PDA

View Full Version : Specter immigration alternative is a sham

red states rule
08-08-2007, 04:42 AM
When the hell will the RINO'sand the left get it? They are illegals!!!

Republicans pan Specter immigration alternative
By Ralph Z. Hallow
August 8, 2007

Some Republican leaders say they smell a rat in Pennsylvania Sen. Arlen Specter's compromise proposal to get an immigration-reform bill through the Senate this year.

Mr. Specter now suggests the 12 million illegal aliens he says are already here should be given the equivalent of "green card" status but "without the automatic path to citizenship" that critics labeled "amnesty.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich called the Specter proposal a form of congressional extortion.

"Specter is asserting that the Congress is blackmailing the American people," Mr. Gingrich said. "The Congress will not enforce current law and will not insist on employers obeying the law unless we give an unknown number of people legal status. This is amnesty by blackmail — after the American people vehemently rejected amnesty a month ago."

Texas Rep. Ron Paul, a candidate for the Republican nomination, said flatly he won't support the proposal.

"I fundamentally disagree with Senator Specter's premise that we need to legalize these people," Mr. Paul said. "That is the very thing we should not be doing."

Mr. Paul said that although "it may be marginally better to provide people here illegally with a green card instead of citizenship, this is simply a different type of incentive for those who enter illegally."

An immigration measure that would have granted legal status to millions of illegal aliens died last month in the Senate.

for the complete article

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070808/NATION/108080089/1001

PostmodernProphet
08-08-2007, 04:49 AM
I agree.....I want to deport everyone who violates the immigration laws.....farmers, contractors, landscapers, social workers, teachers, policemen, judges, congressmen.......

red states rule
08-08-2007, 04:50 AM
I agree.....I want to deport everyone who violates the immigration laws.....farmers, contractors, landscapers, social workers, teachers, policemen, judges, congressmen.......

The illegals are the ones who are breaking the law - some want to give them a pass and blame someone else

PostmodernProphet
08-08-2007, 04:52 AM
this is simply a different type of incentive for those who enter illegally

if one could obtain a green card to work in the US and enter legally, there would be no incentive to enter illegally....

red states rule
08-08-2007, 04:54 AM
if one could obtain a green card to work in the US and enter legally, there would be no incentive to enter illegally....

Currently the governemt cannot keep track of the ones already here - so why let more in

PostmodernProphet
08-08-2007, 06:24 AM
so set up a method of keeping track.....we certainly need that anyway, for people who enter legally....

red states rule
08-08-2007, 06:25 AM
so set up a method of keeping track.....we certainly need that anyway, for people who enter legally....

That is part of the problem, The US government can't even fill requests for US passports for legal citizens - let alone keep tabs on the illegals

PostmodernProphet
08-08-2007, 06:26 AM
That is part of the problem

yes it is....so let's solve it....not use it as an excuse....

red states rule
08-08-2007, 06:28 AM
yes it is....so let's solve it....not use it as an excuse....

But we can't, at the same time, add more people to keep track of