PDA

View Full Version : Murphy resigns political posts

Guernicaa
08-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Another sexual hypocrite from the right!

UPDATE: Murphy resigns political posts; cooperating with police in apparent criminal investigation
By LARRY THOMAS
Larry.Thomas@newsandtribune.com

— The chairman of the Clark County Republican Party — who last month was elected president of the Young Republican National Federation — has resigned both posts, apparently in the wake of a criminal investigation.
On Tuesday afternoon, Glenn Murphy Jr. e-mailed media outlets a letter announcing his resignation from both positions, citing an unexpected business opportunity that would prohibit him from holding a partisan political office.
However, the Clark County Sheriff’s Department on Friday began investigating Murphy for alleged criminal deviate conduct — potentially a class B felony — after speaking with a 22-year-old man who claimed that on July 31, Murphy performed an unwanted sex act on him while the man slept in a relative’s Jeffersonville home.
Murphy, a 33-year-old Utica resident, has not been arrested nor has he been charged with a crime. A copy of the police report has been posted on an politically focused Internet site and another was provided to a reporter with The Evening News and The Tribune on Tuesday evening.
Larry Wilder, Murphy’s attorney, said Murphy is cooperating with police and Prosecutor Steve Stewart. Wilder said Murphy contends the sex act was consensual.
A reporter was unable to reach Stewart on Tuesday evening.
In 1998, a 21-year-old male filed a similar report with Clarksville police claiming Murphy attempted to perform a sex act on him while he was sleeping. Charges were never filed in that case.
In the letter he e-mailed to a reporter on Tuesday, Murphy says that on Friday he learned that he had been awarded a contract he had bid on more than a year ago, and that one of the stipulations of the deal is that Murphy could not hold a partisan political office.
In the letter, Murphy wrote: “My company (Utica-based December Media) bid on a very large project more than a year ago. It was a job that I thought I would never get in a million years — one that could transform my company and do in one year what I could ordinarily do in five. Well, I got the job Friday
“... It was perfect timing for the county chairmanship that I was transitioning out of anyway, but terrible timing for my volunteer Young Republican position that I had just worked so hard to achieve.
“My family sat down with me Saturday evening to look at things from every angle. We determined that if I didn’t take the job, there could potentially never be that type of opportunity again and I would be shorting the security of my future and the future of my family. I prayed with my family, and we determined that I have to take this opportunity for my long-term security.”
Murphy spoke with a reporter via telephone only briefly after sending the e-mail. The conversation occurred before The Evening News and The Tribune obtained copies of the police reports from last week and 1998.
During the conversation, Murphy seemed optimistic about the business opportunity and said he believes his resignation will have little negative impact on local Republicans, because he has been planning on leaving the county post since being elected president of the Young Republican National Federation last month.
Clark County Republican Vice Chairwoman Connie Sellers will serve as the party’s interim chair until a caucus takes place in about two weeks, Murphy’s letter indicates. Jessica Colon, of Texas, will replace Murphy with the National Young Republican Federation. Murphy was elected to the national post last month during a convention in Miami.
Sellers said Tuesday she is still working with state GOP leaders to coordinate the caucus and that no time, date or place have been set. Murphy has served as a local GOP officer for 10 years, including seven as chairman.
Wilder expressed concern that the investigation into the most recent allegation against Murphy would be tainted, given that the police report was made public, which Wilder claims is a violation of state law.
“The police report was disseminated on the Internet before I had my copy of it. I actually had to get my copy of it off the Internet,” Wilder said.
“I don't know how that happened,” Sheriff Dan Rodden said. “There’s a multitude of ways it could have gotten out. I don’t know how I’ll pin it down.”
Rodden declined comment on the allegations against Murphy, referring a reporter’s questions to Stewart.
Wilder said that Murphy met with the alleged victim and the alleged victim’s sister after the incident occurred. Wilder said that conversation was taped without Murphy’s knowledge. The attorney said he has already listened to the tape and that Murphy contends throughout it his belief that the sex act of which he has been accused was consensual.
According to a pair of police reports, the alleged victim and his sister claim Murphy contacted them several times after the alleged incident occurred to inquire as to whether they were going to file a report with police.

So you know
• When Glenn Murphy Jr. took over as Clark County Republican Party Chairman seven years ago, there were no elected officials from the GOP in Clark County. Today there are 23, including all five members of the Sellersburg Town Council and three members each on the Clark County and Jeffersonville councils.

Copyright © 1999-2006 cnhi, inc.
http://www.news-tribune.net/breakingnews/local_story_219210228.html

So lets look at our list here:
Jeff Gannon
Matt Sanchez aka "Rod Majors"
Ted Haggard
Mark Foley

It appears as Max Blumental once stated, it's becoming a "grand right-wing tradition".

08-08-2007, 04:34 PM
So because some unimportant republican allegedly committed some deviant act that someone makes Republicans bad?

You're argument just doesnt make any sense. The entire Democrat party has been fighting for the rights of sexual deviants to engage in their disgusting behavior. Heck, your candidates are actually going to hold a debate over sexual deviancy where they will all agree with each other.

Seems more the hypocrisy is on your side. You are the ones defending this stuff while being upset when Republicans allegedly do it. We on the other hand take appropriate action to discipline corrupt individuals in the party.

So you see our position is consistant. Discipline those engaging in this behavior. Yours isnt. Praise it in Democrats, condemn in Republicans.

But what do we expect from someone supporting a candidate who cant even answer a yes or no question as to whether he would meet with Barry Bonds.

OCA
08-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Obama is a kid, he doesn't know about all the past indiscretions of Demos. Can anyone say Bill Clinton? John Kennedy? The congressman from Modesto who killed the chick he had an affair with and left her body in Rock Creek Park?

08-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Obama is a kid, he doesn't know about all the past indiscretions of Demos. Can anyone say Bill Clinton? John Kennedy? The congressman from Modesto who killed the chick he had an affair with and left her body in Rock Creek Park?

didn't you know? Murder by democrats isnt as bad as gay sex by Republicans.

Sitarro
08-08-2007, 05:08 PM
The difference is he resigned immediately in shame and there isn't a real Republican out there that would defend him. Now he qualifies to be Chairman of the Democrat Party....... may have been what he wanted in the first place. For a fag politician, the Democrat Party represents a "target rich" environment.:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Hagbard Celine
08-08-2007, 05:15 PM
So because some unimportant republican allegedly committed some deviant act that someone makes Republicans bad?

You're argument just doesnt make any sense. The entire Democrat party has been fighting for the rights of sexual deviants to engage in their disgusting behavior. Heck, your candidates are actually going to hold a debate over sexual deviancy where they will all agree with each other.

Seems more the hypocrisy is on your side. You are the ones defending this stuff while being upset when Republicans allegedly do it. We on the other hand take appropriate action to discipline corrupt individuals in the party.

So you see our position is consistant. Discipline those engaging in this behavior. Yours isnt. Praise it in Democrats, condemn in Republicans.

But what do we expect from someone supporting a candidate who cant even answer a yes or no question as to whether he would meet with Barry Bonds.

He's not the only "moral majority" member to fall from grace. He's the latest in a slew. Something you've apparently chosen to ignore. The "moral majority" is a joke, propaganda front the Republican party puts up to buy votes from schmucks who think politics is still honest.

nevadamedic
08-08-2007, 05:24 PM
He's not the only "moral majority" member to fall from grace. He's the latest in a slew. Something you've apparently chosen to ignore. The "moral majority" is a joke, propaganda front the Republican party puts up to buy votes from schmucks who think politics is still honest.

Just like the Democratic Governor of New Jersey that was cheating on his wife with male members of his staff at cheap motel rooms?

diuretic
08-08-2007, 05:48 PM
http://www.armchairsubversive.org/

Looks like a syndrome to me :laugh2:

Guernicaa
08-08-2007, 05:55 PM

Actually shit face, we could care less about who hes attracted too...what we care about is that he's being a hypocrite.

How can he campaign for a party that bases itself around "moral values" and then go and do something that directly contradicts both your parties "moral values" and religious interpretation on sexual orientation?

Like hag said, its all a sham to win over the voters who actually do pray, and do care about Christian "values" or whatever the fuck you people believe in.

Guernicaa
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Note to people reading the thread....

My original title was "hahahahahahahahah"

Someone mysteriously changed it...:fu:

Guernicaa
08-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Did Bill Clinton campaign on a platform of "moral values" based around Chrstian bull shit? Didn't think soooo.

diuretic
08-08-2007, 06:00 PM
The sad part about this is that the bloke is denying his sexuality. You may ask yourself, "why"? Well why wouldn't he? If he came out and said, "oh by the way I'm gay", what would happen to him?

08-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Actually shit face, we could care less about who hes attracted too...what we care about is that he's being a hypocrite.

How can he campaign for a party that bases itself around "moral values" and then go and do something that directly contradicts both your parties "moral values" and religious interpretation on sexual orientation?

Like hag said, its all a sham to win over the voters who actually do pray, and do care about Christian "values" or whatever the fuck you people believe in.

And i exposed your hypocrisy. If you couldn't care less, then it wouldnt be an issue for you. It's only an issue because you think it makes Republicans look bad. Never mind the fact that you defend Democrats for doing much worse.

And you obviously couldnt handle it because you came back with insults.

The fact is having morals and falling short of them will always be better than pretending they dont exist to begin with.

OCA
08-08-2007, 09:27 PM
Did Bill Clinton campaign on a platform of "moral values" based around Chrstian bull shit? Didn't think soooo.

Sure he did...........along with him being the first Black president.

But in your twisted child mind if a person fucks up sexually but has not professed or spoken about their Christian beliefs than its ok with you, eh?

Hypocrite

Bill Clinton paid off Paula Jones 300,000.....think it was because he did not rape..........errr............sexually harass her?

Why is everything Christian bullshit to you? What proof do you have that Christianity is bullshit? Why are you afraid of Christianity? Are you afraid that you cannot live by a set of high standards?

JohnDoe
08-08-2007, 09:46 PM

But in your twisted child mind if a person fucks up sexually but has not professed or spoken about their Christian beliefs than its ok with you, eh?

Hypocrite

Bill Clinton paid off Paula Jones 300,000.....think it was because he did not rape..........errr............sexually harass her?

Why is everything Christian bullshit to you? What proof do you have that Christianity is bullshit? Why are you afraid of Christianity? Are you afraid that you cannot live by a set of high standards?

Christianity, is real and true.

Christians, on the otherhand, are being hypocrites, if they profess to the public to be against actions they are doing themselves behind the public's back. THIS IS WORSE, because not only are they diviants themselves, but they are LIARS, untrustworthy, and do give Christianity a bad name in my opinion, don't YOU think so?

OCA
08-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Christianity, is real and true.

Christians, on the otherhand, are being hypocrites, if they profess to the public to be against actions they are doing themselves behind the public's back. THIS IS WORSE, because not only are they diviants themselves, but they are LIARS, untrustworthy, and do give Christianity a bad name in my opinion, don't YOU think so?

I do not judge Christians by the actions of a high profile few, neither should you.

JohnDoe
08-08-2007, 10:19 PM
I do not judge Christians by the actions of a high profile few, neither should you.

I respectfully disagree.

There is scripture after after scripture that speaks about unholiness within the ranks of our Christian communities and that we ARE to question and voice disapproval of these non Christian acts. Be forgiving, yes.

But to allow one high profile Christian after another proclaim publically to be righteous because they are Christians, while they spit in Christ's face with their iniquities is NOT a good thing for Christianity, and should be clensed, not accepted. It does an injustice to Christ, especially in these high profile cases, to not disapprove of the action that is clearly against Christ's teachings, while on the otherhand, be forgiving imo.

jd

Faith, without works, is Dead!

Guernicaa
08-08-2007, 10:38 PM
And i exposed your hypocrisy. If you couldn't care less, then it wouldnt be an issue for you. It's only an issue because you think it makes Republicans look bad. Never mind the fact that you defend Democrats for doing much worse.

And you obviously couldnt handle it because you came back with insults.

The fact is having morals and falling short of them will always be better than pretending they dont exist to begin with.
You can't relate this case to any other scandal.
WE DON'T CARE WHO HES ATTRACTED TOO. WE CARE BECAUSE HE IS PROCLAIMING TO BE A "CHRISTIAN" AND CAMPAIGNS FOR PEOPLE ON THE PLATFORM OF "MORAL VALUES" AND YET AT THE SAME TIME COMPLETLY DEFIES THOSE "MORAL VALUES".
That is the essence of the case. You have no argument trying to say I'm hypocritical because I am in no way being hypocritical.

Guernicaa
08-08-2007, 10:45 PM

Hypocrite

You guys really just don't give up do you?

Liberals aren't campaigning on the basis of these "moral values" and Christian beliefs that strictly say sexual encounters that are not hetero and are outside of marraige are very bad. Conservatives are. Therefore, when a liberal engages in a "fucked up" (as you described it) sexual act, it may not be right, but we cannot call them a hypocrite like we can conservatives who ARE campaigning on the Christian "moral values" platform.

As for Paula Jones...Wow...I mean its really time to move on...even Ann Coulter decided to move on.
Coulter was one of the attorneys in that case, and everyone knows (including Ann) that Paula Jones was a lying whore:

Jones now claims she was victimized by both Clinton and his Republican opponents. Her legal fund did not cover the attorneys' fees, and Jones' personal life was disrupted during the controversy: she was divorced by her husband, purchased a house after the settlement, and incurred a large tax bill, then posed nude for Penthouse magazine, claiming that she would use the money to pay the tax and fund her two grade-school-aged children's college education. This caused her to be publicly denounced as "trailer-park trash" by author Ann Coulter, who said, "I totally believed she was the good Christian girl who had suffered sexual harassment and eschewal, that is what she made herself out to be.... [N]ow it turns out she's a fraud, at least to the extent of pretending to be an honorable and moral person." Jones attempted to defend herself on Larry King Live, stating, "I haven't been out doing anything and trying to make a lot of money. I haven't been offered a book deal like everybody else in this huge thing has done. Ann Coulter's done books. I haven't seen her call me up and say: 'Paula, would you like for me to help you write a book, a really nice, decent book?' I haven't had any help from anybody whatsoever."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Jones

08-08-2007, 11:37 PM
You can't relate this case to any other scandal.
WE DON'T CARE WHO HES ATTRACTED TOO. WE CARE BECAUSE HE IS PROCLAIMING TO BE A "CHRISTIAN" AND CAMPAIGNS FOR PEOPLE ON THE PLATFORM OF "MORAL VALUES" AND YET AT THE SAME TIME COMPLETLY DEFIES THOSE "MORAL VALUES".
That is the essence of the case. You have no argument trying to say I'm hypocritical because I am in no way being hypocritical.

Who says he is christian? The article doesnt say that.

Lets forget this is a low level official.

Let's forget no one really even knows who this guy is.

like i said. its better to fall short of moral values then to deny them exist.

stephanie
08-08-2007, 11:45 PM
You guys really just don't give up do you?

Liberals aren't campaigning on the basis of these "moral values" and Christian beliefs that strictly say sexual encounters that are not hetero and are outside of marraige are very bad. Conservatives are. Therefore, when a liberal engages in a "fucked up" (as you described it) sexual act, it may not be right, but we cannot call them a hypocrite like we can conservatives who ARE campaigning on the Christian "moral values" platform.

As for Paula Jones...Wow...I mean its really time to move on...even Ann Coulter decided to move on.
Coulter was one of the attorneys in that case, and everyone knows (including Ann) that Paula Jones was a lying whore:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Jones

Who cares if you guys care whether a person is a hypocrite...
And how do you know what this guy ran on to get elected....
At least a Christian Conservative, who is caught in these kind of scandal's, do the right thing and resign...

Your alls........You people just reelect them back into office....

Speaking of HYPOCRITES.:poke: