PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife Shows

Gunny
07-10-2017, 04:15 PM
How come it is these wildlife shows seem to revel in showing animals getting killed? I realize it's nature and all that, but it just seems they spend an inordinate amount of attention on predators making a kill. It's like that just can't show the animals being stupid and/or quirky without showing their main predator and how they meet their end.

Abbey Marie
07-10-2017, 10:42 PM
I totally agree. They are fascinating in their behaviors without seeing the gore.

darin
07-11-2017, 12:28 AM
they make the shows to sell not to educate. Networks buy shows people will watch. People like violence. :(

Abbey Marie
07-11-2017, 10:22 AM
they make the shows to sell not to educate. Networks buy shows people will watch. People like violence. :(

Compassion in society is disappearing.

Gunny
07-11-2017, 02:10 PM
I totally agree. They are fascinating in their behaviors without seeing the gore.I'm by no means squeamish it just seems pointless to me. When I noticed it was when my soon-to-be 5 years old granddaughter walked in the room in time for an alligator to nab a zebra. I thought the shows were supposed to be educational, not traumatizing for toddlers.

Frankly, there's not much on tv appropriate for kids IMO.

Gunny
07-11-2017, 02:14 PM
they make the shows to sell not to educate. Networks buy shows people will watch. People like violence. :(Truw. We are completely desensitized to violence among other things. Different story when they are confronted with it in reality.

I like the trader rats. Steal your stuff and replace it with some crap the rat deems appropriate. :laugh:

darin
07-13-2017, 03:32 AM
Frankly, there's not much on tv appropriate for kids IMO.

Better wildlife shows showing predators eating than what we see on the Disney Channel - disrespectful little shits, bumbling incompetent parents...especially-foolish and non-value-added Fathers.