PDA

View Full Version : Man sentenced to 120 days in prison after fish cut in half

jimnyc
07-26-2017, 01:53 PM
I know it's just a fish, likely valued at $2.99 in most pet shops. But kids get attached to these things, and they become pets to them, and maybe others in the family. It says that the kid was traumatized, so I'm assuming he did it in front of him. That's the part that tells me he deserves this. There was no need to do it out of spite. Hopefully there are some fish lovers in the pokey.

---

Man sentenced to 120 days in prison after fish cut in half

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut man has been sentenced to 120 days in prison after police say he cut a pet fish in half during a domestic dispute.

The Bristol Press reports 33-year-old Juan Vega pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of breach of peace. As part of his plea deal with the state prosecutor, one count of cruelty to animals was dropped.

Police responded to a domestic disturbance at a Bristol home April 27. Police say Vega damaged property at the unnamed victim's home after an argument, and the victim's 9-year-old son told officers the family's pet beta fish was killed.

The prosecutor says the fish killing "really did traumatize" the child.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/local-news/270182865-story

pete311
07-26-2017, 02:33 PM
120 seems harsh, but clearly he's got psychopathic tendencies.

Gunny
07-26-2017, 04:55 PM
I know it's just a fish, likely valued at $2.99 in most pet shops. But kids get attached to these things, and they become pets to them, and maybe others in the family. It says that the kid was traumatized, so I'm assuming he did it in front of him. That's the part that tells me he deserves this. There was no need to do it out of spite. Hopefully there are some fish lovers in the pokey.

---

Man sentenced to 120 days in prison after fish cut in half

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) - A Connecticut man has been sentenced to 120 days in prison after police say he cut a pet fish in half during a domestic dispute.

The Bristol Press reports 33-year-old Juan Vega pleaded guilty Tuesday to one count of breach of peace. As part of his plea deal with the state prosecutor, one count of cruelty to animals was dropped.

Police responded to a domestic disturbance at a Bristol home April 27. Police say Vega damaged property at the unnamed victim's home after an argument, and the victim's 9-year-old son told officers the family's pet beta fish was killed.

The prosecutor says the fish killing "really did traumatize" the child.

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/local-news/270182865-story120 days in jail over a stupid fish. Something that is mercilessly slaughtered by the hundreds of thousands if not millions world wide. Ridiculous.

pete311
07-26-2017, 05:10 PM
120 days in jail over a stupid fish. Something that is mercilessly slaughtered by the hundreds of thousands if not millions world wide. Ridiculous.

Context Gunny, Context.

Gunny
07-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Context Gunny, Context.Y'think? Guess which "context" I regard fish as pets in? Funny (not) how context always comes into play over nonsensical crap but never anything that actually matters.

If I talk to my plants and you run over one with a lawn mower are you going to get 120 days?

pete311
07-26-2017, 10:54 PM
Y'think? Guess which "context" I regard fish as pets in? Funny (not) how context always comes into play over nonsensical crap but never anything that actually matters.

If I talk to my plants and you run over one with a lawn mower are you going to get 120 days?

Plants are not sentient. Where do you draw the line? Got a dog? Let me come over and cut it half.

darin
07-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Plants are not sentient. Where do you draw the line? Got a dog? Let me come over and cut it half.

That's an extreme example. But the 'cut the fish in half when pissed' thing is the problem. The guy in question is unstable - and I'd bet dollars to donuts, hates trump. :)

Gunny
07-27-2017, 06:49 PM
Plants are not sentient. Where do you draw the line? Got a dog? Let me come over and cut it half.How do you know plants aren't sentient? They tell you? Or is it just because you can't hear them scream?

Gunny
07-27-2017, 06:52 PM
That's an extreme example. But the 'cut the fish in half when pissed' thing is the problem. The guy in question is unstable - and I'd bet dollars to donuts, hates trump. :)

I agree. Dude's got a screw or two loose. And KNOW Judge Greenpeace HAS TO hate Trump:laugh:.

pete311
07-27-2017, 07:32 PM
How do you know plants aren't sentient? They tell you? Or is it just because you can't hear them scream?

Because um science. You need a mind. Want to debate whether or not moss is sentient? fucking hell.

Gunny
07-27-2017, 08:02 PM
Because um science. You need a mind. Want to debate whether or not moss is sentient? fucking hell.I'm not debating it. Just taking one of your usual assumption-is-fact comments and using your own posting MO on you. How do you -- or this "science" you claim determine plants have no mind? They are living and breathing organisms. Maybe you and your science just don't understand?

After all, I've seen people smarter than YOU called vegetables :).