is dangerous. Taking a bit of time to read about the OP, it's not good news-as Trump vilified him today on Twitter. He's throwing way too many Republicans under the bus, from House Republicans he bullied to pass his Health Care Act, then calling it 'mean,' to know what he's done with Sessions, Rosenstein, following Comey.

I wouldn't change my earlier suggestion that they should Shut up regarding leaks, but prosecute; however, when the 'boss' goes after subordinates repeatedly, even vilifies them when they are gone, those subordinates are likely to try and bring him/her down.

Here's something worth reading, especially about the lawyers:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/byron-york-five-more-notes-on-trumps-current-predicament/article/2626178

Not a real problem unless he starts using presidential powers and resources to go after and destroy opposition, as did the most magnificent and wonderful messiah obama.. who by the way, suffers no punishment in any form for his crimes and corruption.
Trump's tweets are open for all to see, unlike what the obama and crew did to thousands of innocent citizens, groups, etc..
I do agree, TRUMP SHOULD STOP USING TWITTER..-TYR

Kathianne
06-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Not a real problem unless he starts using presidential powers and resources to go after and destroy opposition, as did the most magnificent and wonderful messiah obama.. who by the way, suffers no punishment in any form for his crimes and corruption.
Trump's tweets are open for all to see, unlike what the obama and crew did to thousands of innocent citizens, groups, etc..
I do agree, TRUMP SHOULD STOP USING TWITTER..-TYR

Haven't a doubt that his core loves his tweets, no doubt. His lawyers though are trying to walk back what was basically Trump's admission that he's under investigation. It seems like he watches tv and goes off on the leaks reported. He actually takes all as 'true' while they aren't always correct. Which was Rosenstein's point, but then Trump blasted him, actually contradicting what Trump said earlier, in person on NBC.

He really should try to control his Twitter to his accomplishments and what he wants to accomplish. That's a decent message, ask Jim or Rick. Instead he keeps up the coverage of all the scandals and leaks.

Today there's no talk about his Cuba stand, but lots on his blaming Rosenstein again, when he already said it was originally misrepresented. Oh and WITCH HUNT!!!!