PDA

View Full Version : Robust Economy, Stocks Will Mean 'Trump's Going to Win Again'

jimnyc
08-03-2017, 02:41 PM
3+ years ahead of time, endless things still to transpire in Washington, opponents not even announced yet - and this one thinks he can predict Trump winning solely on this? I don't think so. It may be of great help though.

---

Langone: Robust Economy, Stocks Will Mean 'Trump's Going to Win Again'

Business guru Ken Langone predicts that President Donald Trump will easily be re-elected to a second term if the economy continues to strengthen and the stock market surges to record highs seemingly on a daily basis.

“Guess what, if this economy continues to strengthen and it strengthens over the next three years, like it or not Trump’s going to win again,” Langone told Fox Business Network.

Trump took to Twitter to trumpet his success in delivering an economy that just witnessed the blue-chip Dow Jones Industrial Average close above the 22,000 mark for the first time.

https://i.imgur.com/OFiEHH8.png

The Dow eclipsed 22,000 for the first time Wednesday, part of an 11 percent increase thus far in 2017.

Trump himself claimed credit for the surge, noting on Twitter Tuesday that the Dow stood only at 18,000 points around Election Day and crowing Wednesday that "we have a lot of things happening that are really great.

Rest here - http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/ken-langone-trump-economy-stock/2017/08/03/id/805611/

Black Diamond
08-03-2017, 03:22 PM
He will win again. It will be decided earlier in 2020 than it was in 2016.

gabosaurus
08-03-2017, 03:40 PM
The stock market values have nothing to do with who is president. Unless you want to see it that way.

Black Diamond
08-03-2017, 03:43 PM
The stock market values have nothing to do with who is president. Unless you want to see it that way.
I agree. But not everyone realizes that.

gabosaurus
08-03-2017, 03:49 PM
I believe the 2018 midterm elections will go a long way in determining Trump's fate. If the Republicans can hold their edge in the House and Senate, that will signal that the American public is satisfied with the job that Trump is doing.

jimnyc
08-03-2017, 03:58 PM

Said like that, you are correct. But the economy DOES often speak to the American voter, and very often the stock markets will run along with the current economy. Coincidence that the market surges up, and unemployment is so far down and jobs went straight up? Of course NONE of it directly speaks for the other. But they all DO play their part.

So I think it would be fairer to say that an improved economy can help get a president re-elected. And rising and record markets can be a result of that.

It's a good discussion and talking piece - but MUCH too early. There can be issues in the last 3-6 months and that can change everything, IMO.