PDA

View Full Version : McConnell Should Step Down as Majority Leader If Obamacare Isn’t Repealed

jimnyc
07-28-2017, 01:19 PM
Someone needs responsibility. They had YEARS to prepare for this. I read about medicare for weeks and weeks on end. And yet, they couldn't seem to reel in a few more members.

---

GOP Rep Mo Brooks: McConnell Should Step Down as Majority Leader If Obamacare Isn’t Repealed

Friday on CNN’s “New Day,” Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL), a candidate for the U.S. Senate in Alabama, suggested it might be time for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) to step down from his leadership position if he is unable to repeal Obamacare.
Brooks explained that if were unable to accomplish that repeal, then he may be unable to fulfill other parts of President Donald Trump’s agenda.

“Unquestionably the leadership at the top is responsible,” Brooks said. “The buck stops there, that’s why you take on that kind of responsibility,” Brooks said. “And if Mitch McConnell cannot get the job done on this, how is he going to get the job done on the rest of President Trump’s agenda over the next three-and-a-half years? As I see it right now, this is a killer … It’s not necessarily anything bad about Mitch McConnell himself personally. But he’s got a job to do, and if he can’t do it then, as ‘The Apprentice’ would say, ‘you’re fired,’ get somebody who can.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/07/28/gop-rep-mo-brooks-mcconnell-step-majority-leader-obamacare-isnt-repealed/

gabosaurus
07-28-2017, 01:38 PM
I think McConnell should admit failure and resign his seat.

jimnyc
07-28-2017, 01:39 PM
I think McConnell should admit failure and resign his seat.

I don't know though. My first instinct is to blame those that couldn't pull a meeting and perhaps make concessions or various compromises. My second thought is that he wasn't the one who voted for those 3 folks.

But at the end of the day, they do choose these leaders for a reason. I like McConnell, but it is what it is.

pete311
07-28-2017, 01:45 PM
How about responsibility for the losers who voted these people into office. Americans deserve what they get.

jimnyc
07-28-2017, 01:51 PM
How about responsibility for the losers who voted these people into office. Americans deserve what they get.

How about we have a normal discussion?

Do you think we should fire Americans because someone doesn't like a vote?

But to an extent, I agree with you. I never understood why the lifers continue. McCain, Pelosi, Reid, Rangel, Grassley... Doesn't matter what side of the aisle.

But reading again...

We are LOSERS somehow for who we voted into office?

Kathianne
07-28-2017, 02:28 PM
I'm wondering if with Bo and so many being so angry and using names such as 'RINOS' and accusing them of 'consorting with Democrats to undermine the administration' if truly the party needs to split.

There is real internecine warfare, that is both cultural and on the issues. Seems like it may be the best way to deal with the problems.

jimnyc
07-28-2017, 02:34 PM
I'm wondering if with Bo and so many being so angry and using names such as 'RINOS' and accusing them of 'consorting with Democrats to undermine the administration' if truly the party needs to split.

There is real internecine warfare, that is both cultural and on the issues. Seems like it may be the best way to deal with the problems.

I don't see massive changes and war because of all of this. I see it as rather small in comparison. They COULD have put things through already to move along if they simply made medicare changes. That wouldn't have finalized anything, but brought them to the next step. Only a very small handful, perhaps 3? were not on board that they could have easily brought on board. From there, from what I'm reading, it's the same as where the R's have always been - with medicare of course, and just how much to repeal (which I know is huge).

For me and what I've been reading, I've only seen And only consider one person there a 'rino'.

Kathianne
07-28-2017, 02:44 PM
I don't see massive changes and war because of all of this. I see it as rather small in comparison. They COULD have put things through already to move along if they simply made medicare changes. That wouldn't have finalized anything, but brought them to the next step. Only a very small handful, perhaps 3? were not on board that they could have easily brought on board. From there, from what I'm reading, it's the same as where the R's have always been - with medicare of course, and just how much to repeal (which I know is huge).

For me and what I've been reading, I've only seen And only consider one person there a 'rino'.

It seemed inevitable that there would be a split, now the calls for primarying and otherwise punishing those who dare to disagree with positions of the administration votes for their interpretation of what's best for their constituents; to humiliate anyone-especially those who have worked for the administration, there is no 'big tent,' it's a one dimensional wish.

Those that agree with the current vision of what their party should be, should stay. Those that don't, should offer and alternative. No blinders, the democrats will win while the dust settles, but it will make the parties left more stable and provide consistency of ideas. The country needs ideas.