PDA

View Full Version : Not Smart To Dictate For Son

Kathianne
07-31-2017, 10:55 PM
Don't know where this will go, but just seems dumb. The article basically says that Trump came up with the idea, dictating what Don Jr. should say about meeting; 'It was for the orphans!' Worked for less than 24 hours.

Sometimes the dumbest things...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-dictated-sons-misleading-statement-on-meeting-with-russian-lawyer/2017/07/31/04c94f96-73ae-11e7-8f39-eeb7d3a2d304_story.html?utm_term=.ef14287cf7be

Trump dictated son’s misleading statement on meeting with Russian lawyer By Ashley Parker (https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/ashley-parker), Carol D. Leonnig (https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/carol-d-leonnig/), Philip Rucker (https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/philip-rucker/) and Tom Hamburger (https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/tom-hamburger/)July 31 at 7:46 PM

On the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit in Germany last month, President Trump’s advisers discussed how to respond to a new revelation that Trump’s oldest son had met with a Russian lawyer during the 2016 campaign — a disclosure the advisers knew carried political and potentially legal peril.

The strategy, the advisers agreed, should be for Donald Trump Jr. to release a statement to get ahead of the story. They wanted to be truthful, so their account couldn’t be repudiated later if the full details emerged.

But within hours, at the president’s direction, the plan changed.

Flying home from Germany on July 8 aboard Air Force One, Trump personally dictated a statement in which Trump Jr. said that he and the Russian lawyer had “primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children” when they met in June 2016, according to multiple people with knowledge of the deliberations. The statement, issued to the New York Times as it prepared an article, emphasized that the subject of the meeting was “not a campaign issue at the time.”

The claims were later shown to be misleading.

Prosecutors typically assume that any misleading statement is an effort to throw investigators off the track, Zeidenberg said.

“The thing that really strikes me about this is the stupidity of involving the president,” Zeidenberg said. “They are still treating this like a family-run business and they have a PR problem. . . . What they don’t seem to understand is this is a criminal investigation involving all of them.”

Kathianne
08-01-2017, 05:20 PM
Yes, this has been a major story today, but the actions were back weeks.

Other than this, the day has been weird in the sense of no drama I've seen from the WH. Gee, almost like the 'old days.' May it continue.

hjmick
08-01-2017, 05:25 PM
He probably did Jr's homework for him as well...

jimnyc
08-01-2017, 05:32 PM
I'm sure it's true, and I could search for other sources if I wanted to. I don't care to bother with more than a sentence from a WaPO article. If I come across something, and it happens to be from them, move along is what I do. Or if interested, the first thing I do is a search on more reputable sites for backup.

Kathianne
08-01-2017, 05:36 PM
I'm sure it's true, and I could search for other sources if I wanted to. I don't care to bother with more than a sentence from a WaPO article. If I come across something, and it happens to be from them, move along is what I do. Or if interested, the first thing I do is a search on more reputable sites for backup.

The White House presser said, "He weighed in, as any father would do..." so yeah.

My last post was that this was a few weeks ago, today was pretty anti-drama and on message. If it continues, who knows? Something might be done.

gabosaurus
08-01-2017, 05:42 PM

I doubt pjmedia or gateway pundit is going to do a piece about Trump obstructing justice (again). :rolleyes:

jimnyc
08-01-2017, 05:43 PM
The White House presser said, "He weighed in, as any father would do..." so yeah.

My last post was that this was a few weeks ago, today was pretty anti-drama and on message. If it continues, who knows? Something might be done.

I solely commented as to the source, nothing else. But unlike those that whine about Breitbart and what not, I'm not questioning the accuracy of anything.

jimnyc
08-01-2017, 05:44 PM
I doubt pjmedia or gateway pundit is going to do a piece about Trump obstructing justice (again). :rolleyes:

Trying to once again prove what an asshole you truly are?

gabosaurus
08-01-2017, 11:02 PM
Trying to once again prove what an asshole you truly are?

You get very upset when someone contradicts or disagrees with you.

jimnyc
08-02-2017, 12:06 PM
You get very upset when someone contradicts or disagrees with you.

Not exactly like that. I actually like a little debate. But your comments are often meant to mock in some manner, and show very little actual interest in discussing the articles. Also, don't confuse me calling you or someone else being an asshole as getting very upset. I point it out, then move along.