PDA

View Full Version : Because Libs are f'ing mental midgets: more tax = fewer sales. Philly is the worst.

darin
08-09-2017, 12:40 AM
I swear to all that is holy the people of Philly DESERVE whatever revenue and job loss they bring upon themselves for electing such fools to "lead" them.

Here's how a liberal's mentally-unstable thought process goes:

"Hey! We think people shouldn't consume something, so lets tax the every-living SHIT out of it!! YEAH!!! Since people buy so much of that thing, we will steal SO MUCH MONEY from them as they pay our tax! We PROMISE whatever money we get we will spend "On the children!' If you HATE children, oppose this tax"

The sheeple cheer! The liberals pat themselves on their stupid backs...

Uh-oh.

The 'People' now simply drive outside the tax-zone to buy their 'thing' And while there they buy the rest of their groceries...Now Govt theft (taxes) are down, and business are losing income because people who used to buy ALL their shit at the store are now buying their shit at places where that stupid tax isn't applied.

AND to top it off, less than HALF of the money they promised 'for the children' actually GETS to 'the children'. I hate cities. I hate liberal hubs of commerce and law. They are ALL bullshit. They are all 'The Capitol' - dystopian collection of fascist freedom-haters who wish only to steal from the poor and give their money to the rich and powerful - WHILE making sure the poor are stupid enough to keep voting them back into power.

http://freebeacon.com/culture/study-philadelphia-tax-makes-soda-expensive-beer/

The study finds that the tax is 24 times higher than the Pennsylvania tax rate on beer.

"Purchases of beer are also now less expensive than nonalcoholic beverages subject to the tax in the city," according to the study, written by Courtney Shupert and Scott Drenkard. "Empirical evidence from a 2012 journal article suggests that soda taxes can push consumers to alcohol, meaning it is likely the case that consumers are switching to alcoholic beverages as a result of the tax. The paper, aptly titled From Coke to Coors, further shows that switching from soda to beer increases total caloric intake, even as soda taxes are generally aimed at caloric reduction."

"[T]he tax was originally promoted as a vehicle to raise funds for prekindergarten education, but in practice it awards just 49 percent of the soda tax revenues to local pre-K programs," Shupert and Drenkard write. "Another 20 percent of the soda tax revenues fund government employee benefits or city programs, while the rest of the money will go towards parks, libraries, and community schools."

Earlier this year PepsiCo announced it was laying off up to 100 workers because of the tax, which the company blames for costing a 43 percent drop in business.

"Furthermore, soda taxes are regressive, hurting low-income earners the most. Philadelphia's experience serves as a cautionary tale for other areas weighing similar beverage taxes," the group said.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-09-2017, 05:41 AM
I swear to all that is holy the people of Philly DESERVE whatever revenue and job loss they bring upon themselves for electing such fools to "lead" them.

Here's how a liberal's mentally-unstable thought process goes:

"Hey! We think people shouldn't consume something, so lets tax the every-living SHIT out of it!! YEAH!!! Since people buy so much of that thing, we will steal SO MUCH MONEY from them as they pay our tax! We PROMISE whatever money we get we will spend "On the children!' If you HATE children, oppose this tax"

The sheeple cheer! The liberals pat themselves on their stupid backs...

Uh-oh.

The 'People' now simply drive outside the tax-zone to buy their 'thing' And while there they buy the rest of their groceries...Now Govt theft (taxes) are down, and business are losing income because people who used to buy ALL their shit at the store are now buying their shit at places where that stupid tax isn't applied.

AND to top it off, less than HALF of the money they promised 'for the children' actually GETS to 'the children'. I hate cities. I hate liberal hubs of commerce and law. They are ALL bullshit. They are all 'The Capitol' - dystopian collection of fascist freedom-haters who wish only to steal from the poor and give their money to the rich and powerful - WHILE making sure the poor are stupid enough to keep voting them back into power.

http://freebeacon.com/culture/study-philadelphia-tax-makes-soda-expensive-beer/

And if all their massive stupidity were not enough to make one despise them( modern day liberals), then their off the chart arrogance and egotism is, IMHO.
When I have had face to face debate with any of them over the years, they end up running away in a huff ......--
Truth destroys them every time..
As their political ideology is based upon an ever expanding pack of lies.. -TYR