PDA

View Full Version : Another promise on way to being kept

jimnyc
06-30-2017, 02:50 PM
While the MSM spent yesterday ignoring news that affects the country, and more interested in Twitter, they barely mentioned that "Kate's Law" passed in the house yesterday, 257-157. AND they are readying up to remove funding from sanctuary cities. Of course, now the Democrats will fight against illegals that keep coming back, and fight to help illegals and worse stay in sanctuary cities. Hating Trump is more important.

---

Finally, common sense on immigration: Kate's Law passed by House of Representatives

Two bills were passed by the House of Representatives on Thursday that will help make the country safer for United States citizens. One of these bills, that was long overdue, was the passing of Kate's Law. Last year public outcry, as well as pressure from Bill O'Reilly, pushed for the passage of Kate's law, but a previous version of the law was blocked by Senate Democrats.

Kate's Law will increase penalties for deported aliens who try to return to the U.S. after being previously deported. The bill passed by a vote of 257 to 157, with one Republican voting no and 24 Democrats voting yes.

The senseless murder of Kate Steinle put the issue of previously-deported illegal aliens who repeatedly commit crimes into the national spotlight. Alleged shooter Juan Francisco Lopez-Sanchez had been deported five times and had seven felony convictions. The story of Kate's shooting and that of her murderer can be found in an article previously published by OpsLens.

The House also passed a bill to pull federal funding for certain programs away from "Sanctuary Cities." Named as the "No Sanctuary for Criminals Act," the bill would cut federal grants to states and "Sanctuary Cities" that refuse to cooperate with law enforcement carrying out immigration enforcement activities.

This win is only half the battle. Both bills will face substantial opposition in the Senate from the Democratic side of the aisle who successfully blocked Kate's Law last year. The Senate Republicans will need all their members and at least eight Democrats to vote with them to assure Kate's Law as well as the No Sanctuary Law will pass. It will be a steep hill to climb.

Rest here - http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/finally-common-sense-on-immigration-kates-law-passed-by-house-of-representatives/article/2627575

Kathianne
06-30-2017, 03:08 PM
I'm sorry, but who was it that started the Tweeting? Who took the attention not only away from the immigration bills, but from his own important address on energy?

Can't really blame the press on this one. What's his problem with women and 'bleeding?'

Black Diamond
06-30-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry, but who was it that started the Tweeting? Who took the attention not only away from the immigration bills, but from his own important address on energy?

Can't really blame the press on this one. What's his problem with women and 'bleeding?'
I am Gary Johnson and I approve of this quoted message.

Kathianne
06-30-2017, 03:17 PM
I am Gary Johnson and I approve of this quoted message.

Wow, you really have little to say.

BTW, it was Jim that brought up the media's focus on tweeting.

Black Diamond
06-30-2017, 03:19 PM

Do I?

Kathianne
06-30-2017, 03:21 PM
Honestly, as I've said from the beginning of this campaign, election, and his now 6 months in; while I don't like the man, I'd like him to succeed for the good of the country. There are many stands he's taken, (though often changing his mind later), that I agree with. What I don't get is his seemingly inability not to blow up any successes, by the tweeting.

It's crazy. He gets the House to pass a healthcare bill, makes a big show of how 'great' it is. As it moves onto the Senate, he tweets how "mean" it is. That begins the narrative words of the Senate Democrats and former President Obama.

McConnell is trying to herd cats in the Senate, Trump tweets that it's 'not a problem if the bill isn't passed this week.'

What is the desire for taking the focus off the message?

jimnyc
06-30-2017, 03:42 PM

Quite frankly, I think issues that affect are nation are more important than a tweet. It's possible to spend a few seconds on a "tweet" and then actually discuss nationwide news. That's nothing to do with Trump at all, and news agencies lack of reporting, or prioritizing the news.

I had ZERO issue keeping up with both these stories AND much more. I highly doubt it's somehow Trump's fault that they can't tell the news.

And the bleeding is just that - she was bleeding from where she had cosmetic surgery. I don't think that's a "problem", but rather a harsh truth.

jimnyc
06-30-2017, 03:44 PM

BTW, it was Jim that brought up the media's focus on tweeting.

Yes, their LACK of telling the news, and then shifting it and ignoring massive news. Just like the rest of his MANY promises kept already and his MANY accomplishments.

jimnyc
06-30-2017, 03:47 PM
Honestly, as I've said from the beginning of this campaign, election, and his now 6 months in; while I don't like the man, I'd like him to succeed for the good of the country. There are many stands he's taken, (though often changing his mind later), that I agree with. What I don't get is his seemingly inability not to blow up any successes, by the tweeting.

It's crazy. He gets the House to pass a healthcare bill, makes a big show of how 'great' it is. As it moves onto the Senate, he tweets how "mean" it is. That begins the narrative words of the Senate Democrats and former President Obama.

McConnell is trying to herd cats in the Senate, Trump tweets that it's 'not a problem if the bill isn't passed this week.'

What is the desire for taking the focus off the message?

And now the healthcare saga is his fault? :rolleyes:

Kathianne
06-30-2017, 04:03 PM
And now the healthcare saga is his fault? :rolleyes:

Not what I said or even implied. Lack of focus, self destruction.

jimnyc
06-30-2017, 04:45 PM
Not what I said or even implied. Lack of focus, self destruction.

My bad, I read too quickly. :(

I think his focus is fine, hence the accomplishments/promises I always point out. And literally endless amounts of Obama regulations removed and other regulation. I agree with the self destruction to an extent, as I said from day one he needed to toss twitter, or at least hire someone to post for him. He makes himself look stupid quite too often on there. I still think it's a fantastic way of getting beyond the press, or reply about the press and agendas or any of the things that we otherwise wouldn't see in the news. But dang, it's not hard to write things in a much more professional manner. Tell a desk jockey what he kinda wants posted, and let that person write it for him. I'll never understand his fascination with twitter anyway.