PDA

View Full Version : LOOK: Colin Kaepernick, in Ghana, tweets about finding his independence on July 4

Neo
07-05-2017, 04:02 AM
LOOK: Colin Kaepernick, in Ghana, tweets about finding his independence on July 4

Colin Kaepernick (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1130583/colin-kaepernick) took to social media July 4 to explain why he took a recent trip to Ghana to find his own independence. His Twitter post features a video of his journey, while an Instagram post featuring the same video included a this message from Kaepernick, starting with a quote from Frederick Douglass.

"What have I, or those I represent, to do with your national independence?" - Frederick Douglass. In a quest to find my personal independence, I had to find out where my ancestors came from. I set out tracing my African ancestral roots, and it lead me to Ghana. Upon finding out this information, I wanted to visit the sites responsible for myself (and many other Black folks in the African Diaspora) for being forced into the hells of the middle passage. I wanted to see a fraction of what they saw before reaching the point of no return. I spent time with the/my Ghanaian people, from visiting the local hospital in Keta and the village of Atito, to eating banku in the homes of local friends, and paying my respects to Kwame Nkrumah's Memorial Park. I felt their love, and truly I hope that they felt mine in return.

Rest here: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-colin-kaepernick-in-ghana-tweets-about-finding-his-independence-on-july-4/

THIS guys cheese has slipped off his cracker. He's a malcontent.
Fugem! :nudie:

darin
07-05-2017, 04:18 AM
He is nuttier than a fruitcake but I like seeing his chartable work.

Abbey Marie
07-05-2017, 11:14 AM
I suspect he will become ever more militant, as he is angry and jobless.

As someone currently immersed in genealogy, I get that it is sad for the people who cannot find their ancestors.

But I am so sick of people dividing this country by race. And not appreciating the FREE COUNTRY THEY LIVE IN NOW.

Russ
07-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Here's a related story. Damon Wayans, Jr tweeted yesterday “Happy white people proud of their racist ancestors day". Lousy sentiment to be having on July 4th, and in my opinion a racist thing to be saying. This is Damon Wayans Junior, btw, not the guy from In Living Color, and currently in Lethal Weapon, who is Damon Sr.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/07/05/damon-wayans-jr-defends-july-fourth-tweet-about-racist-ancestors-jokes-arent-illegal.html[/URL]

Russ
07-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Colin Kaepernick (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/1130583/colin-kaepernick) took to social media July 4 to explain why he took a recent trip to Ghana to find his own independence.

Next Colin should explain to us all how he found his own independence from an NFL roster, and from a high paying job, just by being an anti-American twit. If he never comes back from Ghana, my guess is that no one here will miss him.

Black Diamond
07-05-2017, 11:37 AM
Next Colin should explain to us all how he found his own independence from an NFL roster, and from a high paying job, just by being an anti-American twit. If he never comes back from Ghana, my guess is that no one here will miss him.
Oh there's plenty of folks with white guilt who miss him. Liberal millennials are demanding he be given a contract.

pete311
07-05-2017, 11:59 AM
But I am so sick of people dividing this country by race.

You're talking about whites right? Grab a history book. See who did the dividing and the consequences it had for today. You can't look at today in a vacuum.

Russ
07-05-2017, 02:23 PM
You're talking about whites right? Grab a history book. See who did the dividing and the consequences it had for today. You can't look at today in a vacuum.

How about you grab a history book, Pete311? You'll find that your ancestors all did things that people today can look down upon. Everyone's ancestors did things the some people today will look down upon. Should everyone today feel guilty about things that might or might not have been done by their ancestors from 100 years ago, 500 years ago, or 1000 years ago? That is a ridiculous idea and isn't even worth debating about.

Black Diamond
07-05-2017, 02:43 PM
How about you grab a history book, Pete311? You'll find that your ancestors all did things that people today can look down upon. Everyone's ancestors did things the some people today will look down upon. Should everyone today feel guilty about things that might or might not have been done by their ancestors from 100 years ago, 500 years ago, or 1000 years ago? That is a ridiculous idea and isn't even worth debating about.
Race pimps.....

Abbey Marie
07-05-2017, 05:12 PM

When you get up to date on this country, you can opine.

pete311
07-05-2017, 05:28 PM
When you get up to date on this country, you can opine.

Up to date? Like "progress"ive? :laugh:

Neo
07-05-2017, 06:13 PM
You know Lil' petey...people like you should be shot. Your death death certificate could read, "Late term abortion", just so it's PC. :laugh::clap:

pete311
07-05-2017, 09:37 PM
You know Lil' petey...people like you should be shot. Your death death certificate could read, "Late term abortion", just so it's PC. :laugh::clap:

The smell of desperation. Nothing to add but a death threat. Stay classy. 'merica

Gunny
07-05-2017, 09:48 PM
The smell of desperation. Nothing to add but a death threat. Stay classy. 'mericaWhen you get back to Russ and everyone after his response, with YOUR responses besides misconstruing a questionably tasteless remark with a threat, feel free.

In the meantime, you can figure out and explain just what color those folks were in Africa selling other tribes as a slaves to white slave traders .... I don't think anyone went there shopping without someone having built a store ....

darin
07-06-2017, 12:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1_uHBdlkI

Watch. Listen. Learn something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TU50Bz3Ey0

Pretty much...

pete311
07-06-2017, 08:10 AM
Pretty much what I'd expect from a random dude ranting BS straw man statistics from a green screen. Seriously. Read a book on the subject. Fucking youtube generation.

Black Diamond
07-06-2017, 08:34 AM
Pretty much what I'd expect from a random dude ranting BS straw man statistics from a green screen. Seriously. Read a book on the subject. Fucking youtube generation.
How come you're so cranky. I thought you were enjoying the sunshine. :laugh:

pete311
07-06-2017, 08:40 AM
How come you're so cranky. I thought you were enjoying the sunshine. :laugh:

oh I am, just bought more plants for the garden today! However, low 90s and full sun is too hot to plant :D

Abbey Marie
07-06-2017, 10:03 AM

Serious question Pete: Why do you Libs curse so much? And for that matter, why do your women dress as genitals, and gays parade in outfits and props that would make a whore blush?

pete311
07-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Serious question Pete: Why do you Libs curse so much? And for that matter, why do your women dress as genitals, and gays parade in outfits and props that would make a whore blush?

Generalize much? I don't know, why don't you ask them. Don't know anyone that is gay?

Abbey Marie
07-06-2017, 01:31 PM
Generalize much? I don't know, why don't you ask them. Don't know anyone that is gay?

Deflect much?

Just my first cousin who left his wife and two kids to pursue a gay lifestyle in San Fran. And died of AIDS not long after.

And once again, you didn't answer my question.

pete311
07-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Deflect much?

Just my first cousin who left his wife and two kids to pursue a gay lifestyle in San Fran. And died of AIDS not long after.

I don't represent all "libs". I don't dress up as a genital nor participate in gay parades, so sorry, can't help you.

Black Diamond
07-06-2017, 03:29 PM
I don't represent all "libs". I don't dress up as a genital nor participate in gay parades, so sorry, can't help you.
I can't decide which of those is worse.

Black Diamond
07-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Deflect much?

Public bath houses ?