PDA

View Full Version : OK, let's try this again....

dan
08-07-2007, 12:33 PM
This thing's been announced more times than Chinese Democracy. Come to think of it, GNR has a better shot at reuniting successfully than these guys.

NASHVILLE - Van Halen will announce a 50-date American reunion tour with original singer David Lee Roth during a news conference in Hollywood next week, sources said.

The arena trek will begin in early October.

Roth, who split from the rock group in the mid-1980s in hopes of solo stardom, will reunite with co-founders Eddie Van Halen on guitar and brother Alex Van Halen on drums. Eddie’s teenage son Wolfgang will sub for Michael Anthony on bass.

A proposed summer amphitheater tour by the group never got off the ground, with Eddie Van Halen entering a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March.

In the months since, the guitarist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit.

Van Halen last toured in 2004, with Roth’s replacement, vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore.

nevadamedic
08-07-2007, 12:34 PM
This thing's been announced more times than Chinese Democracy. Come to think of it, GNR has a better shot at reuniting successfully than these guys.

I like Sammy better.

dan
08-07-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm actually not a VH fan, regardless of who's singing for them. I wouldn't pay $10 to see them.

Said1
08-07-2007, 04:58 PM
I was kinda, sorta interested until I saw David Lee Roth on the Soporanos. The icecream man he is not, more like an aging Beetlejuice....with blonde hair and better teeth *shudder*

I've seen them with Sammy Haggar, the opening act was better - Our Lady Peace. Gotta stick with the Canadians. :finger3:

dan
08-08-2007, 05:18 AM
I would definitely go see Our Lady Peace over Halen.

Said1
08-08-2007, 06:26 PM
I would definitely go see Our Lady Peace over Halen.

Today, I'd probably pass on both. Chantal and Raine can have each other and thier hemp house. :laugh2:

5stringJeff
08-10-2007, 06:27 PM
I'd definitely see them play. VH was all I listened to from age 7 to age 10.

Said1
09-01-2007, 02:13 PM
I'd definitely see them play. VH was all I listened to from age 7 to age 10.

That's funny. I can remember being PISSED about not being able to go see them in Calgary when I was about 12. Black Sabbath played a few months after them, total tantrum! :laugh2: