PDA

View Full Version : Miami Is No Longer a Sanctuary City

jimnyc
08-08-2017, 11:42 AM
One down...

--

Miami Is No Longer a Sanctuary City

Miami is no longer a "sanctuary city" and has requested to be removed from an Obama-era list of cities that will not cooperate with immigration officials. In a letter from the Department of Justice, the DOJ confirmed that Miami-Dade County was now in compliance with section 1373 and would therefore be eligible to receive $481,347 in a Byrne JAG grant.

In late July, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced new policies that would strip federal money in the form of Byrne JAG grants from cities that act as "sanctuary cities" for illegal immigrants. This letter confirms that Miami is the first large city to successfully shift from being a "sanctuary city."

Rest here - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2017/08/08/miami-is-no-longer-a-sanctuary-city-n2365669

High_Plains_Drifter
08-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Ya know... I don't understand this term "illegal immigrant," and "undocumented immigrant" is even worse. Now to be fair, I do realize both terms were concocted by the left in their PC name change game to warm and fuzzy up their pets.

First of all, to be an immigrant in America, you have to be here legally and going through the immigration process. If you are not here legally you are a criminal, and if you weren't born here, then you are an alien. These aren't my personal opinions, these are the legal terms used by government agencies. So, if you're here illegally, and you weren't born here, you are an illegal alien, point blank, and it doesn't get any more accurate than that.

So there's no such thing as an "illegal immigrant," or an "undocumented immigrant." Both terms are an oxymoron.

Abbey Marie
08-09-2017, 10:55 PM
If Trump understands anything, it is that money talks.