PDA

View Full Version : Seattle: To benefit Drivers, we'll make FREE parking into PAID parking

darin
06-28-2017, 12:46 AM
More evidence those who run the city of seattle are incompetent and malicious and borderline fascist. That city needs a revolution.

http://mynorthwest.com/675054/rantz-sdots-insulting-money-grab-lacks-creativity/

Last week, I told you about their decision to replace free parking with paid (http://mynorthwest.com/668314/rantz-seattle-to-profit-off-of-parking-nightmare-theyre-creating/) parking on a small side street in South Lake Union. Their reasoning, presented at the time, made little sense. They argued that there was so much demand, the only way they could truly and fairly accommodate people, is to charge you for the spots; it creates “reliable, convenient parking.” That way, the implication is, there would be more cars cycling in and out of the spots, making it a bit easier for folks driving to the area to eat at three restaurants or two local coffee shops near the spots.

Of course, there was already plenty of turnover for different drivers. I know this because I live nearby and saw it frequently.
But let’s just go with SDOT’s reasoning for the sake of pretending they’re being honest. Ah, we can’t go with their reasoning. SDOT lied. This wasn’t about opening up spots for different drivers.
The new paid parking has been installed (they’re very quick to tackle projects that hurt drivers) and it permit drivers to leave their cars in the spots for 10 hours.
Let me get this straight: the way to provide reliable and convenient parking on a street you tell us the demand is so high you need to install paid spots to limit the amount of time people can camp out in a spot … is to allow for 10-hour long occupancy where rates expire at 6pm? What a crock.

pete311
06-28-2017, 07:50 AM
wtf is up with you and revolution lately. Seattle and Canada are great places. Have you ever visited? Do you live in an underground bunker?

darin
06-28-2017, 08:00 AM
wtf is up with you and revolution lately. Seattle and Canada are great places. Have you ever visited? Do you live in an underground bunker?

I happen to love Freedom. Liberty. Those things above all else.

Haven't visited Seattle in awhile; lived there for 20 years. Visited Canada a lot. My friends hated their oppressive laws/taxes/government regulations. For the most part.

Because I'm compassionate I literally hate seeing folks subject to fascism and thought-police and anti-freedom legislation. They should not stand for it. Or leave.

pete311
06-28-2017, 08:15 AM
I happen to love Freedom. Liberty. Those things above all else.

Is it possible to have your desired level of freedom/liberty and still live in a complex world such as the one we live in? Would you not be better off living in a remote cabin in Alaska with NT?

darin
06-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Is it possible to have your desired level of freedom/liberty and still live in a complex world such as the one we live in? Would you not be better off living in a remote cabin in Alaska with NT?

People with my desire for Liberty and Freedom gave us the world we live in. Fascists and maybe well-meaning but seriously fucked-up/wrong Progressives and liberals are eroding what Good people fought to create.

pete311
06-28-2017, 10:08 AM
People with my desire for Liberty and Freedom gave us the world we live in. Fascists and maybe well-meaning but seriously fucked-up/wrong Progressives and liberals are eroding what Good people fought to create.

Yes but nothing stays the same. The world is not what it was 200+ years ago and was not the same 200+ year before that. Could 1776 America exist and be a superpower in today's world? Why do you see 1776 America as infallible, perfect and Godly, without need of any refinement? Were the founding fathers Gods? Should we remove all amendments?

darin
06-29-2017, 01:36 AM
Yes but nothing stays the same. The world is not what it was 200+ years ago and was not the same 200+ year before that. Could 1776 America exist and be a superpower in today's world? Why do you see 1776 America as infallible, perfect and Godly, without need of any refinement? Were the founding fathers Gods? Should we remove all amendments?

Why do yo think I view 1776 America as infallible?

I'm talking verbs, not nouns. The verbs behind our quest and war for independence ring true still today. The spirit that drove us from totalitarianism is dying as progressive colleges and 'higher' learning institutions churn out mentally retarded graduates without any concept or desire for freedom or liberty. Half our voting base (not counting the Democrats/Liberal voters who are in fact dead or felons) carry a pitiful view on what liberty and freedom actually mean. AND, more importantly, why those things matter.