PDA

View Full Version : Hot Day Breakfast

Kathianne
06-17-2017, 10:05 AM
Cottage cheese with raspberries, and strawberries; yogurt with granola, (yeah I eat that stuff), and big ole' iced coffee. Made a dent in calcium % and so yummy. Good to go until dinner.

Abbey Marie
06-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Cottage cheese with raspberries, and strawberries; yogurt with granola, (yeah I eat that stuff), and big ole' iced coffee. Made a dent in calcium % and so yummy. Good to go until dinner.

Sounds perfect

Gunny
06-17-2017, 04:13 PM
Cheese and onion omelet (6 eggs) and a glass of chocolate milk. Half a pot of :coffee2:A dozen assorted vitamins. Reminds me ... I'm short two. Excuse to go to GNC and blow some $. :)

Black Diamond
06-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Cheese and onion omelet (6 eggs) and a glass of chocolate milk. Half a pot of :coffee2:A dozen assorted vitamins. Reminds me ... I'm short two. Excuse to go to GNC and blow some $. :)
No doughnuts ? ;)

Gunny
06-17-2017, 04:27 PM
No doughnuts ? ;)I haven't had a doughnut in over 10 years at least. Probably kill me :laugh:.

gabosaurus
06-17-2017, 07:04 PM
Cottage cheese? :talk2hand: :uhoh: :wtf:
My mom eats cottage cheese. I tasted it once and thought it was perhaps the most disgusting things ever. So no...

I eat mostly the same things for breakfast every day. Some sort of eggs or omelets, some toast (with a LOT of butter). My daughters prefers melons when they are in season. Or frosted Pop Tarts if she is in a hurry. My husband eats whatever is in front of him.

Kathianne
06-17-2017, 07:14 PM
My mom eats cottage cheese. I tasted it once and thought it was perhaps the most disgusting things ever. So no...

I eat mostly the same things for breakfast every day. Some sort of eggs or omelets, some toast (with a LOT of butter). My daughters prefers melons when they are in season. Or frosted Pop Tarts if she is in a hurry. My husband eats whatever is in front of him.

When it's not hot, I pretty much eat baked oatmeal made with milk and with some combo of nuts, cranberries, raisins, blueberries, peaches, cinnamon, brown sugar. On hot days, going to be cottage cheese/yogurt with melon, fruit, granola. (still want the oats.) ;)

Breakfast is when I get most of whatever calcium I'm going to get. I don't like milk. While I may have a yogurt later in the day, after the fruit from breakfast my sugar % doesn't leave a lot of room.

Gunny
06-17-2017, 08:03 PM
When it's not hot, I pretty much eat baked oatmeal made with milk and with some combo of nuts, cranberries, raisins, blueberries, peaches, cinnamon, brown sugar. On hot days, going to be cottage cheese/yogurt with melon, fruit, granola. (still want the oats.) ;)

Breakfast is when I get most of whatever calcium I'm going to get. I don't like milk. While I may have a yogurt later in the day, after the fruit from breakfast my sugar % doesn't leave a lot of room.Why does "hot" matter? Dp you eat outside in the desert or something? My kitchen has AC. :)

And nix the strawberries, and 2 minutes in the microwave for the coffee. I can handle the rest. I like cottage cheese with peaches.

Kathianne
06-17-2017, 08:41 PM
Why does "hot" matter? Dp you eat outside in the desert or something? My kitchen has AC. :)

And nix the strawberries, and 2 minutes in the microwave for the coffee. I can handle the rest. I like cottage cheese with peaches.

I'm weather sensitive, should have noticed that when I was still in IL. LOL! I've always been that way, just like I'm nearly always an hour or more early for work, whatever it is I'm doing.

I check the weather, lay out my clothes the night before. Yes, it always figures into what I plan to eat and do the next day.

Now you eat what you like on yours and I'll decide mine. Heck, I'll even buy what you want, just keep the salt shaker away from my fruit. ;)

Gunny
06-17-2017, 09:00 PM
I'm weather sensitive, should have noticed that when I was still in IL. LOL! I've always been that way, just like I'm nearly always an hour or more early for work, whatever it is I'm doing.

I check the weather, lay out my clothes the night before. Yes, it always figures into what I plan to eat and do the next day.

Now you eat what you like on yours and I'll decide mine. Heck, I'll even buy what you want, just keep the salt shaker away from my fruit. ;)I don't put salt on berries, silly. I most certainly don't put it on other people's food. I could care less what others do.

It's just rater hard to express an opinion or a preference on a message board if you don't express it.

Abbey Marie
06-18-2017, 08:42 AM

I'll be having cottage cheese for lunch today. It's perfect (if you like it, lol) when you want to eat lightly. As I do today, because I made a lobster stew for Russ' Fathers Day dinner.

For breakfast, whatever's around. I don't like milk much, so cereal swimming in it just doesn't work for me. Oatmeal in the winter. When I was younger, I generally skipped it altogether. I don't plan all meals well, like Kath. I'd probably be healthier if I did.

When we go out for breakfast or brunch, I do love some Eggs Benedict, minus the ham. And home fries. Yum.

Salt on watermelon?! If God wanted our watermelon to be salty, he'd have made it a vegetable!

NightTrain
06-18-2017, 09:03 AM
You guys are weirding me out with all this oatmeal talk. :puke3:

Cottage cheese with peaches is delicious! I wasn't introduced to that until about '07 or so.

Bilgerat
06-19-2017, 04:26 PM
Eggs with;

Bacon, Hash-browns, Corn beef hash, Waffles, Pancakes, Toast, Corn Bread, Oatmeal, grits, or cereal

Any combination of the above, despite the weather. :coffee:

Kathianne
06-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Eggs with;

Bacon, Hash-browns, Corn beef hash, Waffles, Pancakes, Toast, Corn Bread, Oatmeal, grits, or cereal

Then you go back to bed? :laugh:

It was in the 80's when I left at 6:30. It's 114 outside now, don't want to eat. Maybe a fudgesicle later. :laugh2:

Gunny
06-19-2017, 04:56 PM
Eggs with;

I was hoping that was a menu to choose from. All at once is a tad much.:laugh:

Dis
06-19-2017, 05:01 PM

I think it is a menu to choose from.

Bacon, corned beef hash and eggs suit me just fine. Put the over easy eggs on the lightly browned hash, and don't let the crispy bacon touch anything else, please.

Bilgerat
06-19-2017, 05:03 PM

It would cause one to gain some serious weight that way :laugh:

Bacon, corned beef hash and eggs suit me just fine. Put the over easy eggs on the lightly browned hash, and don't let the crispy bacon touch anything else, please.

It was indeed. http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

I also like to place the eggs over the grits. Add in some Tabasco and have at!

Gunny
06-19-2017, 05:56 PM

Bacon, corned beef hash and eggs suit me just fine. Put the over easy eggs on the lightly browned hash, and don't let the crispy bacon touch anything else, please.You could complicate boiling water, woman. Burnt bacon. Disgusting.

Kathianne
06-19-2017, 08:14 PM

I got that with 'any combination of,' still would result in a breakfast coma for me. Weekend stuff.

Gunny
06-19-2017, 08:39 PM
I got that with 'any combination of,' still would result in a breakfast coma for me. Weekend stuff.Hard to tell with a squid. Especially one that works below decks. Their social skills consist of bellowing "GANG WAY!", "COMIN' THRU", GET THE F- OUT OF MY WAY". If that doesn't work you will probably get forearmed into the bulkhead, all of which have exposed pi[es, valves and assorted brass fittings.

I know a few could eat all of that and drink most of our coffee.:laugh:

Dis
06-19-2017, 09:17 PM
You could complicate boiling water, woman. Burnt bacon. Disgusting.

Bite me, old man. There's a difference between "crisp" and "burned".

Gunny
06-19-2017, 09:18 PM
Bite me, old man. There's a difference between "crisp" and "burned".I love it when you whisper sweet nothings in my ear:laugh:.

And no, there ain't.

Dis
06-20-2017, 09:55 AM
I love it when you whisper sweet nothings in my ear:laugh:.

And no, there ain't.

Only to those incapable of making anything more complicated than Spaghettio-s, sweetheart.

Gunny
06-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Only to those incapable of making anything more complicated than Spaghettio-s, sweetheart.I don't eat crap like that. Be that as it may, my cooking skills are fine; which, have ZERO to do with taste. If I want to eat charcoal, I got a bag full of it in the garage.

And I DO destroy my daughter's bacon just like she likes it. I'm just talented enough to get mine out of the pan when it is cooked properly. ;)

Dis
06-20-2017, 10:20 AM
I don't eat crap like that. Be that as it may, my cooking skills are fine; which, have ZERO to do with taste. If I want to eat charcoal, I got a bag full of it in the garage.

And I DO destroy my daughter's bacon just like she likes it. I'm just talented enough to get mine out of the pan when it is cooked properly. ;)

"Rubber-like"is not 'cooked properly". It should be headed back to the pan to finish. Do I have to spell EVERYTHING out for you??

Gunny
06-20-2017, 10:27 AM
"Rubber-like"is not 'cooked properly". It should be headed back to the pan to finish. Do I have to spell EVERYTHING out for you??An admission that you are wrong for once in 15 years will suffice.:)

I could cook breakfast for the Queen, she could approve it, and you'd STILL find something wrong with it just because I did it. Don't need to spell THAT out for me. :)

Dis
06-20-2017, 10:33 AM
An admission that you are wrong for once in 15 years will suffice.:)

I could cook breakfast for the Queen, she could approve it, and you'd STILL find something wrong with it just because I did it. Don't need to spell THAT out for me. :)

And there, you are mistaken. :)

Gunny
06-20-2017, 11:02 AM
And there, you are mistaken. :)I knew I would be. :laugh:

Dis
06-20-2017, 11:08 AM
I knew I would be. :laugh:

Ironic, isn't it? :coffee:

Gunny
06-20-2017, 11:11 AM
Ironic, isn't it? :coffee:Clairvoyant

Abbey Marie
06-20-2017, 02:07 PM
I love it when you whisper sweet nothings in my ear:laugh:.

And no, there ain't.

I wasn't aware that bacon could be over-cooked.

Black Diamond
06-20-2017, 02:11 PM
Did my wife hijack abbeys account ?

Abbey Marie
06-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Did my wife hijack abbeys account ?

Lol. Obviously a woman of refined taste.

Black Diamond
06-20-2017, 02:36 PM
Lol. Obviously a woman of refined taste.
Smh.

Bilgerat
06-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Hard to tell with a squid. Especially one that works below decks. Their social skills consist of bellowing "GANG WAY!", "COMIN' THRU", GET THE F- OUT OF MY WAY". If that doesn't work you will probably get forearmed into the bulkhead, all of which have exposed pi[es, valves and assorted brass fittings.

I know a few could eat all of that and drink most of our coffee.:laugh:

You forgot "MAKE A HOLE" :laugh:

While on board ship I would eat all I wanted. But going up & down the ladders, opening scuttles (and closing them after going thru) work the chow off you.

When I was "on the beach" I had to watch what I stuffed in the pie hole. It got REAL bad one year when the cook was going to the Community College learning Pastry Cooking. :laugh2:

Gunny
06-20-2017, 06:45 PM
Did my wife hijack abbeys account ?I won't touch burnt bacon. Just as soon flick cigarette ashes in my mouth. About the same taste.

Dis
06-20-2017, 11:21 PM

It cant...but there's no arguing with that doddering old fool. *runs*

SassyLady
06-21-2017, 01:17 AM
Breakfast ... ugh. Until this 2017 New Years resolution crap I rarely ate breakfast but nutritionist says I must have breakfast within 30 minutes of getting up. So, everyday I have a fruit and veggie smoothie with my detox powder and my Cardo vascular medical food powder .. and I add in some ginger and cinnamon. 2 cups of frozen fruit and veggies ... blueberries, cherries, peaches, spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes and water. No dairy.

Kathianne ... cottage cheese .. blech. :poke:

Burnt bacon .. nope .. goes in garbage disposal.

On the occasion I get tired of smoothie (which I will have some other time of the day if not breakfast because it's medicinal ... ugh) I'll have eggs .. with salsa .. no bacon or toast. I really miss the bisquits and gravy with bacon and hash browns. Those were the good old days.

CSM
06-21-2017, 05:37 AM
Breakfast ... ugh. Until this 2017 New Years resolution crap I rarely ate breakfast but nutritionist says I must have breakfast within 30 minutes of getting up. So, everyday I have a fruit and veggie smoothie with my detox powder and my Cardo vascular medical food powder .. and I add in some ginger and cinnamon. 2 cups of frozen fruit and veggies ... blueberries, cherries, peaches, spinach, carrots, sweet potatoes and water. No dairy.

Kathianne ... cottage cheese .. blech. :poke:

Burnt bacon .. nope .. goes in garbage disposal.

On the occasion I get tired of smoothie (which I will have some other time of the day if not breakfast because it's medicinal ... ugh) I'll have eggs .. with salsa .. no bacon or toast. I really miss the bisquits and gravy with bacon and hash browns. Those were the good old days.

Biscuits, gravy and hash browns!!! Hell yeah! Alas, that stuff will kill me.

Bilgerat
06-21-2017, 07:06 AM
Biscuits, gravy and hash browns!!! Hell yeah! Alas, that stuff will kill me.

Oh the "Meme's" that come to mind;

"Bacon is like a women"
"People who don't like Biscuits and Gravy"
"Like bacon or you're wrong"

:laugh2:

Gunny
06-22-2017, 02:58 PM
Oh the "Meme's" that come to mind;

"Bacon is like a women"
"People who don't like Biscuits and Gravy"
"Like bacon or you're wrong"

:laugh2:Who needs a meme? If Dis says I'm wrong I could be right if science AND the Bible proved otherwise and I'd STILL be wrong. You the know the old saying: If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, is Gunny still wrong?:laugh:

Dis
06-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Who needs a meme? If Dis says I'm wrong I could be right if science AND the Bible proved otherwise and I'd STILL be wrong. You the know the old saying: If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is around to hear it, is Gunny still wrong?:laugh:

Careful. People will start to think you missed me..

Gunny
06-22-2017, 05:31 PM
Careful. People will start to think you missed me..That's a question?

Dis
06-22-2017, 05:38 PM
That's a question?

Doesn't look like one, no.

Gunny
06-22-2017, 05:39 PM
Doesn't look like one, no.Sure I missed you. Hell, I almost had some self esteem going. Can't have THAT.:laugh:

Dis
06-22-2017, 05:42 PM
Sure I missed you. Hell, I almost had some self esteem going. Can't have THAT.:laugh:

My work here is done. :salute:

Now, off to work on Jimmy's. He managed to get a bearded dragon to hate him. Beardies are the puppy of the reptile world.

Gunny
06-22-2017, 05:54 PM
My work here is done. :salute:

Now, off to work on Jimmy's. He managed to get a bearded dragon to hate him. Beardies are the puppy of the reptile world.Sounds like cat food to me.