PDA

View Full Version : Dow Jones hits 22,000 for first time

jimnyc
08-03-2017, 02:35 PM
The bull market has been on a tear and is at record levels. If it doesn't, and the R's fail to handle tax cuts/reform appropriately, will they blame Trump? Of course.

Congress sucks, has for a very long time. That's why their approval numbers have been at the bottom for many years now. Fire them all, start over again. :(

--

Jeremy Siegel: Dow Will Hit 24,000 if Trump Enacts Tax Reform

Finance professor Jeremy Siegel predicts that the Dow Jones industrial average will surge to 24,000 by the end of this year if President Donald Trump and the Republicans on Capitol Hill can somehow enact corporate tax reform.

"I would love to see personal tax reform and lower those personal rates but what I think what is more probable and what I think Congress should attack first is corporate tax reform," the finance professor at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School told CNBC a day after the Dow closed above 22,000 for the first time ever.

In late trading Thursday, the Dow rose marginally and was on track for a record high close, Reuters reported. At 2:14 pm ET, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.07 percent at 22,032.38, which would be a record high close.

Siegel said the Dow could get "another thousand" points out of strong earnings alone.

"What the stock market cares about is interest rates and earnings. And both of them are doing well," Siegel said.

Rest here - http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/jeremy-siegel-dow-trump-tax/2017/08/03/id/805654/