PDA

View Full Version : DP used to be a fun place

Hagbard Celine
08-07-2007, 10:18 AM
I haven't had the pleasure of partaking in a decent debate on this site in over two months. Ever since the inclusion of certain spam-posting members who will remain nameless, the quality of this place has spiraled downward. It seems the purpose of DP now is to flame "libs" with baseless accusations and moronic insults. It's not fun anymore. I know who the first person to respond to this will be and I know exactly what he'll say. First, he'll insult me, call me a lib, then he'll say I'm bitter about "my party," then he'll gloat about his assumed correctness. It's a joke. Then, presumably, he'll be backed-up by his hobbled cohort.

darin
08-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Passive-aggressive bs is just as annoying as Spam.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I haven't had the pleasure of partaking in a decent debate on this site in over two months. Ever since the inclusion of certain spam-posting members who will remain nameless, the quality of this place has spiraled downward. It seems the purpose of DP now is to flame "libs" with baseless accusations and moronic insults. It's not fun anymore. I know who the first person to respond to this will be and I know exactly what he'll say. First, he'll insult me, call me a lib, then he'll say I'm bitter about "my party," then he'll gloat about his assumed correctness. It's a joke. Then, presumably, he'll be backed-up by his hobbled cohort.

Well, you could start with posting facts? That would be a fine place to start if you want to have a debate

Monkeybone
08-07-2007, 10:20 AM
i agree with Hag. i ain't a 'lib' and some of the things that certain members post make me shake my head and go "Say what?" but you really can't have a 'debate'/exchange of ideas any more. it just seems like ppl would rather insult instead of talk about issues,make their points and go on to the next one.

Hagbard Celine
08-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Passive-aggressive bs is just as annoying as Spam.

Hey, I asked a legitimate question about Noah and the Ark the other day and was met with paranoid aggression. It's not my fault if you've got a complex dmp.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:27 AM
i agree with Hag. i ain't a 'lib' and some of the things that certain members post make me shake my head and go "Say what?" but you really can't have a 'debate'/exchange of ideas any more. it just seems like ppl would rather insult instead of talk about issues,make their points and go on to the next one.

While some on the right here let the insults fly - I see personal attacks and insults as normal debate tactis from the lefties

I will only use them when attacked first - and I will usually let the first one slide

shattered
08-07-2007, 10:28 AM
While some on the right here let the insults fly - I see personal attacks and insults as normal debate tactis from the lefties

I will only use them when attacked first - and I will usually let the first one slide

That is, by far, the biggest load of shit I've seen all morning.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
That is, by far, the biggest load of shit I've seen all morning.

Well, Hagbard Celine may have been right - this used to be a nice place

darin
08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey, I asked a legitimate question about Noah and the Ark the other day and was met with paranoid aggression. It's not my fault if you've got a complex dmp.

It's not a complex - it's a very low tolerance for disrespectful children who poke and prod and insult and insinuate then at the very hint of somebody standing up to them they get all "Wha?? it was JUST a QUESTION!"

LiberalNation
08-07-2007, 10:32 AM
I had a nice debate about flag burning with Yurt. Sides that can't remember any.

Sitarro
08-07-2007, 10:35 AM

Yea, getting back to that....... If Noah was in charge of collecting the pairs, why didn't he leave snakes, roaches, mosquitoes and those fucking brown recluse spiders off the boat?:smoke:

Abbey Marie
08-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Hmmm. Simply telling people sarcastically "Have a good cry and let it all out" doesn't strike me as much of high-level debating tool.

Hagbard Celine
08-07-2007, 10:38 AM
It's not a complex - it's a very low tolerance for disrespectful children who poke and prod and insult and insinuate then at the very hint of somebody standing up to them they get all "Wha?? it was JUST a QUESTION!"

Look, I know I give you a hard time about your religion, but not everything I say is a camouflaged insult. I think I do a good job of making insults obvious enough to be understood. I'll just say this: I know you're an authority on the Bible, so every now and then, if I'm curious about the text, I'll ask a question about it because I know you'll answer.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Yea, getting back to that....... If Noah was in charge of collecting the pairs, why didn't he leave snakes, roaches, mosquitoes and those fucking brown recluse spiders off the boat?:smoke:

I want to know how a liberal made it on board

darin
08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Look, I know I give you a hard time about your religion, but not everything I say is a camouflaged insult. I think I do a good job of making insults obvious enough to be understood. I'll just say this: I know you're an authority on the Bible, so every now and then, if I'm curious about the text, I'll ask a question about it because I know you'll answer.

:bs:

shattered
08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
I want to know how a liberal made it on board

The same way you made it BACK on the board.

Fishing.

Sitarro
08-07-2007, 10:41 AM
I hate spiders...... especially these.... so screw Noah for not throwing them overboard and letting the fish eat them.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:41 AM
The same way you made it BACK on the board.

Fishing.

Oh I knew you would take the bait

It shows you are out looking for things to bitch about

Hagbard Celine
08-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Hmmm. Simply telling people sarcastically "Have a good cry and let it all out" doesn't strike me as much of high-level debating tool.

I won't take any thread seriously that is titled "libs...." That also goes for anyone seriously "debating" any of these topics. Since threads like that seem to make up 90 percent of what is posted here, I don't take much of anyone or anything seriously at all. If you want to discuss how evil "libs" are, I humbly suggest that jimny create an alternate thread category titled, "Evil 'Libs'" and make it so that when you click on the "New Posts" button, none of the threads from this category come up on the page if you don't want them to.

shattered
08-07-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh I knew you would take the bait

It shows you are out looking for things to bitch about

Suffice it to say, with three of you here now, this place'll go to hell in a handbasket in no time whatsoever. It's a shame the admins didn't take that into consideration before tossing those lines out.

Quality - not quantity.. :)

Abbey Marie
As for the poll, I don't think I have changed my posting frequency. There are just more threads to ignore due to my lack of interest in the subject matter. The level of discourse is pretty crude right now, and I don't participate in that, but IMO, the worst thing that can happen to a board is a very low rate of posting overall.

LiberalNation
Libs and I have been the favorite topics for discussion on this board. I want my own forum to. LOL

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:45 AM
Suffice it to say, with three of you here now, this place'll go to hell in a handbasket in no time whatsoever. It's a shame the admins didn't take that into consideration before tossing those lines out.

Quality - not quantity.. :)

It took a few steps down the minute you stuck your blue nose into the discussion

Hagbard Celine
08-07-2007, 10:46 AM
I hate spiders...... especially these.... so screw Noah for not throwing them overboard and letting the fish eat them.

Many spiders are light enough to actually walk on water. That fact aside, according to the text, Noah was commanded by God to actually take all the things that creep upon the Earth onboard. When el hefe gives you a direct order, you don't have much choice you know?

shattered
08-07-2007, 10:46 AM
As for the poll, I don't think I have changed my posting frequency. There are just more threads to ignore due to my lack of interest in the subject matter. The level of discourse is pretty crude right now, and I don't participate in that, but IMO, the worst thing that can happen to a board is a very low rate of posting overall.

Hate to say it, but it's going to get even lower. There will be hundreds of threads started per day, but they won't get responses from more than 2-3 people. If that's the kind of traffic y'all were after, congratulations.. :)

shattered
08-07-2007, 10:47 AM
It took a few steps down the minute you stuck your blue nose into the discussion

You're still trying to pass me off as a Lib, because everyone else is tired of responding to your "libs this" and "libs that" load of shit?

Whatever frosts your cookies, toots.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Hate to say it, but it's going to get even lower. There will be hundreds of threads started per day, but they won't get responses from more than 2-3 people. If that's the kind of traffic y'all were after, congratulations.. :)

Do you want all threads to be personally OK'd by you before they are posted?

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:49 AM
You're still trying to pass me off as a Lib, because everyone else is tired of responding to your "libs this" and "libs that" load of shit?

Whatever frosts your cookies, toots.

Really? I still get alot of feedback and posts to my threads

No you are not a lib - just a stuck up little bitch with a huge chip on her shoulder

LiberalNation
08-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Also the abortion debate also in a thread with my name on it was very good as long as you can ignore the crap in them you can see good threads.

Mr. P
08-07-2007, 10:50 AM
I agree with Hag. The place is in critical condition IMO.

When sig line size becomes more important than post content/quality red flags should fly. Not to mention that someone even said there aren't many libs here because we've run all but a few off. Can't have debate without both sides. This is starting to look like the Conservative DU.

shattered
08-07-2007, 10:50 AM

BTW - you are in a constant state of being pissed off - nobody has to try and piss you off

Booted out of the RIF program, I see.. I said you're trying to PASS me off as BEING a liberal..

Here's a bit of advice - slow down and read what you're responding to, so you don't look quite so illiterate...

shattered
08-07-2007, 10:51 AM

When sig line size becomes more important than post content/quality red flags should fly. Not to mention that someone even said there aren't many libs here because we've run all but a few off. Can't have debate without both sides. This is starting to look like the Conservative DU.

Oh, but post count is WAY up, dontcha know.. :coffee:

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:51 AM
Booted out of the RIF program, I see.. I said you're trying to PASS me off as BEING a liberal..

Here's a bit of advice - slow down and read what you're responding to, so you don't look quite so illiterate...

Trying to talk to you on your level - it is hard to lower myslef that far down but I am trying

LiberalNation
08-07-2007, 10:55 AM
The tons of posts with few responces with little substance are better than a dead board I'd say. I only read 1/4 of the threads posted on this board. I go thru new posts look at any threads I previously posted in, if a title strikes my eye I might click on it also, then push the mark all forums read button. Not that difficult.

shattered
08-07-2007, 10:56 AM

**points out that the last thread you started has 25 total posts, and half of them are from YOU.**

Sitarro
08-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Many spiders are light enough to actually walk on water. That fact aside, according to the text, Noah was commanded by God to actually take all the things that creep upon the Earth onboard. When el hefe gives you a direct order, you don't have much choice you know?

Two words that work to deflect blame.......... I forgot. "Gee God, I forgot those God forsaken spyders and snakes. If we have to have them could you just remake them in the non-poisonous category(like we don't have enough crap to deal with on this planet)." :laugh2:

red states rule
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
**points out that the last thread you started has 25 total posts, and half of them are from YOU.**

My how time must be heavy on your hands

What a dull life you must lead

Abbey Marie
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM

No one is looking for any particular type of traffic. Jim is very open-minded and welcoming and to a point, he lets the chips fall where they may. This question is not for Shattered particularly, but for anyone who feels this way: Do you suggest that people be banned because you don't like their posting quantity, or should they be banned because they are passionate and repetitive about their politics? Anything else, such as limiting post numbers, would be a much more severe restriction on that beloved freedom of speech than removing LN's avatar.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 11:00 AM
No one is looking for any particular type of traffic. Jim is very open-minded and welcoming and to a point, he lets the chips fall where they may. This question is not for Shattered particularly, but for anyone who feels this way: Do you suggest that people be banned because you don't like their posting quantity, or should they be banned because they are passionate and repetitive about their politics? Anything else, such as limiting post numbers, would be a much more severe restriction on that beloved freedom of speech than removing LN's avatar.

Does she want to personally approve all threads before they are posted?

She wants the Shattered Doctrine put into place

Abbey Marie
08-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Does she want to personally approve all threads before they are posted?

She wants the Shattered Doctrine put into place

Btw, I've posted with Shattered for a long time, and she is not by any defintion I know, liberal.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Btw, I've posted with Shattered for along time, and she is not by any defintion I know, liberal.

I never said she was.

She does have a huge ego and a big chip on her shoulder

Mr. P
08-07-2007, 11:07 AM

Let the chips fall where they may then, but I can tell you, if you sell a quality product people will buy and you'll thrive, if you sell crap you go outta business.

diuretic
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM

Mr P, you know the antithesis of DU is Freeperville and this place is a long way from Freeperville :coffee: But we could do with a bit less of the personal attacks though. :cool:

Sitarro
08-07-2007, 11:17 AM

I agree with you Abbey, this board is set up for a wide variety of people and it is also set up to where you can ignore anyone you know you will never want to respond to. I haven't seen any other boards that provide "deep" discussion, all the time, except for specialty boards like nikonia. Any political board is going to end up with arguements and insults.

I drop by USMB every once in a while and see that it is much worse than ever...... when a guy who is suppose to be a lifetime career veteran talked about how he would like to piss on my father's grave at Veteran's Memorial Cemetary, I knew I was finished with that place....... there are some of the slimiest asswipes on the planet hanging out there.

diuretic
08-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Two words that work to deflect blame.......... I forgot. "Gee God, I forgot those God forsaken spyders and snakes. If we have to have them could you just remake them in the non-poisonous category(like we don't have enough crap to deal with on this planet)." :laugh2:

Yeah, how come this one had to be taken on board?

http://users.esc.net.au/~whitters/page4.html

:laugh2:

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Libs and I have been the favorite topics for discussion on this board. I want my own forum to. LOL

There you go begging for attention again..........:laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
08-07-2007, 11:20 AM

God knew that each ecosystem is comprised of many moving parts. If Noah hadn't saved every single animal, the Earth wouldn't have recovered from the flood.

diuretic
08-07-2007, 11:21 AM
God knew that each ecosystem is comprised of many moving parts. If Noah hadn't saved every single animal, the Earth wouldn't have recovered from the flood.

I've been camping up there where that little bugger lives. The most venomous land snake in the world! It cost me sleep, I kept waiting for the little sod to end up in my sleeping bag!

Noah! I want a word with you! :laugh2:

Mr. P
08-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Mr P, you know the antithesis of DU is Freeperville and this place is a long way from Freeperville :coffee: But we could do with a bit less of the personal attacks though. :cool:

I know. This place is just moving the wrong way IMO. But then it's not my project. Just voicing my opinion as a long time member.

Sitarro
08-07-2007, 11:29 AM

Damn!!!! That is one nasty ass snake....... yuckchhhh. We have these nasty shits in the South...... they are very aggressive and I have had them come at me.....short, fat, smell like shit and nasty poison.

Mr. P
08-07-2007, 11:38 AM
I've been camping up there where that little bugger lives. The most venomous land snake in the world! It cost me sleep, I kept waiting for the little sod to end up in my sleeping bag!

Noah! I want a word with you! :laugh2:

I believe Australia has the largest count of venomous snakes in the world..or is it New Zealand?

Abbey Marie
08-07-2007, 11:40 AM
I believe Australia has the largest count of venomous snakes in the world..or is it New Zealand?

I think I read that Australia has the largest of mumber of poisonous species of any kind in the world. ???

red states rule
08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
There you go begging for attention again..........:laugh2:

Well, she does beg very well. You have to go with your strengths

Sitarro
08-07-2007, 11:44 AM
I think I read that Australia has the largest of mumber of poisonous species of any kind in the world. ???

And Ireland has no snakes.....I love Ireland....... beautiful, wonderful people, Guinness and NO SNAKES!:laugh2:

diuretic
08-07-2007, 11:45 AM

Damn right and the bastards are all in Parliament :laugh2:

diuretic
08-07-2007, 11:47 AM

Not NZ, they have the All Blacks, that's enough! :laugh2:

diuretic
08-07-2007, 11:47 AM
I know. This place is just moving the wrong way IMO. But then it's not my project. Just voicing my opinion as a long time member.

But you gave it a subtle nudge - it'll get back on track :coffee:

-Cp
08-07-2007, 11:53 AM

Noah didn't take insects....

The Flood wiped out all land animals which breathed through nostrils except those on the Ark (Genesis 7:22). Insects do not breathe through nostrils but through tiny tubes in their exterior skeleton.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 11:53 AM
But you gave it a subtle nudge - it'll get back on track :coffee:

The board is doing fine. If some of the libs don;t like it, there is always the Daily Kos and the Dem Underground

diuretic
08-07-2007, 12:00 PM
The board is doing fine. If some of the libs don;t like it, there is always the Daily Kos and the Dem Underground

If I had to leave I'd miss it. I mean, I've kind of got used to my blood pressure going through the roof :laugh2:

dan
08-07-2007, 12:01 PM
I voted 'I don't give a f*ck', because I really don't care that much, but I can understand where the complaints are coming from. It's frustrating to open up every single thread, only to find whatever the topic is devolve into "libs this, libs that". And it's not because I'm left-leaning, I felt back around '04, this board was going in the exact opposite direction, with every board liberal filling up every thread with "Bush is evil" type stuff. We found a nice balance for a while, mainly IMO because everybody here "knew" each other, at least as much as you can know someone through a board. It's difficult for new members, I'm sure.

The fact that at least two forums have been overrun with threads about LN isn't helping anyone (except her, of course, YOU A STAR, LN!) is another immediate problem, but that'll settle soon enough.

This isn't a problem with any real solution, that I can see. Should NM or RSR be banned? Hell, no. Limiting post count only serves to punish everybody for the actions of a few.

But, this too shall pass. Look at this thread, alone: among all the bickering and ridiculous back-and-forth, there's a decent, civil conversation/mini-debate on Noah's Ark going on. Those who care will stay, those who don't will leave. Not much else we can do about it.

Although, I've honestly laughed out loud more in the past few days from posts on here than I have since the board was created! Some small part of me would love to see OCA and NM just continually threaten each other over the internet for years.:laugh2:

red states rule
08-07-2007, 12:01 PM
If I had to leave I'd miss it. I mean, I've kind of got used to my blood pressure going through the roof :laugh2:

You have to do what you have to do

OCA
08-07-2007, 02:21 PM

I suggest that when it is suggested to a certain member, in the manner of constructive criticism by staff, to try being more selective on his thread starting, to try to pick up the quality of his posts and to actually read before he posts so he doesn't look retarded and said member tells staff to "get bent" said member should be shown the door for a bit.

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 02:26 PM
I suggest that when it is suggested to a certain member, in the manner of constructive criticism by staff, to try being more selective on his thread starting, to try to pick up the quality of his posts and to actually read before he posts so he doesn't look retarded and said member tells staff to "get bent" said member should be shown the door for a bit.

To scared to use my name cupcake? I have never told a staff member to Get Bent.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 02:27 PM

Sounds like censorship to me

Use the ignore feature

jackass
08-07-2007, 02:31 PM

OOhhhI think I might have just killed on of them today. Yikes!

red states rule
08-07-2007, 02:34 PM
OOhhhI think I might have just killed on of them today. Yikes!

That is when a big can of RAID comes in handy

Angel Heart
08-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Should of put another option. "just got here". I don't know how it was but I'm enjoying myself now.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Should of put another option. "just got here". I don't know how it was but I'm enjoying myself now.

It is fun here - some people have to whine and moan or they are not happy

Abbey Marie
08-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Damn right and the bastards are all in Parliament :laugh2:

:laugh2: You have a really fun sense of humor.

jackass
08-07-2007, 02:39 PM

Hey now!!! Snakes are cool!!!

red states rule
08-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey now!!! Snakes are cool!!!

Never travel anywhere without a mongoose

jackass
08-07-2007, 02:41 PM

Actually I think that ANYONE who CANT have a spirited argument without all the name calling and threatening of kicking someones ass should be banned. Its gotten way out of control. There are too many vigilantes on this board.

jackass
08-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Btw, I've posted with Shattered for a long time, and she is not by any defintion I know, liberal.

Yeah. A pain in the ass maybe but not a liberal! j/k :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
08-07-2007, 02:44 PM

I recall making constructive criticism similar to that publicly. Was that response to me? I must have missed it!

red states rule
08-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah. A pain in the ass maybe but not a liberal! j/k :laugh2:

For some reason, Shattered thinks I consider her a liberal. She has the ego and anger problem of a liberal - but that is about it

jackass
08-07-2007, 02:48 PM

The Flood wiped out all land animals which breathed through nostrils except those on the Ark (Genesis 7:22). Insects do not breathe through nostrils but through tiny tubes in their exterior skeleton.

Hey..I didnt know that! Cool! :beer:

Sitarro
08-07-2007, 02:57 PM

Thanks for clearing that up Cp. I have often wondered about the internal makeup of something as tiny as a flea...... can you shed any light on that? What type of organs do they have in that ridiculously tiny body?

-Cp
08-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks for clearing that up Cp. I have often wondered about the internal makeup of something as tiny as a flea...... can you shed any light on that? What type of organs do they have in that ridiculously tiny body?

Nope.. but I'm sure www.google.com can for ya...

LiberalNation
08-07-2007, 03:46 PM
IThe fact that at least two forums have been overrun with threads about LN isn't helping anyone (except her, of course, YOU A STAR, LN!)
:thanks::talk2hand: :gay:

jimnyc
08-07-2007, 04:09 PM

I think you're confusing the purpose of a few members with the purpose of DP. What others post here is in no direct relation as to what the "board" wants. But should we ban or censor people just because they post different than what we want?

Why the congrats? Do you somehow think we solicited certain members, or are trying to attain a certain post level count? Members join, they post, that's it.

Critical condition? LOL Nah, far from it. Surely if someone thought as much and wanted to avoid the controversy or high post counts of others, they could put them on ignore, no?

Oh, but post count is WAY up, dontcha know.. :coffee:

Meaning?

Let the chips fall where they may then, but I can tell you, if you sell a quality product people will buy and you'll thrive, if you sell crap you go outta business.

But that's just it, we AREN'T selling anything here. This isn't a store, it's a message board. Maybe I'd go out of business if I was making money and the income started going down, but there's no money to be made here!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stated a long time ago that any community is only as good as it's members that are posting. Seems to me that most of the controversy as of late is member against member. Yet a bunch would somehow like to hold the board responsible for threads/posts/members they don't care for.

I try to make rules and guidelines to keep things in check, but then get slammed left and right about freedom of speech, too much staff interference, biased, unfairness... When I let things run on auto pilot and be less restrictive, some want to blame me for not reigning things in.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I think you're confusing the purpose of a few members with the purpose of DP. What others post here is in no direct relation as to what the "board" wants. But should we ban or censor people just because they post different than what we want?

Why the congrats? Do you somehow think we solicited certain members, or are trying to attain a certain post level count? Members join, they post, that's it.

Critical condition? LOL Nah, far from it. Surely if someone thought as much and wanted to avoid the controversy or high post counts of others, they could put them on ignore, no?

Meaning?

But that's just it, we AREN'T selling anything here. This isn't a store, it's a message board. Maybe I'd go out of business if I was making money and the income started going down, but there's no money to be made here!

I stated a long time ago that any community is only as good as it's members that are posting. Seems to me that most of the controversy as of late is member against member. Yet a bunch would somehow like to hold the board responsible for threads/posts/members they don't care for.

I try to make rules and guidelines to keep things in check, but then get slammed left and right about freedom of speech, too much staff interference, biased, unfairness... When I let things run on auto pilot and be less restrictive, some want to blame me for not reigning things in.

:clap:

OCA
08-07-2007, 04:12 PM
To scared to use my name cupcake? I have never told a staff member to Get Bent.

So now they are all liars?

OCA
08-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I recall making constructive criticism similar to that publicly. Was that response to me? I must have missed it!

Yes it was, well he ignored it for awhile because facing the truth is too hard so he waited then told you to get bent.

Mr. P
08-07-2007, 04:56 PM

No. Putting someone on ignore doesn't change the quality or content of the posts on the board that every visitor/potential member sees. Shit attracts flies, Jim.

Look at it this way....If shots are constantly fired someone WILL shoot back. That's not debate in my book, it's a flame war.

For the record, I don't think banning anyone is the answer. I don't think anyone has even suggested that be done.

Auto Pilot sucks if yer approaching a line of thunderstorms.

jimnyc
08-07-2007, 05:09 PM
No. Putting someone on ignore doesn't change the quality or content of the posts on the board that every visitor/potential member sees. Shit attracts flies, Jim.

Look at it this way....If shots are constantly fired someone WILL shoot back. That's not debate in my book, it's a flame war.

For the record, I don't think banning anyone is the answer. I don't think anyone has even suggested that be done.

Auto Pilot sucks if yer approaching a line of thunderstorms.

I agree with you, Mr. P, trust me. But what is worse for the board, some members having to place one another on ignore because they don't like the quality of the others posts, or every other thread being converted into a flame war? I try to place such threads in this section, this way users aren't "censored" but then the rest of the board has the option of avoiding these types of threads. Then I have members complaining they don't like this section at all. Some live for the controversy while others do all they can to avoid it. You are going to have this unless their are strict guidelines, and staff upholds those guidelines. I reigned that in a bit as when staff did as much, I was accused non-stop of ruining the board via censorship and unfairness in the decisions. You know as well as I do, that when a decision is to be made, 9 out of 10 times someone will be unhappy. But these are the things that we must deal with if we want moderation to prevent the board from turning to chaos.

Now, I can leave things on auto-pilot and see if the board can weather the thunderstorms, or we can all understand that moderation is a necessary evil in keeping the community within a sense of decency. The board will survive either way, but the picture might be 2 different things. This is where I'm relying on the community, to tell me what type of board they want. Past history told me overwhelmingly that the board wanted a "hands off" approach from staff.

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 05:21 PM
:thanks::talk2hand: :gay:

@>-,-'-- A rose for the Star!

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 05:24 PM

Meaning?

What in the heck is DU?

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 05:25 PM
So now they are all liars?

If I told them to Get Bent then yes. Think about it Twinkie if I told a staff member to Get Bent I would have been banned Cupcake.

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes it was, well he ignored it for awhile because facing the truth is too hard so he waited then told you to get bent.

I have never told Abbey to Get Bent, and if I did I was joking around with her and obviously she knows that. What fantasy world are you living in?

red states rule
08-07-2007, 05:28 PM
What in the heck is DU?

Democrat Underground

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 05:35 PM
Democrat Underground

What's that?

red states rule
08-07-2007, 05:36 PM
What's that?

a kook left site like the Daily Koss

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 05:42 PM
a kook left site like the Daily Koss

A Debate site like this?

diuretic
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
A Debate site like this?

No, this site will allow much more dissent, DU is for those of the Democratic persuasion and they make no bones about it.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 05:44 PM
A Debate site like this?

Check it out

democraticunderground . com

jackass
08-07-2007, 06:19 PM
Now, I can leave things on auto-pilot and see if the board can weather the thunderstorms, or we can all understand that moderation is a necessary evil in keeping the community within a sense of decency. The board will survive either way, but the picture might be 2 different things. This is where I'm relying on the community, to tell me what type of board they want. Past history told me overwhelmingly that the board wanted a "hands off" approach from staff.

Jim, if you are running this place like you did the other board...well I trust your judgement that it will turn around. If you arent...then gat back to it man! :)

Pale Rider
08-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, do you like it here, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, the place is going down hill, blah, blah, blah.

C'mon people. Holy shit. It boils down to this. If you like posting here you stay. If you don't, you leave. Christ. Whining and crying your little eyes out here ain't going to change shit. If you truly think the board needs change, PM JIMMY! He's a good shit. He'll listen to anything you have to say and take it into consideration. At the same time, if he thinks you're nothing but a little whiny cry baby that just wants to belly ache, he'll tell you so.

Either get in the fight or get going, but please, spare me your crocodile tears because, "you think this place is going downhill."

It appears to me, "the this place is going downhill" crowd are all the liberals. Why would that be you may ask. Well it wouldn't be because they're getting their asses kicked in all the debates would it? It wouldn't be because most of the ones that come here are here for nothing but causing trouble, and plan on getting banned just as soon as they've gotten away with as much bullshit as they could would it? It wouldn't be because the liberals are the minority here?

Just get a grip. If you don't like it here leave. If you can't handle it leave. I left, and everybody knows why. Because of LN's burning American flag avatar. I WAS a mod here, but left because of that. I wanted it gone, and Jimmy wouldn't let me take it down. Just to point out again, Jimmy is as fair a guy as you will ever find as a board owner. But, I left. I didn't like it. I left. I came back at the insistence of many people. But that's how it works. You don't like it, leave. Quit bitching.

As far as LN's avatar, I have her on ignore. I don't want to look at it, and I won't. I don't want to read anything she has to say either, and I won't. She's got huge problems, and what she does or says is nothing I'm interested in seeing or hearing. She's America hating liberal lesbian trash. Ignore, there's the other feature people here have the option of using if they don't like to hear what someone has to say. Use it.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 06:42 PM
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, do you like it here, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, the place is going down hill, blah, blah, blah.

C'mon people. Holy shit. It boils down to this. If you like posting here you stay. If you don't, you leave. Christ. Whining and crying you little eyes out here ain't going to change shit. If you truly think the board needs change, PM JIMMY! He's a good shit. He'll listen to anything you have to say and take it into consideration. At the same time, if he thinks you're nothing but a little whiny cry baby that just wants to belly ache, he'll tell you so.

Either get in the fight or get going, but please, spare me your crocodile tears because, "you think this place is going downhill."

It appears to me, "the this place is going downhill" crowd are all the liberals. Why would that be you may ask. Well it wouldn't be because they're getting their asses kicked in all the debates would it? It wouldn't be because most of the ones that come here are here for nothing but causing trouble, and plan on getting banned just as soon as they've gotten away with as much bullshit as they could would it? It wouldn't be because the liberals are the minority here?

Just get a grip. If you don't like it here leave. If you can't handle it leave. I left, and everybody knows why. Because of LN's burning American flag avatar. I WAS a mod here, but left because of that. I wanted it gone, and Jimmy wouldn't let me take it down. Just to point out again, Jimmy is as fair a guy as you will ever find as a board owner. But, I left. I didn't like it. I left. I came back at the insistence of many people. But that's how it works. You don't like it, leave. Quit bitching.

As far as LN's avatar, I have her on ignore. I don't want to look at it, and I won't. I don't want to read anything she has to say either, and I won't. She's got huge problems, and does or says nothing I'm interested in seeing or hearing. She's America hating liberal lesbian trash. Ignore, there's the other feature people here have the option of using if they don't like to hear what someone has to say. Use it.

Hey, don't hold back PR - tell us how you really feel

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 06:45 PM

C'mon people. Holy shit. It boils down to this. If you like posting here you stay. If you don't, you leave. Christ. Whining and crying you little eyes out here ain't going to change shit. If you truly think the board needs change, PM JIMMY! He's a good shit. He'll listen to anything you have to say and take it into consideration. At the same time, if he thinks you're nothing but a little whiny cry baby that just wants to belly ache, he'll tell you so.

As far as LN's avatar, I have her on ignore. I don't want to look at it, and I won't. I don't want to read anything she has to say either, and I won't. She's got huge problems, and does or says nothing I'm interested in seeing or hearing. She's America hating liberal lesbian trash. Ignore, there's the other feature people here have the option of using if they don't like to hear what someone has to say. Use it.

You have a point here. The Liberal's can't say anymore that the staff is biased, because if they were Jimmy would have banned LN or at the very least taken the Avatar down. Lord know she has tested his patience on several occasions saying things that should have gotten her banned, but Jimmy was being fair and let it slide. Also Psychobluse would have been gone along with Hag.

So you Liberal's can't say anymore that you are being targeted and that the staff is biased.

red states rule
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
You have a point here. The Liberal's can't say anymore that the staff is biased, because if they were Jimmy would have banned LN or at the very least taken the Avatar down. Lord know she has tested his patience on several occasions saying things that should have gotten her banned, but Jimmy was being fair and let it slide. Also Psychobluse would have been gone along with Hag.

So you Liberal's can't say anymore that you are being targeted and that the staff is biased.

So they want their own Fairness Doctrine to silence the views they do not like

OCA
08-07-2007, 06:50 PM
If I told them to Get Bent then yes. Think about it Twinkie if I told a staff member to Get Bent I would have been banned Cupcake.

No you wouldn't, i've disagreed with Jimmy many times vehemently as a member and AS A MOD, called him a boatload of names, told him as a mod that I wasn't changing my style for shit(something you'll never be, not smart enough) and VOILA! never banned.

Basically you are saying that Jimmy is an asshole.

Pale Rider
08-07-2007, 06:54 PM
So they want their own Fairness Doctrine to silence the views they do not like

That's about what this thread boils down to rsr.

OCA
08-07-2007, 06:56 PM
I have never told Abbey to Get Bent, and if I did I was joking around with her and obviously she knows that. What fantasy world are you living in?

The one where you actually have a clue on how to debate, that fantasy world.

When you ignore constructive criticism from staff you are in fact telling them to fuck off.

Your refusal to change your spamming ways is the sole reason for the current downward spiral of the board.........newbie.

Why not do the honourable thing and leave?

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
No you wouldn't, i've disagreed with Jimmy many times vehemently as a member and AS A MOD, called him a boatload of names, told him as a mod that I wasn't changing my style for shit(something you'll never be, not smart enough) and VOILA! never banned.

Basically you are saying that Jimmy is an asshole.

Quit putting words in my mouth cupcake I never said that. What im saying is if you unload on a staff member you usually get banned that's why I don't do it. You maybe able to get away with it but not everyone here can.

OCA
08-07-2007, 06:57 PM
What's that?

Unbelievable! What a fucking moron!

Dilloduck
08-07-2007, 06:58 PM

C'mon people. Holy shit. It boils down to this. If you like posting here you stay. If you don't, you leave. Christ. Whining and crying your little eyes out here ain't going to change shit. If you truly think the board needs change, PM JIMMY! He's a good shit. He'll listen to anything you have to say and take it into consideration. At the same time, if he thinks you're nothing but a little whiny cry baby that just wants to belly ache, he'll tell you so.

As far as LN's avatar, I have her on ignore. I don't want to look at it, and I won't. I don't want to read anything she has to say either, and I won't. She's got huge problems, and what she does or says is nothing I'm interested in seeing or hearing. She's America hating liberal lesbian trash. Ignore, there's the other feature people here have the option of using if they don't like to hear what someone has to say. Use it.

good Idea for an experiment--gonna put a couple post whores on ignore to get a feel for whats gonig on here besides the right wing cheerleaders.

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 06:58 PM
The one where you actually have a clue on how to debate, that fantasy world.

When you ignore constructive criticism from staff you are in fact telling them to fuck off.

Your refusal to change your spamming ways is the sole reason for the current downward spiral of the board.........newbie.

Why not do the honourable thing and leave?

Why don't you do the honorable thing and come out of the closet. We all know you suck guys off, so it's ok, were not going to judge you.

OCA
08-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Why don't you do the honorable thing and come out of the closet. We all know you suck guys off, so it's ok, were not going to judge you.

I have you pegged and you can't refute it, that post proves it.

Have you see that most of the threads are about you lately and the damage you are doing to the board?

Mr. P
08-07-2007, 07:45 PM
good Idea for an experiment--gonna put a couple post whores on ignore to get a feel for whats gonig on here besides the right wing cheerleaders.

Yer goona be bored..

Yurt
08-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Yer goona be bored..

Why?

Mr. P
08-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Why?

Cuz I think I know Dillo. He's not into right wing cheerleaders or bashing the left ALL the time. Same as many here..Checked the vote lately?

Dilloduck
08-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Cuz I think I know Dillo. He's not into right wing cheerleaders or bashing the left ALL the time. Same as many here..Checked the vote lately?

It's a little boring but at least I'm not smacking my head against the wall thinking "talk less--learn more" . :laugh2:

Mr. P
08-07-2007, 09:31 PM
It's a little boring but at least I'm not smacking my head against the wall thinking "talk less--learn more" . :laugh2:

The more "talk" the better IMO..just not seeing much of it lately.

Dilloduck
08-07-2007, 10:18 PM
The more "talk" the better IMO..just not seeing much of it lately.

My bad---I was referring to mature and intelligent discourse on appropriate areas of the board. You bet--the more the better !

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Why?

What's wrong with you lately?

Yurt
08-07-2007, 11:09 PM
What's wrong with you lately?

WTF? Don't get an attitude with me.

stephanie
08-07-2007, 11:27 PM

May I sir...cop an attitude with you???(just joking sweetie)
I'll tell you what...
I've been sitting back watching the board.....
And have been amused....
We are going to have all kinds of people here, and enjoy it????

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 11:46 PM

Me attitude? I think not.

stephanie
08-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Whatever???

Good Grief.....

Lets think of this board....as not our own....

If you wish to have a board where it is just you.......You need to start your own damn website....

a few people here, are stepping over their bounds, in my opinion...

You all need to create your own damn website......

Stop leaning off the back of Jimmy, so you all can have your so called intelligently whatever, at someones else's expense
:dance:

Sitarro
08-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Jim, if you are running this place like you did the other board...well I trust your judgement that it will turn around. If you arent...then gat back to it man! :)

great avatar jack.

PostmodernProphet
08-08-2007, 04:37 AM
As far as LN's avatar, I have her on ignore.

ah, I was wondering why she changed it.....

Abbey Marie
08-08-2007, 08:02 AM
As Stephanie and Sitarro said, great avatar, Jack.