PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning a summer vacation?

gabosaurus
06-25-2017, 10:42 PM
My daughter and I are headed out to the Texas Hill Country this week so we can frolic at Schlitterbahn. Because what better place to beat the summer heat then a large water park? My best friend and my cousin are bringing their kids down from the Metroplex.
Gunny, if you live in the area, let me know. We will take our kids over to check out your lawn. :cool:

jimnyc
06-26-2017, 12:59 PM
I just want to go ANYWHERE. I don't need a vacation, just a new scenery for a week or so. I'm thinking SC and then Georgia and then Florida. But I'm not big on driving. I like to hit about the 6 hour point in a day and call it quits. Maybe I'll just take a slow trip. Either that, or hit up the Charleston, SC area where I know a bunch of people and friends. Even my bestest buddy hjmick is there!

hjmick
06-26-2017, 01:06 PM
Come on down my brother, I have no plans to go anywhere any time soon...

jimnyc
06-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Come on down my brother, I have no plans to go anywhere any time soon...

I'm debating it! I'd love to rent an RV, been wanting to do that for a few years now, but I imagine that would cost a fortune. I'm also gonna see if I can get my brother to go too. We shall see.

NightTrain
06-26-2017, 01:43 PM
I just want to go ANYWHERE. I don't need a vacation, just a new scenery for a week or so. I'm thinking SC and then Georgia and then Florida. But I'm not big on driving. I like to hit about the 6 hour point in a day and call it quits. Maybe I'll just take a slow trip. Either that, or hit up the Charleston, SC area where I know a bunch of people and friends. Even my bestest buddy @hjmick (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=208) is there!

Noob, get on an airplane to Anchorage before I punch you in the nose!

Sharon and I are taking off tomorrow to the cabin for a couple of weeks. Good times will be had.

jimnyc
06-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Noob, get on an airplane to Anchorage before I punch you in the nose!

Sharon and I are taking off tomorrow to the cabin for a couple of weeks. Good times will be had.

I seriously would love to my friend, and I hopefully will someday. It ain't cheap to fly to Alaska!! How long of a drive is it from NYC ya think? :laugh2:

Maybe when finances are better, my friend. But if I do come, we are doing a lot of fishing. And you must promise to give me a handgun or 2 to carry if within 500 yards of trees, to protect myself from hungry bears & hungry spiders!! Don't worry, I'm not trigger happy. :beer:

pete311
06-26-2017, 02:56 PM
I was just in Costa Rica for 10 days. I'm sure you missed me.

jimnyc
06-26-2017, 03:04 PM
I was just in Costa Rica for 10 days. I'm sure you missed me.

Who are you? Refresh my aging memory?

And if no pictures, it didn't happen.

Kathianne
06-26-2017, 03:42 PM
No summer travel, but back to Chicago in October for the youngest kid's wedding. Of course, if I get lucky and change jobs, it may just be a long weekend. ;)

Bilgerat
06-27-2017, 04:39 PM
Not this year, but next June we're going on an Alaskan Cruise with Carnival.

jimnyc
06-27-2017, 04:49 PM
I just want to go ANYWHERE. I don't need a vacation, just a new scenery for a week or so. I'm thinking SC and then Georgia and then Florida. But I'm not big on driving. I like to hit about the 6 hour point in a day and call it quits. Maybe I'll just take a slow trip. Either that, or hit up the Charleston, SC area where I know a bunch of people and friends. Even my bestest buddy hjmick is there!

Strike that!! Plans have changed, see Alaska thread! :2up::beer:

darin
06-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Normandy. Pointe du Hoc and Utah for sure. Will spend a full day.

Preparing for Normandy by watching this with my kids;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71bflWCtZFY

And Mont Saint Michel next weekend.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10104&d=1498646383