PDA

View Full Version : Fined for not speaking English

jimnyc
06-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Yes! Now if only this were the case all over the nation. :)

But with today's liberals and the ever so much tolerance they demand, they will likely call this trans-speaking and how they have rights too. :rolleyes:

---

Uber Driver Fined in Miami-Dade County For Violating Rule Requiring Ability to Speak English

An Uber driver in South Florida was given a hefty ticket for violating a county ordinance that speaks less to how she handles her vehicle than other skills.

Cell phone footage obtained exclusively by our sister station Telemundo 51 captured Carmen Echevarria, getting a $250 ticket from a Miami-Dade Police officer outside Miami International Airport. Her violation? Not being able to speak English correctly.

“I felt discriminated against,” Echevarria told the station. “I asked the (passenger sitting in her car) ‘Can you please help translate what she is saying?’ Then she asked why, if I was an Uber driver, I didn’t speak English.“

In May 2016, Miami-Dade County issued a memorandum with rules for transportation network drivers – with one of the requirements being "able to communicate in the English language."

Rest here - http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/Uber-Driver-Fined-in-Miami-Dade-County-For-Violating-Rule-Requiring-Driver-Speaking-English-429357343.html