PDA

View Full Version : Getting On Message

Kathianne
07-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Last week, in case you missed it, the theme of the week was supposed to be "Made In The USA." I noted at the time the commissioning of the USS Gerald R Ford and the really good speech Trump gave at the event. Unfortunately most of the news coverage that day was on his tweets regarding pardons.

I haven't heard what the theme this week is, but I did hear that Manafort has been subpoenaed by the Senate Judiciary Committee and that Sessions, Priebus, McMasters, are all on the hot seat. Oh and pardons and the power are still in the news.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how the blame all falls on Congress when this continues week, after week, after week.

A new press office leader cannot fix what seems to be ailing this administration, that comes from the top.

jimnyc
07-25-2017, 10:08 AM
From my POV, some tweets here and there aren't going to overpower the non-stop accusations and coverage by the MSM and the Dems. This entire non-stop Russia stuff isn't because of his tweets and they surely weren't going to go away of he didn't tweet messages. And it is Congress keeping this stuff going week after week. What's ailing this administration is non-stop leaks, non-stop attacks from Dems, non-stop crap about Russia with no proof & non-stop blocking by congress on any issue in front of them. Without any of them, then the tweets don't come. Sure, he has better ways of responding to all of this, but it's hardly his tweeting that is any type of cause to these issues. More like his tweets are responses to all of this crap.

Congress, as a whole, need to start doing their jobs as they have been paid to do. Mueller has a job, let him do it, congress need not visit it daily, and the Dems need not spend their time on Russia and the microphones all the time. Then the Republicans need to work as a team. They can't even pass some crap even though they don't need help from the Dems. That's what I laughed at about the Dems.

Sure, tweeting about some pardons is dumb. But the MSM still chooses what to speak about. They spoke about ill things, garbage & attacking him since day one. So I highly doubt if less than 1,000 words were taken away from Trump, that they would magically somehow be covering the news as respectable reporters. They've already shown that they can't do that.

You know my stance on his tweeting. But that's not nearly the problem, nor nearly an opportunity to blame the man at the top for any/all problems. The problems are still the leaking, the Dems and Russia, futile efforts to fix the healthcare bill.

Hell, for that fact, take away those endless leaks, and then take away the MSM and the endless Russia accusations that have no proof.... and this administration is a totally different ballgame. Hell, it's already there if folks are willing to ignore the crap created by such things. Lots getting done and very little reporting on it. Take away the Dems non-stop blocking and the non-stop crap about Russia, then it's even better, and they'll have little choice but to report on those things and appearances will be much better. This is their desire, IMO, to promote non-stop negativity from day one until 2020.

Kathianne
07-25-2017, 10:15 AM
From my POV, some tweets here and there aren't going to overpower the non-stop accusations and coverage by the MSM and the Dems. This entire non-stop Russia stuff isn't because of his tweets and they surely weren't going to go away of he didn't tweet messages. And it is Congress keeping this stuff going week after week. What's ailing this administration is non-stop leaks, non-stop attacks from Dems, non-stop crap about Russia with no proof & non-stop blocking by congress on any issue in front of them. Without any of them, then the tweets don't come. Sure, he has better ways of responding to all of this, but it's hardly his tweeting that is any type of cause to these issues. More like his tweets are responses to all of this crap.

Congress, as a whole, need to start doing their jobs as they have been paid to do. Mueller has a job, let him do it, congress need not visit it daily, and the Dems need not spend their time on Russia and the microphones all the time. Then the Republicans need to work as a team. They can't even pass some crap even though they don't need help from the Dems. That's what I laughed at about the Dems.

Sure, tweeting about some pardons is dumb. But the MSM still chooses what to speak about. They spoke about ill things, garbage & attacking him since day one. So I highly doubt if less than 1,000 words were taken away from Trump, that they would magically somehow be covering the news as respectable reporters. They've already shown that they can't do that.

You know my stance on his tweeting. But that's not nearly the problem, nor nearly an opportunity to blame the man at the top for any/all problems. The problems are still the leaking, the Dems and Russia, futile efforts to fix the healthcare bill.

Hell, for that fact, take away those endless leaks, and then take away the MSM and the endless Russia accusations that have no proof.... and this administration is a totally different ballgame. Hell, it's already there if folks are willing to ignore the crap created by such things. Lots getting done and very little reporting on it. Take away the Dems non-stop blocking and the non-stop crap about Russia, then it's even better, and they'll have little choice but to report on those things and appearances will be much better. This is their desire, IMO, to promote non-stop negativity from day one until 2020.

Actually Congress has been getting things done, at least as much as they have in years, take the Russian, Iran, Syria sanctions that now Trump approves of. Then there was the House passing a HC plan, not one I liked, but moved it onto the Senate, with great thanks from the President. Until he decided to publically call it 'mean' in a tweet and then in the press.

The House has approved VA Reform, overwhelmingly and in a bi-partisan vote.

The Senate has voted 90-0 to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv

I'm sure there's more, but those ones to me back Trump positions, which he should be out selling.