PDA

View Full Version : Maxine Waters Is Encouraging More People to Leak Confidential Info From the WH

jimnyc
08-04-2017, 04:28 PM
She's nuttier than I thought. This goes over the line, and she's asking folks to perhaps break the law. :rolleyes:

---

Maxine Waters Is Encouraging More People to Leak Confidential Info From the White House!

On The View, Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA), one of the leaders of the the impeach-Trump movement, encouraged more confidential leaking from the Trump administration. After a panelist questioned, "We don’t need to hear these conversations, they’re confidential," Waters said, "I need to hear these conversations." She simply denied that foreign countries might view these leaks as a sign that the U.S. is a non-secure environment for discussing key matters and that therefore we will lose significance and trust worldwide. She simply denied that part.

While she was denying things, Waters said that, "I am not running for anything except the impeachment of Trump." Maybe we should be thankful she won't run for President?

https://pjmedia.com/video/maxine-waters-is-encouraging-more-people-to-leak-confidential-info-from-the-white-house/

revelarts
08-05-2017, 09:33 AM
And when Trump asked Russia to hack former US govt officials and a Presidential candidate. Is that too far as well? Nutty maybe?

NightTrain
08-05-2017, 09:43 AM
And when Trump asked Russia to hack former US govt officials and a Presidential candidate. Is that too far as well? Nutty maybe?

Fun Fact for you, Rev : The hacking was already a done deal and we were reading about the nefarious things the DNC was up to via WikiLeaks already.

Trump simply asked for the 33,000 missing emails that it seemed everyone but us had copies of.

Kathianne
08-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Fun Fact for you, Rev : The hacking was already a done deal and we were reading about the nefarious things the DNC was up to via WikiLeaks already.

Trump simply asked for the 33,000 missing emails that it seemed everyone but us had copies of.

I understand your and Trump's point. I also understand Rev. This was the type of remark made loudly and to the cheers of Trump's supporters that wasn't so warmly understood and applauded by other citizens. It also is in the vein of the types of remarks, say about recording conversations, that have landed a special counsel in his lap.

"Nutty" might not be the correct words, "ill chosen" phrase certainly fits though.

This week he's shown more restraint, of course Kelly is getting the credit, but in that short amount of time, there's some improvements. I'm hoping that he takes his vaca and enjoys it, golfs and does whatever he does. I hope he keeps the tweets policy focused or takes a break from that too. When he comes back that the new pattern continues for the most part, less dramatic/chaotic and more on point.

NightTrain
08-05-2017, 10:12 AM
"Nutty" might not be the correct words, "ill chosen" phrase certainly fits though.

Bah! It was a perfectly humorous - and cutting - remark designed to get a chuckle AND neatly put Hellary back on defense of her shenanigans. I could feel the hate emanating from her after he popped off with that from here. It was brilliant.

No one in their right mind actually expected Putin to sit up in his chair after hearing it and start producing hacked Democrat emails. However, it did give moonbats and nevertrumpers obtusely ignoring the humor an excuse to engage in some good old fashioned faux outrage.

Nevermind that he never encouraged anyone to hack anyone - he said if the Russians have the 33,000 deleted emails to send it to us. Can't let facts get in the way of twisting his obvious joking while hammering her in a debate, right?

Kathianne
08-05-2017, 10:22 AM
Bah! It was a perfectly humorous - and cutting - remark designed to get a chuckle AND neatly put Hellary back on defense of her shenanigans. I could feel the hate emanating from her after he popped off with that from here. It was brilliant.

No one in their right mind actually expected Putin to sit up in his chair after hearing it and start producing hacked Democrat emails. However, it did give moonbats and nevertrumpers obtusely ignoring the humor an excuse to engage in some good old fashioned faux outrage.

Nevermind that he never encouraged anyone to hack anyone - he said if the Russians have the 33,000 deleted emails to send it to us. Can't let facts get in the way of twisting his obvious joking while hammering her in a debate, right?

It's fine that you see it that way. Others did not and do not, thus Trump's core remains more or less solid, but does not grow. Part of it is that these types of remarks continued after elected, then after inauguration. He is very well encouraged by the rallies which highlight the support of the core, like in W.VA, but the differences between 'strongly approve' and 'strongly disapprove' grow ever greater. Meanwhile, those 'approving' in general, continues to stagnate or fall. What worked for the core and got him elected, didn't work and isn't working for the rest. Perhaps more important, he didn't 'pull' others over the line, for the most part those that won the states he did, did so with more votes.

I don't think there's many that supported him or didn't that aren't in favor of 'draining the swamp.' In too many ways though, the swamp has not stopped and other symptoms have appeared that it's growing. The lack of ethics being key to it's existence and the new additions. I do think that Kelly and others see it, can counsel on it and appearances, if heeded.

NightTrain
08-05-2017, 10:50 AM
It's fine that you see it that way. Others did not and do not, thus Trump's core remains more or less solid, but does not grow.

That's cool; we'll just have to agree to disagree. We both knew we were in different camps back in the primaries. Honestly, though, when he made that zinger I actually laughed out loud. It was a perfect bit of showmanship and it was devastating to the Hildebeast.

Part of it is that these types of remarks continued after elected, then after inauguration. He is very well encouraged by the rallies which highlight the support of the core, like in W.VA, but the differences between 'strongly approve' and 'strongly disapprove' grow ever greater. Meanwhile, those 'approving' in general, continues to stagnate or fall. What worked for the core and got him elected, didn't work and isn't working for the rest. Perhaps more important, he didn't 'pull' others over the line, for the most part those that won the states he did, did so with more votes.

I still don't buy the pollster's results. IMO it's the same tactic they were using all the way through the campaign in an effort to engage negative groupthink which, unfortunately, is a very real thing in our society. Especially in the younger crowd. In my own experience, though, I'd estimate that about 60% of the people that were on the fence that I know are behind the President now. I will humbly submit that his popularity is stronger than ever, despite the polls saying otherwise.

And we know how accurate the polls were on November 7th.

I don't think there's many that supported him or didn't that aren't in favor of 'draining the swamp.' In too many ways though, the swamp has not stopped and other symptoms have appeared that it's growing. The lack of ethics being key to it's existence and the new additions. I do think that Kelly and others see it, can counsel on it and appearances, if heeded.

It's been rocky, but it's a very young administration experiencing growing pains. And he's not a seasoned politician - there's a lot to learn with enemies on both sides of the aisle for an outsider.

As I've said before, I think Kelly will do a fine job and I hope he can bring stability to the WH. And put an end to the infernal leaking by tossing a few of the unknown scumbags in prison with Session's help.

As far as draining the swamp, one large component to the swamp IMO is the mountains of regulations that are being eliminated at a blistering pace. There's progress being made, but we have to go looking for it due to the breathless media eager to promote bogus stories ad nauseam.

Kathianne
08-05-2017, 10:57 AM
That's cool; we'll just have to agree to disagree. We both knew we were in different camps back in the primaries. Honestly, though, when he made that zinger I actually laughed out loud. It was a perfect bit of showmanship and it was devastating to the Hildebeast.

I still don't buy the pollster's results. IMO it's the same tactic they were using all the way through the campaign in an effort to engage negative groupthink which, unfortunately, is a very real thing in our society. Especially in the younger crowd. In my own experience, though, I'd estimate that about 60% of the people that were on the fence that I know are behind the President now. I will humbly submit that his popularity is stronger than ever, despite the polls saying otherwise.

And we know how accurate the polls were on November 7th.

It's been rocky, but it's a very young administration experiencing growing pains. And he's not a seasoned politician - there's a lot to learn with enemies on both sides of the aisle for an outsider.

As I've said before, I think Kelly will do a fine job and I hope he can bring stability to the WH. And put an end to the infernal leaking by tossing a few of the unknown scumbags in prison with Session's help.

As far as draining the swamp, one large component to the swamp IMO is the mountains of regulations that are being eliminated at a blistering pace. There's progress being made, but we have to go looking for it due to the breathless media eager to promote bogus stories ad nauseam.

The regulations are the result of the swamp, the lobbies and special interest groups. Other things factor in such as outright corruption, likely what is going on behind the Wasserman Schultz and IT guys. Also more than a few hints of nepotism rising.

Black Diamond
08-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Nowhere near the same thing and you know it.

NightTrain
08-05-2017, 11:32 AM
The regulations are the result of the swamp, the lobbies and special interest groups. Other things factor in such as outright corruption, likely what is going on behind the Wasserman Schultz and IT guys. Also more than a few hints of nepotism rising.

Yes, of course the people make the swamp, and now that 70 people were suddenly confirmed to posts there's going to be more than a few 0bama leftovers exiting government. There may have been a couple of good apples in the bunch, but I don't trust any of them. I'm positive that the overwhelming majority of leaks - if not all - are from the leftovers eager to sabotage this Presidency to make the Messiah look better.

I don't like nepotism (except when it comes to me hiring my son on my jobs when I can) but if Jared and Ivanka bring strong talent to the table, I don't care. I want results and I don't care who Trump utilizes to get them.

Kathianne
08-05-2017, 11:43 AM
Yes, of course the people make the swamp, and now that 70 people were suddenly confirmed to posts there's going to be more than a few 0bama leftovers exiting government. There may have been a couple of good apples in the bunch, but I don't trust any of them. I'm positive that the overwhelming majority of leaks - if not all - are from the leftovers eager to sabotage this Presidency to make the Messiah look better.

I don't like nepotism (except when it comes to me hiring my son on my jobs when I can) but if Jared and Ivanka bring strong talent to the table, I don't care. I want results and I don't care who Trump utilizes to get them.

What's problematic with the Jared/Ivanka issues are the ethics problems. If I were a core person, I suppose my biggest issue would be that their domestic stances see far removed from conservative, they are NY people in the stereotypical sense. Kushner's 'expertise' seems to be that he's Jewish and then there are his or families wealth generators taken into account.

NightTrain
08-05-2017, 12:37 PM
What's problematic with the Jared/Ivanka issues are the ethics problems. If I were a core person, I suppose my biggest issue would be that their domestic stances see far removed from conservative, they are NY people in the stereotypical sense. Kushner's 'expertise' seems to be that he's Jewish and then there are his or families wealth generators taken into account.

Well, you assign your assets according to their strengths, right?

You wouldn't delegate General Mattis to fly down to Mexico to negotiate their paying for the wall; that's not his forte. You unleash Mad Dog to win wars, like he has been doing in defeating ISIS and making our military as lethal as possible.

Similarly, you wouldn't consult Jared with the question of adding more nuclear submarines to our Navy to counter China's subs. However, he does very well in the Israel arena and he is quite suitable for such duties.

Honestly, I don't know wtf Ivanka does. She's pretty easy on the eyes. :smoke:

Kathianne
08-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Well, you assign your assets according to their strengths, right?

You wouldn't delegate General Mattis to fly down to Mexico to negotiate their paying for the wall; that's not his forte. You unleash Mad Dog to win wars, like he has been doing in defeating ISIS and making our military as lethal as possible.

Similarly, you wouldn't consult Jared with the question of adding more nuclear submarines to our Navy to counter China's subs. However, he does very well in the Israel arena and he is quite suitable for such duties.

Honestly, I don't know wtf Ivanka does. She's pretty easy on the eyes. :smoke:

I think I hope you're quite right about Kushner, though it seems he's weighed in on more than Israel and I'm not sure that his being Jewish proves his qualifications. Time will tell.

The only things I've seen Ivanka do are write apologies to the left regarding her limited abilities to influence daddy on certain issues where they disagree. She does sit in and tweet reasonably on most events at the White House. I guess that's something.

aboutime
08-05-2017, 03:42 PM

rev. If you are as sure as the NEVER TRUMPERS, why don't you stay honest here, and present the FACTS? The honest facts YOU HAVE, that prove Trump asked Russia to do ANYTHING???

I will agree with everything you say if....YOU CAN PROVE IT.

Black Diamond
08-05-2017, 04:08 PM
rev. If you are as sure as the NEVER TRUMPERS, why don't you stay honest here, and present the FACTS? The honest facts YOU HAVE, that prove Trump asked Russia to do ANYTHING???

I will agree with everything you say if....YOU CAN PROVE IT.
Rev will show the video where trump said it. And swear that trump really means it. It's the quote or video leftists and never trumpers cling to.

Black Diamond
08-05-2017, 04:13 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/jul/27/donald-trump-russia-dnc-email-hack-video

here's the video where trump "tells russia to commit espionage"

revelarts
08-06-2017, 05:22 AM
the running joke then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFfdhhSX4RY

"By the way, if they hacked, they probably have her 33,000 emails.I hope they do," Trump said in that July news conference. "They probably have her 33,000 emails that she lost and deleted."

He added, "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you can find the 33,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

"But you have 33,000 emails deleted, and the real problem is what was said on those emails from the Democratic National Committee. You take look at what was said on those emails, it's disgraceful,"

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/874276197357596672/kUuht00m_normal.jpg

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)

If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!

12:16 PM - Jul 27, 2016 (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/758335147183788032)

Guess you're right BD, it is different, Water's seems to be asking Americans in gov't to expose gov't corruption and BSery that they know of as they work.
That IS different than hoping a foreign gov't has hacked federal officials and presidential campaigns for your own poltical benifit.