PDA

View Full Version : Sessions Barring Sanctuary Cities From Crime-Reduction Program

jimnyc
08-03-2017, 02:42 PM
Sessions Barring Sanctuary Cities From Crime-Reduction Program

U.S. cities that refuse to step up efforts to focus on crimes committed by undocumented immigrants will not be allowed to participate in a new crime reduction training program unveiled earlier this year by the Justice Department, Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Thursday.

In making the announcement, Sessions singled out four local police departments that had expressed interest in the new Public Safety Partnership Program, saying they first had to answer a list of questions by Aug. 18 confirming they do not have any "sanctuary" policies to shield illegal immigrants from possible deportation by ensuring they will allow federal immigration officials access to local jails.

"By protecting criminals from immigration enforcement, cities and states with so-called 'sanctuary' policies make all of us less safe," Sessions said.

The four police departments that must respond are Albuquerque, New Mexico; Baltimore, Maryland; and San Bernardino and Stockton, California.

Representatives for the four cities' police departments did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Sessions' announcement reflects part of a broader policy push by President Donald Trump to crack down generally on illegal immigration.

He has urged Congress to support funding the building of a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, and the administration has moved to dramatically widen the net of illegal immigrants targeted for deportation.

Rest here - http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/sessions-sanctuary-crime-reduction/2017/08/03/id/805606/

gabosaurus
08-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Shouldn't Sessions be focused on reducing crime as a whole? I doubt that illegals are causing much trouble in Baltimore, Chicago or Detroit.

jimnyc
08-03-2017, 04:48 PM
Shouldn't Sessions be focused on reducing crime as a whole? I doubt that illegals are causing much trouble in Baltimore, Chicago or Detroit.

Sessions has a lot of jobs. And one SHOULD be trying to eliminate these so called sanctuary cities. And you don't think there are issues exacerbated in such major cities with the illegals, by giving them such protection? And then when you attract them, I'm confident that in time crime will increase. We've already seen quite a few crimes, and many serious, by illegals in these sanctuary cities.

aboutime
08-03-2017, 04:51 PM

gabby. Okay. Since you claim to be so smart, and educated. Why don't you take a month long vacation in Baltimore, Chicago, or Detroit, and stay in the Ghetto neighborhoods where every other sign is in SPANISH?