PDA

View Full Version : Mistrial In Cosby Case

Kathianne
06-17-2017, 09:24 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mistrial-declared-bill-cosby-jury-deadlocked-on-verdict/

June 17, 2017, 10:20 AMMistrial declared; Bill Cosby jury deadlocked on verdict

Black Diamond
06-17-2017, 12:24 PM
I wonder if the prosecutor will really retry as he says.

Kathianne
06-17-2017, 01:09 PM
I wonder if the prosecutor will really retry as he says.

I've been running errands for a bit, but would guess there was one, maybe two holdouts for 'reasonable doubt,' otherwise it would have been guilty. A retrial would have a good chance.

Black Diamond
06-17-2017, 01:22 PM
I've been running errands for a bit, but would guess there was one, maybe two holdouts for 'reasonable doubt,' otherwise it would have been guilty. A retrial would have a good chance.
Is notoriety driving the prosecutor ?

hjmick
06-17-2017, 01:46 PM
I lived in Southern California for 34 years and for as far back as I can remember there were rumors and whispers about Cosby, and I wasn't even in the industry.

Whether the prosecutor retries the case or not doesn't really matter, except maybe to the prosecutor. Cosby is done, he would be hard pressed to get a booking anywhere, save some tabloid television news show, and the rehabilitation of his image and reputation would be damn near impossible.

There will be a civil suit, more likely than not, which he will probably lose, and everyone save Bill and Camille will go home rich and happy.

Kathianne
06-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Is notoriety driving the prosecutor ? I don't think it has anything to do with what's happening now. More likely as the following remark by hjmick, he'll be getting off easy with only the one of many he likely harmed. His celebrity saved him years.

I lived in Southern California for 34 years and for as far back as I can remember there were rumors and whispers about Cosby, and I wasn't even in the industry.

Whether the prosecutor retries the case or not doesn't really matter, except maybe to the prosecutor. Cosby is done, he would be hard pressed to get a booking anywhere, save some tabloid television news show, and the rehabilitation of his image and reputation would be damn near impossible.

There will be a civil suit, more likely than not, which he will probably lose, and everyone save Bill and Camille will go home rich and happy.

I can't go back that far, but have seen some clues that there were issues for a couple decades.