PDA

View Full Version : Ryan to GOP: If We Don't Do Our Jobs, Voters Won't Show Up in 2018

jimnyc
08-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Gabby has stated this, in much shorter words. And while she is right, it doesn't take a genius to recognize as much, about any party and if they do the job or not.

If the republicans don't do their job, the Dems will move in. And frightfully, maybe Pelosi too. But in the past few days I have actually read some rumbling about withing the Dem party not being happy with her.
---

Ryan to GOP: If We Don't Do Our Jobs, Voters Won't Show Up in 2018

House Majority Leader Paul Ryan warned the GOP Friday that if they don’t start fulfilling campaign promises voters won’t show up in 2018, threatening their majorities in the House and Senate.

“If we don’t do our job we will depress turnout,” Ryan said in an interview with the Wisconsin State Journal. “I am frustrated as well.”

Repealing and replacing Obamacare and tax reform are among the GOP’s major campaign promises.

He placed the blame on the Senate for the GOP's failures thus far.

“The problem isn’t having President Trump sign bills into law and it isn’t getting bills out of the House — the problem is getting these bills through the Senate,” Ryan said.

Rest here - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2017/08/04/ryan-to-gop-if-we-dont-do-our-jobs-voters-wont-show-up-in-2018-n2364664

Black Diamond
08-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Maybe he should meet with McCain and Collins.

PostmodernProphet
08-04-2017, 07:58 PM
If We Don't Do Our Jobs, Voters Won't Show Up in 2018 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?59885-Ryan-to-GOP-If-We-Don-t-Do-Our-Jobs-Voters-Won-t-Show-Up-in-2018)
amen.....

NightTrain
08-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Maybe he should meet with McCain and Collins.

And, I'm embarrassed to say, Murkowski from AK.

She's been a RINO from day 1 when her Dad left the Senate and appointed her to the seat. It was galling nepotism bullshit and we haven't been able to get rid of her since.

Gunny
08-06-2017, 05:17 PM
Maybe he should meet with McCain and Collins.With a hefty piece of lumber.

aboutime
08-06-2017, 07:30 PM
Republicans had EIGHT (8) years to get things done, and their GELDING feelings became WUSSIFIED in order to Not Offend the Democrats who really didn't care since they were OFFENDING the entire nation, with OBAMA'S help.

All of the RINO's in the House of Representatives, and the Senate should be worried about their POLITICAL Careers coming to an end in 2018. McCain, and the others don't care. GOOD or BAD health...they are all SET FOR LIFE, even if they get beat.

Black Diamond
08-06-2017, 07:32 PM
And, I'm embarrassed to say, Murkowski from AK.

She's been a RINO from day 1 when her Dad left the Senate and appointed her to the seat. It was galling nepotism bullshit and we haven't been able to get rid of her since.
I didn't realize murkowski was the third one.