PDA

View Full Version : Someone Leaked Classified Transcripts Of Trump’s Phone Calls With Foreign Leaders

jimnyc
08-03-2017, 01:57 PM
I know liberals are going to enjoy this. But should ANY American be celebrating our country having folks spy on our own president, and then share information with foreign leaders? How long before someone shares intelligence that can be harmful to our country? These leakers need to be caught, for various reasons.

What if this was phone calls that highlighted combat information about Isis, or Afghanistan? I wonder if the liberals would still laugh about it?

And is it a surprise that the WaPo is front and center?

---

Someone Leaked Classified Transcripts Of Trump’s Phone Calls With Foreign Leaders

The Washington Post on Thursday published portions of classified transcripts of combative phone calls President Trump had earlier this year with the leaders of Mexico and Australia.

The transcripts portray acrimonious conversations between Trump and Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto and Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, largely on the issues of immigration, border wall funding and refugees.

The release of the transcripts is likely to anger Trump for two reasons. First, the transcript of the phone call with Peña Nieto shows that Trump views construction of the border wall more as a political necessity than as a security issue. Trump has also fumed about sensitive leaks coming from his administration, which he sees as an attempt to undermine his presidency. Last week, Trump publicly criticized Attorney General Jeff Sessions for not doing enough to find and punish the leakers.

There is no indication in the Post report of who leaked the call transcripts. But the newspaper notes that read-outs, which are compiled from notes taken during the phone calls, are often shared among White House staff and policymakers.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/03/someone-leaked-classified-transcripts-of-trumps-phone-calls-with-foreign-leaders/

jimnyc
08-04-2017, 10:23 AM
The glee I have read from liberals in the news stories around the nation. They think leaks about foreign countries is funny and cool. Not surprising. Hopefully they'll catch up with him/her/them and prosecute them to the fullest, put them in jail forever. I don't care about loyalty to Trump, but this is the loyalty to America, the government as a whole. Then reading around the forumsphere, seems like the nevertrumpers and haters seem to think it's "deserving" and the others just ignore the story while running back to Russia stories - then to complain that the only thing in the news is Russia.

---

Sen. Corker Blasts WH Leakers: Fire All of Them, ‘They Are Disloyal to Our Government!’

(CNSNews.com) -- Senators Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) expressed their strong disapproval of the newest batch of leaks from the White House during a Thursday press briefing on Capitol Hill, calling for the punishment and termination of the people responsible for the leaks and stressing that these people are “disloyal to our government.”

“I think it really is a disservice to the president that this happened,” Sen. Graham said, referencing the leaked transcripts of conversations between President Donald Trump and foreign leaders that were published by the Washington Post early Thursday.

“Can you imagine being president of the United States and having a conversation with a foreign leader and that conversation being divulged to the media?” said Graham. “It’s just not fair to President Trump.”

Rest here - http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/annabel-scott/sen-corker-blasts-wh-leakers-fire-all-them-they-are-disloyal-our

Kathianne
08-04-2017, 10:26 AM
It's dangerous for the president not to be able to be open in conversations with foreign leaders, whomever leaked these should be prosecuted. It's like the most basic level of diplomacy was just taken away.

jimnyc
08-04-2017, 10:31 AM
It's dangerous for the president not to be able to be open in conversations with foreign leaders, whomever leaked these should be prosecuted. It's like the most basic level of diplomacy was just taken away.

I'm wondering what type of communication he can use now? Anything he uses to communicate with others, foreign leaders, seems to be monitored. Even if he went rogue with his own cells or whatever, he would still be monitored likely, and then of course wouldn't have any 'protection' either. That's messed up - he has his phones all protected of course, and yet the leaks are worse!

It doesn't matter the politician. Even if it were Hillary in office or in the senate, no government official should have calls leaked as such.

Will it limit conversations down the road? Will foreigners be hesitant? Hell, foreigners now are laughing at us as a whole.

jimnyc
08-04-2017, 10:44 AM
So someone explain this to me. A guy in his basement, who has his phone line tethered to his neighbor, then masks his IP address anyway and posts via Hong Kong. He then routes it through a proxy server just to make sure. He goes on some rants about the president.

Within 48 hours he gets a knock on his door to answer some questions!

How can the NSA and other intel jackasses do SO much that we've seen over the years - but they can't figure out who is intercepting calls from the President of the United States, and then leaking those calls?

---

DOJ Coming For Leakers, Sessions Says

Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Director of National Intelligence Dan Coates presented an aggressive new strategy for curtailing intelligence leaks Friday.

“I strongly agree with the President and condemn in the strongest terms the staggering number of leaks undermining the ability of our government to protect this country,” Sessions said during a Friday press conference in Washington.

“We are taking a stand,” he added. “This culture of leaking must stop.”

Sessions says the Department of Justice (DOJ) has tripled the number of open and active leak investigations, though he declined to speak about specific probes, in keeping with longstanding DOJ policy. The AG said the FBI has dedicated significant resources to these investigations, and created a new unit within the FBI to coordinate these inquiries.

Sessions further directed Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and FBI Director Christopher Wray to personally oversee classified leak investigations, and ordered U.S. attorneys to prioritize prosecutions of leakers.

“I have this message for the intelligence community,” Sessions said. “The Department of Justice is open for business.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/04/open-for-business-doj-coming-for-leakers-sessions-says/

jimnyc
08-04-2017, 10:46 AM
At least one ranking Dem is on board and pissed.

---

Top Dem: Congress Needs To Investigate ‘Disgraceful’ Transcript Leaks

Congress needs to investigate the “disgraceful” leaks of President Trump’s private conversations with world leaders, a top Democratic senator said on Thursday.

“A president of the United States, a governor would tell us they’ve got to be able to have confidential conversations,” Virginia Sen. Mark Warner told The Daily Beast. “And I think it was disgraceful that those [came out].”

Warner is the top ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

“Whether that is Intel or Judicial [committees] looking into it, somebody ought to,” the senator told The Daily Beast.

The Washington Post published Thursday morning leaked classified transcripts of Trump’s private conversations with the leaders of Mexico and Australia. The phone calls took place shortly after Trump’s inauguration but were just now leaked to the Post.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/03/top-dem-congress-needs-to-investigate-disgraceful-transcript-leaks/