PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh: GOP Runs Show, Needs to Act Like It

jimnyc
07-25-2017, 11:34 AM
This won't be the most popular on opinions. First, it's Limbaugh. Second, he blames more on the GOP than Trump at all for investigations, ran by his own people.

I don't care that it's Limbaugh - he's correct in a lot of what he states. It could be a Russian on the moon and he would be right. The GOP has both chambers and they can't pass something they've been planning on since we first landed a man on the moon? :rolleyes:

And Trump is right to an extent about any Hillary crimes or Russia relations or other Democrat crap that should be investigated. But these are folks he nominated. Doesn't he have the ability to go to those departments, those very people, and help get those investigations started? I honestly don't know, but he's the man in charge. And Limbaugh is a hack many times. I don't see him stating that Trump should keep his beefs private.

---

Rush Limbaugh: GOP Runs Show, Needs to Act Like It

After years of trying, Republicans finally control both chambers of Congress and the White House, but are making no progress on the conservative agenda, talk radio host Rush Limbaugh said Monday.

"Six months into a Republican administration, after how many years of promises to, say, repeal Obamacare, and we're not an inch closer to it in reality than we were before last year's election?" he told his radio audience. "It's not gonna get any better than this. The only way it could get better is if this Republican majority were populated by more conservatives and different ideological types."

Limbaugh also noted President Donald Trump's tweet earlier in the day in which he called on investigations into Hillary Clinton and any connection with Russians.

"What Trump is talking about here . . . 'Why aren't these Republican committees, why aren't these Republican investigators — why isn't my attorney general — looking into Hillary Clinton's crimes?'" Limbaugh said. "If you're gonna investigate what all went on with Russia, how in the world do you leave the Democrats out of it? How do you leave Hillary Clinton out of it?

"The Republicans run the show! It's time for the Republicans to start acting like it. Politics is what it is. The Republicans don't appear to want to play the game."

Limbaugh, who has long complained Republicans don't follow up on their promises, no matter how much power they win, wasn't hopeful things will change "in our lifetimes."

"It's not gonna get any better than this, and I cannot believe that this opportunity is not seen by these very Republicans we're talking about in Washington — in the House, in the Senate, throughout the administration," he said.

"I know the old saw," he continued. "They didn't think they were gonna win, therefore they weren't prepared. So what? They did win. It ought to be euphoric. It ought to be exciting. Apparently, it isn't."

Rest here - http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/congress-conservatives-big-agenda-GOP/2017/07/24/id/803544/

Kathianne
07-25-2017, 12:45 PM
I think that the possible wrong doings of anyone in government, especially when personal gain is involved, should be investigated.

There's a long and storied history though of that not being done. If fact, many seem to have forgotten this, from right after the election:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politics/conway-no-clinton-charges-donald-trump/index.html