PDA

View Full Version : Trump tweets shocking assault on Brzezinski, Scarborough

jimnyc
06-29-2017, 01:35 PM
Let me start with... it's certainly not presidential. It was downright mean. It's a waste of time. It's not the things we want to see on Twitter from our president. No excuses as far as those angles are concerned.

But I've also seen a ton of whacked shit come from both of these knuckleheads while on the air. The both have lied, or at the very least have went forward with incorrect information, and many more times than once. Quite frankly, I find them to be petty little whiners.

Bottom line: I'd rather see Trump accomplishing things than fighting. But at the same time, I'm glad to finally see someone stand up for the bullshit we see from the liberal MSM. If he wants to speak out against them, just do so in a more dignified fashion, even if it's still not nice and still not presidential.

---

Trump tweets shocking assault on Brzezinski, Scarborough

Even by President Trump's standards, these tweets were shocking.

On Thursday morning, while MSNBC's "Morning Joe" was on the air, Trump posted a pair of hateful tweets about co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski.

MSNBC responded with this statement: "It's a sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying, lying and spewing petty personal attacks instead of doing his job."

The president's deputy press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, defended the tweets by saying Trump was responding to the "outrageous attacks that take place" on "Morning Joe" and other shows.

Trump refuses to be "bullied," Sanders said on Fox News. "This is a president who fights fire with fire."

Trump's tweets in the 8 a.m. hour on Thursday said that "Morning Joe" is "poorly rated" (it's not) and that the hosts "speak badly of me" (that's true). He called both hosts disparaging names.

Rest here - http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/29/media/mika-brzezinski-donald-trump-tweet/index.html

pete311
06-29-2017, 01:52 PM
Even for Trump this was really low brow no matter the target. He has so much on his plate, how he finds the time for these petty battles amazes me. In the end, he won't stop. People have been demanding he stop Twitter and petty battles since his campaigning.

jimnyc
06-29-2017, 02:12 PM
Even for Trump this was really low brow no matter the target. He has so much on his plate, how he finds the time for these petty battles amazes me. In the end, he won't stop. People have been demanding he stop Twitter and petty battles since his campaigning.

Not a compliment to him, but the reason he finds time is that they say he's a workaholic. First one to the office and last one to leave, and then doesn't sleep much. Maybe he needs the all important sleep now. :)

I don't have an issue with him responding to 2 knuckleheads like this, and having a podium to reply to the media when he might not otherwise be able to. But simply taking one minute before he hits the submit button to ponder it wouldn't help. Attacking in return is cool with me, it just matters what the ammo is.

Black Diamond
06-29-2017, 02:24 PM
The attention was off the president for a few days.

hjmick
06-29-2017, 04:52 PM
Let me start with... it's certainly not presidential. It was downright mean. It's a waste of time. It's not the things we want to see on Twitter from our president. No excuses as far as those angles are concerned.

But I've also seen a ton of whacked shit come from both of these knuckleheads while on the air. The both have lied, or at the very least have went forward with incorrect information, and many more times than once. Quite frankly, I find them to be petty little whiners.

Bottom line: I'd rather see Trump accomplishing things than fighting. But at the same time, I'm glad to finally see someone stand up for the bullshit we see from the liberal MSM. If he wants to speak out against them, just do so in a more dignified fashion, even if it's still not nice and still not presidential.

---

Trump tweets shocking assault on Brzezinski, Scarborough

Even by President Trump's standards, these tweets were shocking.

On Thursday morning, while MSNBC's "Morning Joe" was on the air, Trump posted a pair of hateful tweets about co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski.

MSNBC responded with this statement: "It's a sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying, lying and spewing petty personal attacks instead of doing his job."

The president's deputy press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, defended the tweets by saying Trump was responding to the "outrageous attacks that take place" on "Morning Joe" and other shows.

Trump refuses to be "bullied," Sanders said on Fox News. "This is a president who fights fire with fire."

Trump's tweets in the 8 a.m. hour on Thursday said that "Morning Joe" is "poorly rated" (it's not) and that the hosts "speak badly of me" (that's true). He called both hosts disparaging names.

Rest here - http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/29/media/mika-brzezinski-donald-trump-tweet/index.html

I don't give a flying rhinoceros shit to whom he is replying, he need to knock this shit off. This isn't an issue of his "standing up to the MSM". This an issue of his over inflated ego being bruised, his feelings getting hurt. He is an adult, he is the President, it's high time he started acting like it, ego be damned. His ego and arrogance are not endearing, they will be his undoing. Let's face it, people are going to say crappy things about him, just as they have done with every President before him, and he needs to just fucking ignore them. Put down the smartphone, shut down the Twitter, and get started running the country. he needs to stop lashing out out every slight, real or perceived, quit running for re-election (just six months after taking office mind you) on the same lip service he ran during his campaign and try to actually fulfill some of his lofty promises.

Christ, somebody just shut him up...

jimnyc
06-29-2017, 04:55 PM
I don't give a flying rhinoceros shit to whom he is replying, he need to knock this shit off. This isn't an issue of his "standing up to the MSM". This an issue of his over inflated ego being bruised, his feelings getting hurt. He is an adult, he is the President, it's high time he started acting like it, ego be damned. His ego and arrogance are not endearing, they will be his undoing. Let's face it, people are going to say crappy things about him, just as they have done with every President before him, and he needs to just fucking ignore them. Put town the smartphone, shut down the Twitter, and get started running the country. he needs to stop lashing out out every slight, real or perceived, quit running for re-election (just six months after taking office mind you) on the same lip service he ran during his campaign and try to actually fulfill some of his lofty promises.

Christ, somebody just shut him up...

No argument from me! Well stated. :)

but he has fulfilled some of his promises

Kathianne
06-29-2017, 06:31 PM
I totally agree with Mick, though I doubt that the words will be heeded. I so expect the behavior, I don't think it's 'hitting back 10X harder or returning a fight for a fight,' I think it's proof the man has a problem. What set him off so bad? Teeny hands. Crap, if he didn't get over that back when, no hope.

BTW, I also think the two idiots he went after are no better, but as pointed out, they are not president.

Abbey Marie
06-29-2017, 10:30 PM
I truly, truly, think I belong in a different time.

darin
06-30-2017, 12:11 AM
"Passive Aggression is the universal currency of the Left. Nothing is more empowering than victim hood. "

Watch the opening monologue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lhW7SjZ-KQ