PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Line From A Military Flick

OCA
01-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Lt. Kendrick in "A Few Good Men":

"Not at all, I like all you Navy boys. Every time we gotta go some place to fight, you fellas always give us a ride."

:lol: :lol:

darin
01-31-2007, 01:30 PM
I am hard, but I am fair! There is no racial bigotry here! I do not look down on niggers, kikes, whops or greasers! Here you are ALL equally worthless! And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to SERVE in my beloved Corp. Do you maggots understand that?
Recruits: Sir! Yes sir!
Drill Instructor: Bullshit! I can't hear you!
Recruits: Sir! Yes sir! (http://www.moviesounds.com/fmj/nobigotry.wav)

Mr. P
01-31-2007, 01:33 PM
‘I love the smell of napalm in the morning’

OCA
01-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Lt. Kendrick in "A Few Good Men":

"Not at all, I like all you Navy boys. Every time we gotta go some place to fight, you fellas always give us a ride."

:lol: :lol:

Did any of you pukes get my drift here? I know you did.

retiredman
01-31-2007, 02:04 PM
kendrick was the sociopathic sadistic marine who got what was coming to him in the end, wasn't he?

it figures that a guy like that would be your kind of hero.

jillian
01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
‘I love the smell of napalm in the morning’

"smells like victory"

Defeinitely the one!

I also like:

adapt, improvise, you're a marine (from Heartbreak Ridge)

OCA
01-31-2007, 02:13 PM
kendrick was the sociopathic sadistic marine who got what was coming to him in the end, wasn't he?

No Benedict Arnold, he was just the Marine jag or lawyer, not sure which is the proper term.

Nice try though, what do you do for an encore? Tell me you knew Norman Schwarzkopf also? LMFAO!

retiredman
01-31-2007, 02:26 PM
No traitor, he was just the Marine jag or lawyer, not sure which is the proper term.

Nice try though, what do you do for an encore? Tell me you knew Norman Schwarzkopf also? LMFAO!

you're wrong... the Keifer Sutherland character said that line, not the Kevin bacon character.

and you ignorance about military terminology is certainly no big surprise

Gaffer
01-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Band of Brothers

"We're paratroopers, we're suppose to be surrounded."

retiredman
01-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Band of Brothers

"We're paratroopers, we're suppose to be surrounded."

great series, by the way. I got them for Christmas two years ago as a set of DVD's and watched it all one snowy cold January weekend

OCA
01-31-2007, 03:43 PM
you're wrong... the Keifer Sutherland character said that line, not the Kevin bacon character.

and you ignorance about military terminology is certainly no big surprise

My bad, the statement is still as right as the rain.

Roomy
01-31-2007, 03:59 PM
The Deerhunter.

Robert de Niro as Michael

"Every time he comes up, he's got no knife, he's got no jacket, he's got no pants, he's got no boots. All he's got is that stupid gun he carries around like John Wayne."

One of many great lines from that movie.

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 04:05 PM
"What is this... What the fuck is this!"

When Ermey finds the jelly donut in private pyle's footlocker - Full Metal Jacket

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 04:11 PM
And another!

<big>If your killer instincts are not clean and strong...you will hesitate at the moment of truth! You will not kill! You will become DEAD Marines. And then you will be in a world of shit! Because Marines are NOT ALLOWED TO DIE WITHOUT PERMISSION! Do you maggots understand?
Recruits: Sir! Yes sir!

Anyone wanna hear it? :)

</big>

Gaffer
01-31-2007, 04:53 PM
"Good Morning Sergeant Major" cheerful soldier.

"So your some kinda fuckin weatherman?"

from We Were Soldiers.

also

General "We've redesignated your unit the 7th Cavalry"

Mel Gibson " So that makes me Custer."

Gaffer
01-31-2007, 04:58 PM
From Zulu
at role call after the battle.

Hughes....Hughes....I saw you Hughes, your alive.

Hughes " I am? oh....why thank you Sergeant.

The ClayTaurus
01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
Not sure if "The 300 Spartans" will count as a military flick... still bad ass nonetheless:

Commander of the Immortals: "When we attack today, our arrows will blot out the sun!"

Spartan King: "Good, then we will fight in the shade."

darin
01-31-2007, 05:13 PM
Not sure if "The 300 Spartans" will count as a military flick... still bad ass nonetheless:

Commander of the Immortals: "When we attack today, our arrows will blot out the sun!"

Spartan King: "Good, then we will fight in the shade."

That's hot. :)

Good movie?

The ClayTaurus
01-31-2007, 05:14 PM
That's hot. :)

Good movie?The remake isn't out yet, but the original was decent. The remake looks amazing, but I fear it might become overhyped.

And if you quote Paris Hilton again, I'm neg repping you. :)

darin
01-31-2007, 05:16 PM
The remake isn't out yet, but the original was decent. The remake looks amazing, but I fear it might become overhyped.

you're hawt.

How'd those pics w/ the XTi at the game turn out? :)

Gaffer
01-31-2007, 05:28 PM
The remake isn't out yet, but the original was decent. The remake looks amazing, but I fear it might become overhyped.

I want to see that when it comes out. Hopefully it will be a little more historically accurate. Like showing how they treated the slaves. They were a badass bunch but they were exceptionally cruel.

The ClayTaurus
01-31-2007, 05:32 PM
you're hawt.

How'd those pics w/ the XTi at the game turn out? :)Mediocre. But I blame my lens :)

Or should I say, lack of adequate lens. :)

retiredman
01-31-2007, 08:34 PM
My bad, the statement is still as right as the rain.

no..it is not. the quote came from Keifer Sutherland who was a line officer marine at Gitimo, not Kevin Bacon, the line officer Marine Corps JAG officer stationed at the Navy Yard in DC.

but why don't you question MY service while you're at it..

Gunny
01-31-2007, 09:07 PM

Yeah, the bad guys won.

retiredman
01-31-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah, the bad guys won.

no..the good guys one...the guys in the blue suits... the asshole psycopaths in OD lost.

awwwwwww

Gunny
01-31-2007, 09:13 PM
no..it is not. the quote came from Keifer Sutherland who was a line officer marine at Gitimo, not Kevin Bacon, the line officer Marine Corps JAG officer stationed at the Navy Yard in DC.

but why don't you question MY service while you're at it..

Please explain what a line officer Marine Corps JAG officer is to the audience. Lou.

Gunny
01-31-2007, 09:17 PM
no..the good guys one...the guys in the blue suits... the asshole psycopaths in OD lost.

awwwwwww

Obviously an unrealistic depiction of Naval personnel. Their unifroms fit, trousers weren't high-waters, and they didn't have pot-bellies.

retiredman
01-31-2007, 09:19 PM
Please explain what a line officer Marine Corps JAG officer is to the audience. Lou.

a few too many scotches...

famous grouse ;)

retiredman
01-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Obviously an unrealistic depiction of Naval personnel. Their unifroms fit, trousers weren't high-waters, and they didn't have pot-bellies.

why must you be so purposely confrontational?

Gunny
01-31-2007, 09:29 PM
a few too many scotches...

famous grouse ;)

There is no such thing as a line officer Marine Corps JAG officer. Line officers are combat arms ... infantry, artillery, tanks, traks ....

JAG officers are lawyers.

Gunny
01-31-2007, 09:31 PM
why must you be so purposely confrontational?

Do you every listen to yourself? Really .....

You call me an "asshole psychopath in OD" then get all butt-hurt when I respond in kind.

Said1
01-31-2007, 09:35 PM
You too. Just like an old married couple. :beer:

retiredman
01-31-2007, 09:41 PM
You too. Just like an old married couple. :beer:

actually...I think he probably has more experience in that gay stuff than I do.... I am, by the way, happily married.

darin
01-31-2007, 09:44 PM
Okay folks -here's the Sheriff speaking

NO FURTHER serious personal attacks or name-calling in this thread. I'm going thru now and removing those things; if you see your post edited, don't get all butt hurt...just deal with it.

Thanks!

Said1
01-31-2007, 09:46 PM
actually...I think he probably has more experience in that gay stuff than I do.... I am, by the way, happily married.

Forcing self to refrain from further comment.......:laugh:

retiredman
01-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Forcing self to refrain from further comment.......:laugh:

that is wise.... my wife agrees

Said1
01-31-2007, 10:15 PM
that is wise.... my wife agrees

Why, what's she gonna do, kick me arse? :dunno:

retiredman
01-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Why, what's she gonna do, kick me arse? :dunno:

of course not...just stop by, look at what you have written, and laugh at you.

that is enough.

The ClayTaurus
01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
of course not...just stop by, look at what you have written, and laugh at you.

that is enough.Is it your mission to alienate everyone here?

retiredman
01-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Is it your mission to alienate everyone here?

funny how you seem to ignore the comments meant to alienate me...

but in answer to your question...NO...only those who deserve it.

The ClayTaurus
01-31-2007, 10:38 PM
funny how you seem to ignore the comments meant to alienate me...

but in answer to your question...NO...only those who deserve it.Simply untrue. I called OCA on him trolling you. I'm more than happy to call it as it is, and first I felt you were getting a bad rap. I'm not sure if you're recent prickishness is because you're bitter from those early exchanges or because you're really just that much of a shithead.

Do you think your inability to converse in a friednly manner with the majority of posters here is in no way your problem? Everyone here is just that much of an idiot?

retiredman
01-31-2007, 10:43 PM
Simply untrue. I called OCA on him trolling you. I'm more than happy to call it as it is, and first I felt you were getting a bad rap. I'm not sure if you're recent prickishness is because you're bitter from those early exchanges or because you're really just that much of a shithead.

Do you think your inability to converse in a friednly manner with the majority of posters here is in no way your problem? Everyone here is just that much of an idiot?

I am certain that I am part of the problem.... no doubt. and I would undoubtedly be better served if I were nicer and friendlier...

but there is that nasty little detail of a stupid ass war that has killed nearly 3100 Americans which impedes my willingness to sing Kumbaya

jimnyc
01-31-2007, 10:45 PM
I am certain that I am part of the problem.... no doubt.

I have no doubt either. You obviously have no integrity and lack any type of social skills. The military wasted their time on such a prick.

The ClayTaurus
01-31-2007, 10:47 PM
I am certain that I am part of the problem.... no doubt. and I would undoubtedly be better served if I were nicer and friendlier...

but there is that nasty little detail of a stupid ass war that has killed nearly 3100 Americans which impedes my willingness to sing KumbayaYour displeasure with the war in Iraq prevents you from being friendly to people? That's your excuse?

Gaffer
01-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Your displeasure with the war in Iraq prevents you from being friendly to people? That's your excuse?

He's gotta put the blame somewhere besides himself. He's a leftie remember.

jillian
01-31-2007, 10:54 PM
He's gotta put the blame somewhere besides himself. He's a leftie remember.

*Ahem* :uhoh:

retiredman
01-31-2007, 10:58 PM
Your displeasure with the war in Iraq prevents you from being friendly to people? That's your excuse?
I would suggest that you read the sum total of my posts and responses thereto before putting this all on me.

The ClayTaurus
01-31-2007, 11:03 PM
I would suggest that you read the sum total of my posts and responses thereto before putting this all on me.And I would suggest that you read my posts in the context of the thread they're in. I am in no way putting this all on you.

You admitted that some of the problem is you, and that you could be more friendly. Then you state your inability to do so is because of the war in Iraq.

So, again, I ask you: This is your excuse? That your opposition to a war has made you less willing to be peaceful here?

retiredman
01-31-2007, 11:13 PM
And I would suggest that you read my posts in the context of the thread they're in. I am in no way putting this all on you.

You admitted that some of the problem is you, and that you could be more friendly. Then you state your inability to do so is because of the war in Iraq.

So, again, I ask you: This is your excuse? That your opposition to a war has made you less willing to be peaceful here?

yes. the war in Iraq and the willingness of those on the right to continue to wave pompoms for it DOES make me less willing to be peaceful here...but not totally UNwilling. I will try harder.

Gaffer
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Another good thread hijacked.

from the Alamo
Looking out at the Mexican army.
Davy Crockett " We're gonna need a LOT more men."

The ClayTaurus
01-31-2007, 11:22 PM
yes. the war in Iraq and the willingness of those on the right to continue to wave pompoms for it DOES make me less willing to be peaceful here...but not totally UNwilling. I will try harder.I wish you luck.

As a last question, and this is in all seriousness and not meant to be taken as a flame... but don't you find it a bit... ironic that your desire for peace has rendered you somehow less peaceful, personally?

Gunny
01-31-2007, 11:38 PM
Another good thread hijacked.

from the Alamo

Col. Meyers: What's your assessment of this situation, Gunny?

Highway: It's a cluster fuck, sir. Marines shouldn't be sitting on their sorry asses filling out requisitions for equipment they should already have.

Col. Meyers: An astute observation.

;)

Hobbit
02-01-2007, 01:04 PM
A few more favorites from our favorite Sgt. Major from "We Were Soldiers."

Upon seeing that their lines had broken and were about to be overrun by Vietnamese.
"Gentlemen! Prepare to defend yourselves."

Hal Moore: What do you think Custer was thinking when he realized he'd walked into a slaughter.
Sgt. Major: Sir, Custer was a pussy, and you ain't.
Later in the movie, having utterly destroyed the NVA base.
"You wanna know what custer was thinkin', ask that guy." Motions to a dead body manning an AA gun.

And from the book upon which the movie was based.
Gen. Hal Moore: Hollywood got it wrong every damn time.

retiredman
02-01-2007, 01:19 PM
I wish you luck.

As a last question, and this is in all seriousness and not meant to be taken as a flame... but don't you find it a bit... ironic that your desire for peace has rendered you somehow less peaceful, personally?

ironic? perhaps, yes. I acted as a pallbearer for a young Maine national guardsman...his father and I had served as volunteer firefighters... and it made me so heartsick...it made me so angry that this fine young life was snuffed out so young....I really haven't been very "peaceful" about the war in Iraq from the beginning, but that event drove all the peacefulness out of my soul.

darin
02-01-2007, 01:24 PM
And THAT was the last whine-off-topic-bitchfest-post in this otherwise GOOD thread.

:) YAY!

We can get back to WAR MOVIE QUOTES!

Mr. P
02-01-2007, 01:28 PM
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- Attributed to General George Patton Jr

I think it was part of the speech in the movie too.

Hagbard Celine
02-01-2007, 01:32 PM
Military! Military! Uuunnnngggghhhhhh Aaaahhh! :wank:

How about from "Apocalypse Now."

"Saigon... shit; I'm still only in Saigon... Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle. When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer; every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around, the walls moved in a little tighter."

:uhoh:

Gaffer
02-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I hate apocalypse now. It was the first of the "never happened in Vietnam" movies.

Hagbard Celine
02-01-2007, 03:05 PM
I hate apocalypse now. It was the first of the "never happened in Vietnam" movies.

Nice to meet you too Christian brother. :beer:

Gunny
02-01-2007, 07:11 PM

- Are you new to the infantry, Major?
- Yes, sir. I came over from Supply.

- Were you good at that?
- Yes, sir!

Then stick to it, because you're
a cluster fuck as an infantry officer.

Heartbreak Ridge

jillian
02-01-2007, 08:16 PM
From Full Metal Jacket:

"What's your major malfunction, numbnuts?"

jimnyc
02-01-2007, 08:19 PM
Since Full Metal Jacket seems to be so polular, thought some of you might enjoy this soundboard:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/jacket2.html

darin
02-01-2007, 08:32 PM
DUDE listen to the crank-calls they did!! :)

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/jacknich-prank1.html

As an example.

pegwinn
02-01-2007, 08:33 PM
From Rules of Engagement.

What part of waste the motherfucker don't you understand?

By the way, for the guy from maine. Marines don't have line and staff officers. We have Commissioned, Warrant, Staff Noncommissioned, and Noncommissioned. The Navy is the one with a dual track for the Officers (Staff and Line). Just trying to help.

manu1959
02-01-2007, 11:06 PM
"this is this" bobby d. deer hunter

"if i am going to war for a word, my word is poontang" fucking animal, full metal jacket

dirt mcgirt
02-02-2007, 11:36 AM
"Sir, they're going to get us fucking killed out there!"

"Just get it over with!"

- Black Hawk Down

retiredman
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
From Rules of Engagement.

What part of waste the motherfucker don't you understand?

By the way, for the guy from maine. Marines don't have line and staff officers. We have Commissioned, Warrant, Staff Noncommissioned, and Noncommissioned. The Navy is the one with a dual track for the Officers (Staff and Line). Just trying to help.

point taken... the line, nonetheless, was not spoken by the lawyer, played by Kevin Bacon but by Nicholson's lackey, played by Keifer Southerland.... I am sure that he endeared himself to many of the marines who post hereon.

dirt mcgirt
02-02-2007, 12:05 PM
point taken... the line, nonetheless, was not spoken by the lawyer, played by Kevin Bacon but by Nicholson's lackey, played by Keifer Southerland.... I am sure that he endeared himself to many of the marines who post hereon.
:confused:

There were actually two different things in Pegwinn's post. The line you highlighted in pegwinn's post was referring to the war movies thread. That line was from Rules of Engagement not A Few Good Men. The second part of peg's post was directed to you. Thought I'd clarify.

dirt mcgirt
02-02-2007, 12:26 PM
from the Alamo
Reminds me of a joke:

Q: Why were there only 6000 Mexicans at the Alamo?

A: Because they only had two trucks.

:thumb:

KarlMarx
02-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Oh gee... not one quote from "Major Payne"!!!!

That was a funny movie

"After three weeks of the civilian puke existence, I was back at the Corps! ... and back to the sweet smell of mustard gas"

"Killing is my business, and business is GOOOOOOOD! "

"I'm gonna put my foot so far up your ass, the water on my knee will quench your thirst!"

Major Payne (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001834/): You like the way I handled them white folks back there?
Cadet Williams (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001834/): Yeah.
Major Payne (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001834/): You like a black man to handle things?
Cadet Williams (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001834/): Malcolm X.
Major Payne (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001834/): Let me tell you something... I AM NOT YOUR DAMN BROTHER!

retiredman
02-02-2007, 02:08 PM
:confused:

There were actually two different things in Pegwinn's post. The line you highlighted in pegwinn's post was referring to the war movies thread. That line was from Rules of Engagement not A Few Good Men. The second part of peg's post was directed to you. Thought I'd clarify.

Oh... I know, every officer in the corps is a "combat officer" but, oddly enough, those JAG jarheads never seem to make it to the battlefield, what with their heavy case load and all.

pegwinn
02-02-2007, 08:33 PM

Hello I am Phil. I honestly don't care who spoke what line in which movie. That argument is for trivia buffs of which I am not, so far as movies are concerned.

The intention was to correct erronious factual information about the Marine Corps. As you said, "point taken".

Good to meet you.

Edited to add:

Oh... I know, every officer in the corps is a "combat officer" but, oddly enough, those JAG jarheads never seem to make it to the battlefield, what with their heavy case load and all.

Again, in the spirit of community service; You are either mistaken or simply making a joke in poor taste. The SJA is assigned as far forward as practical to accomplish the mission of legal support to commanders in a combat zone.

For instructional purposes only: Educational Material. (http://www.marinecorpsgazette-digital.com/marinecorpsgazette/200611/?pg=83)

Grumplestillskin
02-09-2007, 05:00 PM
"I'll tear your head off and shit down your neck."

Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

darin
02-09-2007, 05:04 PM
I know, I know...this isn't from a movie....

"I believe we were all glad to leave New Zealand. It is not a pleasant place. Amongst the natives there is absent that charming simplicity .... and the greater part of the English are the very refuse of society." ....... Charles Darwin 1860

Grumplestillskin
02-09-2007, 05:09 PM
From An Officer and a Gentleman

Louis Gossett Jnr: You want to fuck me?
That's why you called me a ewe? Are you a queer?

Richard Gere: Hell no, sir!

Louis Gossett Jnr: Where you from, boy?

Richard Gere: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, sir.

Louis Gossett Jnr: Only two things come out of Oklahoma. Steers and queers. Which one are you, boy? I don't see no horns.You must be a queer.

Richard Gere: No, sir.

Louis Gossett Jnr: Stop whispering. You're giving me a hard-on.

Richard Gere: No, sir!

Louis Gossett Jnr: You laughing at me, dickbrain?

Louis Gossett Jnr: Stop eyeballing me or I'll rip your eyeballs out and skullfuck you to death.

darin
02-09-2007, 05:11 PM
From An Officer and a Gentleman

Louis Gossett Jnr: You want to fuck me?
That's why you called me a ewe? Are you a queer?

Richard Gere: Hell no, sir!

Louis Gossett Jnr: Where you from, boy?

Richard Gere: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, sir.

Louis Gossett Jnr: Only two things come out of Oklahoma. Steers and queers. Which one are you, boy? I don't see no horns.You must be a queer.

Richard Gere: No, sir.

Louis Gossett Jnr: Stop whispering. You're giving me a hard-on.

Louis Gossett Jnr: You laughing at me, dickbrain?

Louis Gossett Jnr: Stop eyeballing me or I'll rip your eyeballs out and skullfuck you to death.

you completely made that up..lmao ;)

Grumplestillskin
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
you completely made that up..lmao ;)

I wish I was that good. Actually, I thought the original quote re steers and queers mentioned Texas. But I was wrong. I know there is a similar scene at the end when they take in new recruits, but then he uses Arizona...:dunno:

darin
02-09-2007, 05:20 PM
I wish I was that good. Actually, I thought the original quote re steers and queers mentioned Texas. But I was wrong. I know there is a similar scene at the end when they take in new recruits, but then he uses Arizona...:dunno:

That interchange is almost word-for work from Full Metal Jacket, too

Grumplestillskin
02-09-2007, 05:26 PM
That interchange is almost word-for work from Full Metal Jacket, too

Are you sure? I've only seen an Officer and a Gentleman once. Seen Full Metal Jacket twice. Mind you, the former supercedes the latter by four or five years. Surely Kubrick wouldn't be that cheap...

darin
02-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Are you sure? I've only seen an Officer and a Gentleman once. Seen Full Metal Jacket twice. Mind you, the former supercedes the latter by four or five years. Surely Kubrick wouldn't be that cheap...

Not line - like quoted...but very similiar lines

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Pyle I'm gonna give you three seconds; exactly three-fucking-seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fuck you!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy dog shit. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?

Grumplestillskin
02-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Checked out Full Metal Jacket screenplay. No exchange like officer and a gentleman, but found this :

Sergeant Gerheim: Private Pyle, Private Joker is your new bunkmate. Private Joker is a very bright boy. He will teach you everything. He will teach you how to pee.

JOKER: SIR, THE PRIVATE WOULD PREFER TO STAY WITH HIS BUNKMATE, PRIVATE COWBOY, SIR!

Sergeant Gerheim: You queer for Private Cowboy's gear? You smoke
his pole?

darin
02-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Checked out Full Metal Jacket screenplay. No exchange like officer and a gentleman, but found this :

Sergeant Gerheim: Private Pyle, Private Joker is your new bunkmate. Private Joker is a very bright boy. He will teach you everything. He will teach you how to pee.

JOKER: SIR, THE PRIVATE WOULD PREFER TO STAY WITH HIS BUNKMATE, PRIVATE COWBOY, SIR!

Sergeant Gerheim: You queer for Private Cowboy's gear? You smoke
his pole?

Not in-line, I see...but very similiar lines

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Private Pyle I'm gonna give you three seconds; exactly three-fucking-seconds to wipe that stupid looking grin off your face or I will gouge out your eyeballs and skull-fuck you!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Holy dog shit. Texas? Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy. And you don't look much like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down. Do you suck dicks?

Abbey Marie
02-09-2007, 05:47 PM
From Patton:
Patton: Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
And:
Clergyman: I was interested to see a Bible by your bed. You actually find time to read it?
Patton: I sure do. Every goddamn day.

From Platoon:
Sgt. O'Neill: Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one, all right? I mean I got a bad feeling! I don't think I'm gonna make it outta here! D'ya understand what I'm sayin' to you?
Sgt. Barnes: Everybody gotta die some time, Red.

Grumplestillskin
02-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Not in-line, I see...but very similiar lines

Sorry, posted my last before yours...didn't see it....:thumb:

GW in Ohio
02-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Drill Sergeant: "What's 'at, boy? You say you're from Texas?

Ain't but two things come out of Texas, boy........steers and queers.

Which one are you?"

Soldier: "Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Don't remember which movie that was from. I think An Officer and a Gentleman, with Louis Gossett, Jr. as the DI.

Whoops. Looks like others beat me to it. Classic dialogue, though.....

grunt
02-17-2007, 01:15 AM
Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Col Jessup---"A Few Good Men"