PDA

View Full Version : OJ granted parole

jimnyc
07-20-2017, 02:38 PM
9 years for his crime and he'll probably be out in a month or two. Considering the crime in this instance, and if lady liberty were to truly be blind, he would have been out a LONG time ago, probably sentenced for a lot less. But karma can be a bitch.

So will he stay out? Screw up his parole? Go on to make money? I would imagine his NFL retirement has been piling up.

If smart, he gets out, gets a place with privacy and disappears for a bit.

pete311
07-20-2017, 03:28 PM
If smart, he gets out, gets a place with privacy and disappears for a bit.

Not the OJ way. He'll be back in or dead. 9 years is better than nothing, but he should have stayed for life for murder.

hjmick
07-20-2017, 03:57 PM
Time to restart the search for the real killer...

jimnyc
07-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Not the OJ way. He'll be back in or dead. 9 years is better than nothing, but he should have stayed for life for murder.

Well, that's why I pointed out the blindness of Lady Liberty. If done appropriately, believe it or not, and why I could never be in law in any capacity, they were supposed to be blind to many aspects of the other case. I believe he actually got a longer sentence based on his prior trial of not guilty. And then that's where the karma played a part!

If he hasn't learned his lesson, learned how to completely avoid trouble, then he'll deserve to be back inside. Hell, if I were him, and someone bought signed footballs and photos, totaling like $1 million dollars, and they run - you LET them run!!

jimnyc
07-20-2017, 04:02 PM

One of the dumbest statements ever made. For every day that came and went, that he wasn't out there doing something, anything, each passing day was making him appear more and more guilty.

NightTrain
07-20-2017, 04:06 PM

Beat me to it!

I think everyone knows that the NV Judge nailed him harshly to compensate his escape from justice via the stupid LA jury. Still, 9 years is something instead of going scott free.

hjmick
07-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Beat me to it!

I think everyone knows that the NV Judge nailed him harshly to compensate his escape from justice via the stupid LA jury. Still, 9 years is something instead of going scott free.

I tend to agree about the sentence he received in the Nevada case. Though some think it was because he was Black and got away with killing Ron and Nicole, I discount the Black portion of the argument.

Having sat on jury that found a young man not guilty for a crime we're pretty sure he committed, I'm going to say that O.J.'s escape from just for the killings falls mostly on the shoulders of Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden, not so much the jury. In the case I sat on, the prosecutor did not prove his case. Based on the law and the instructions from the judge, we had no choice.

Now, this opinion comes from my experience serving on juries, some reading on the case, and having lived in SoCal during the circus that was his trial.

aboutime
07-20-2017, 10:29 PM

No need to restart any search. The real killer has been in jail for 9 years, and most Americans know he got off easy.
But...since he is 70. TURNABOUT IS FAIR PLAY. What goes around, comes around.

Somebody will help OJ finally get exposed.

Abbey Marie
07-21-2017, 10:46 AM
We can continue his punishment by ignoring him.

Btw, has he been removed from the Football Hall of Fame (assuming he was ever in there)?

jimnyc
07-21-2017, 11:08 AM
We can continue his punishment by ignoring him.

Btw, has he been removed from the Football Hall of Fame (assuming he was ever in there)?

He's in there, and never removed. Their stance is that ONLY on field efforts determine if someone gets into the HOF. They state that not even character issues will deter someone from getting in. So it apparently would take a LOT to have someone removed.