PDA

View Full Version : DOJ: Hobby Lobby smuggles Iraqi antiquities

pete311
07-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Strong Christian values!

Hobby Lobby To Forfeit Smuggled Iraqi Antiquities
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/05/535698988/hobby-lobby-to-forfeit-smuggled-iraqi-antiquities

Gunny
07-05-2017, 09:41 PM
Strong Christian values!

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/05/535698988/hobby-lobby-to-forfeit-smuggled-iraqi-antiquitiesOdd, I must have missed those "Christina values" being mentioned in the article.

What I DID see is the government once again with its hands in someone else's pockets. Is there ANYTHING left we can do that we aren't monitored and taxed on? And THAT is the REAL rub. Uncle Sugar wants his cut.

pete311
07-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Odd, I must have missed those "Christina values" being mentioned in the article.

What I DID see is the government once again with its hands in someone else's pockets. Is there ANYTHING left we can do that we aren't monitored and taxed on? And THAT is the REAL rub. Uncle Sugar wants his cut.

lol maybe because it's illegal to smuggle another countries artifacts. Then again you don't care for ethics or the law.

Gunny
07-05-2017, 09:49 PM
lol maybe because it's illegal to smuggle another countries artifacts. Then again you don't care for ethics or the law.So's illegal immigrants and inciting violence by BLM, but neither appear to bother you.

A place that sells plastic model kits does ...

pete311
07-05-2017, 10:03 PM
So's illegal immigrants and inciting violence by BLM, but neither appear to bother you.

A place that sells plastic model kits does ...

Nice deflection

darin
07-06-2017, 01:08 AM
OMFG!!! A company owned by CHRISTIANS made a (Gasp!) Mistake while importing stuff! KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!

Meanwhile...

Liberal and progressive policies send countless thousands to early graves; incite violence against property owners; and keep people impoverished; and when the statistics and analysis don't go their way, they keep "studying" until they get the results they want.

(insert cricket sounds)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
07-06-2017, 05:33 AM
lol maybe because it's illegal to smuggle another countries artifacts. Then again you don't care for ethics or the law.

Then again you don't care for ethics or the law.

^^^^^ Said as you ignore his entire military career, which disproves your false accusation in spades...
Our military defends this nation and that certainly includes its laws..--Tyr

pete311
07-06-2017, 08:12 AM
OMFG!!! A company owned by CHRISTIANS made a (Gasp!) Mistake while importing stuff! KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!

Meanwhile...

Liberal and progressive policies send countless thousands to early graves; incite violence against property owners; and keep people impoverished; and when the statistics and analysis don't go their way, they keep "studying" until they get the results they want.

(insert cricket sounds)

Smuggling is not a mistake. Nice try. Funny how you react to non news that doesn't reinforce your agenda. Now you know how I feel every day here.

Gunny
07-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Nice deflectionSpeaking of, still waiting on a response to your "Christian values" comment. The one you just ignored. Total red herring tossed in for no reason.

pete311
07-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Speaking of, still waiting on a response to your "Christian values" comment. The one you just ignored. Total red herring tossed in for no reason.

The president is widely known as a devote Christian. He's building a Christian museum. Likely why he smuggled the artifacts. Wonder what Jesus would have thought.

aboutime
07-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Strong Christian values!

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/05/535698988/hobby-lobby-to-forfeit-smuggled-iraqi-antiquities

Poor petey...guess you didn't want to mention how the Democrat party who claims to hate WALL STREET, takes millions in trade for Stolen American Tax Dollars. Not to mention all of the SUPER RICH Democrat members of Congress...like MAXIPAD WATERS, who lies to BLACK People in California, while she lives in a multi-million dollar mansion?

You wouldn't be trying to DISTRACT attention about Dems, while blaming Christians...would you petey weenie???

Gunny
07-07-2017, 07:57 PM
The president is widely known as a devote Christian. He's building a Christian museum. Likely why he smuggled the artifacts. Wonder what Jesus would have thought.Wow. Assume much?

aboutime
07-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Wow. Assume much?

Gunny. I now consider every post from petey,s to be his daily contribution to the COMEDY thread, under DUMBEST posts.

Black Diamond
07-07-2017, 09:57 PM
The president is widely known as a devote Christian. He's building a Christian museum. Likely why he smuggled the artifacts. Wonder what Jesus would have thought.
God using him =/= trump being a Christian.

And btw. Homosexuality is an abomination.

pete311
07-08-2017, 07:41 AM
President of the company people, jeez

Abbey Marie
07-08-2017, 09:23 AM
Glad they were out of Iraq before they could have been destroyed by angry Muslims.

pete311
07-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Glad they were out of Iraq before they could have been destroyed by angry Muslims.

nice rationalization of a crime. but her emails.

Abbey Marie
07-08-2017, 01:40 PM
nice rationalization of a crime. but her emails.

Pete, do you work at Deflections-R-Us?

pete311
07-08-2017, 03:40 PM
Pete, do you work at Deflections-R-Us?

Keep condoning the crime.

Gunny
07-08-2017, 06:25 PM
Keep condoning the crime.Who has condoned the crime? This is a message board. You are just as able and welcome to post your opinions as anyone else. Once posted, you are held acountable for your words. As Abs pointed out, when directly questioned on said words you deflect.

You expect some miracle perfect debate when you can't even back your own arguments nor face those who question them. Then wonder why some just don't bother wasting time on a legit response.

Can't have your cake and eat it too, Pete. At least when I act like a pr*ck I don't start hemming and hawing when someone calls me one. That should probably be arrogant pr*ck:thinking5:

pete311
07-08-2017, 06:39 PM
Who has condoned the crime?

Post #16

Gunny
07-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Post #16Like it or not, she has a VERY valid point. ISIS has destroyed a LOT of history/historical landmarks we will NEVER see again. I doubt they were bought out of the goodness of anyone's heart for that reason.

Same time, explain what exactly a "historical artifact" is and why the government gets to tell people whether or not they can possess them. According to Dis, I am a historical artifact. As previously stated, it's just an excuse for the government to control people and steal their money.

For your part, my previous other comments stand as well. You don't seem to worry about things that are illegal that cause major damage to this country; yet, you worry about something as trivial as art theft.

Further, you tossed Christian values into the fray when the OP says absolutely nothing about it. You don't seem real worried nor outspoken about abortion, illegal immigration, giving Rights to fruitloop fringe organizations the MSM gives air time to, et al. The list goes on. One can only surmise someone stole your lucky rabbit's foot or something at some point.

aboutime
07-08-2017, 07:11 PM
President of the company people, jeez

petey.....try looking at it this way...not that you will, or it will matter. But put yourself in her place for a second. Suppose you had really valuable property that included family cherished, priceless, impossible to replace documents, art work, photo's, and records in your home; then someone like ISIS breaks into your home to either steal all of your possessions, or they burn it all...right in your home.

Wouldn't you be wishing you had a neighbor who managed to remove all of your valuables BEFORE ISIS broke in?

Not a hard question...or, maybe it will be for you.

darin
07-10-2017, 03:11 PM
Smuggling is not a mistake. Nice try. Funny how you react to non news that doesn't reinforce your agenda. Now you know how I feel every day here.

Its pathetic how improper labeling becomes smuggling in your warped mind. You hateful christophobic dick.

pete311
07-10-2017, 05:43 PM
Its pathetic how improper labeling becomes smuggling in your warped mind. You hateful christophobic dick.

The DOJ does not bring a massive lawsuit for "improper labeling" you moron. This is Trump's DOJ remember. THEY are making the claims, not me! Read it below!
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/united-states-files-civil-action-forfeit-thousands-ancient-iraqi-artifacts-imported

darin
07-11-2017, 12:35 AM
The DOJ does not bring a massive lawsuit for "improper labeling" you moron. This is Trump's DOJ remember. THEY are making the claims, not me! Read it below!
https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/united-states-files-civil-action-forfeit-thousands-ancient-iraqi-artifacts-imported

So you're dumb. I get it. You're dumb here for two reasons. First you bring Trump into this. Secondly you take improperly labelled tiles that carried some risk - as the HL attorney warned them - are being returned and the company is paying massive fine and no criminal charges are brought and you're calling this a scandal. Because the system worked and the improperly sourced/labelled/whatever stone or clay tablets are not being kept after the wrong-doing was found-out.

You have to wake up pretty early to put that much effort into hate and intolerance. You must be exhausted.

pete311
07-11-2017, 07:45 AM
So you're dumb. I get it. You're dumb here for two reasons. First you bring Trump into this. Secondly you take improperly labelled tiles that carried some risk - as the HL attorney warned them - are being returned and the company is paying massive fine and no criminal charges are brought and you're calling this a scandal. Because the system worked and the improperly sourced/labelled/whatever stone or clay tablets are not being kept after the wrong-doing was found-out.

You have to wake up pretty early to put that much effort into hate and intolerance. You must be exhausted.

The lawsuit uses the word "smuggled". Stop ignoring that. I never used the word scandal. Innocent parties don't pay fines. Your mental defense mechanism gymnastics must be exhausting.

darin
07-11-2017, 08:01 AM
The lawsuit uses the word "smuggled". Stop ignoring that. I never used the word scandal. Innocent parties don't pay fines. Your mental defense mechanism gymnastics must be exhausting.

By tying their alleged smuggling to their faith you create 'scandal'. As if they purposely hid shit. Instead of just doing stuff wrong. Intent. And you can't prove intent. Just like I can't PROVE you are an intolerant jerk to people of faith - and a hypocrite through the faith YOU talk about in your 'life just magically happened' theories.

And yes. The mental defense mechanism gymnastics I do are exhausting. But that's what GOOD people have to do in defense of lies and spin of you and your ilk.

One thing I need to do is this - I need to back off how I went pretty quick to name calling. I don't know you in real life and for me to just assume you're a dick is unfair. Quite frankly, there's every chance you're a good guy. I shouldn't have taken that tone. I apologize.

pete311
07-11-2017, 08:29 AM
By tying their alleged smuggling to their faith you create 'scandal'.

True

As if they purposely hid shit. Instead of just doing stuff wrong.

If it were a few, or dozens or even hundreds of boxes, maybe, not thousands. Thousands is intent.

Intent. And you can't prove intent. Just like I can't PROVE you are an intolerant jerk to people of faith - and a hypocrite through the faith YOU talk about in your 'life just magically happened' theories.

My wife is Lutheran and we go to church a few times a month, but in general I am a jerk to those in faith :D. I don't believe in 'life just magically happened' theories.

One thing I need to do is this - I need to back off how I went pretty quick to name calling. I don't know you in real life and for me to just assume you're a dick is unfair. Quite frankly, there's every chance you're a good guy. I shouldn't have taken that tone. I apologize.

Likewise. I hope you have a great day!

darin
07-11-2017, 09:21 AM
If a place says "hey import-people - get us some shit..." and their attorney says "careful, some of the shit you get won't be legal" and the company says "Understood -but we trust the import-people. I think we'll be good" - actus reus NOT imply Mens rea.

I don't believe in 'life just magically happened' theories.

But you believe in macro-evolution...where things can just magically become something else...that's what I mean.

Wife? Like...a woman? wonders never cease :)

:D

pete311
07-11-2017, 11:42 AM
If a place says "hey import-people - get us some shit..." and their attorney says "careful, some of the shit you get won't be legal" and the company says "Understood -but we trust the import-people. I think we'll be good" - actus reus NOT imply Mens rea.

But you believe in macro-evolution...where things can just magically become something else...that's what I mean.

Wife? Like...a woman? wonders never cease :)

:D

A meaningless assumption. Read a textbook on modern evolution. Yes, a women (not transgender! :D), she is the saint, I am the sinner.