PDA

View Full Version : We'll always be nearly brothers (open letter to the American people from Russia)

Alex V. Fomenko
08-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Yes, oddly enough, at the moment of another unprecedented round of escalation between our states, I must sign the following: we are more alike than different. We are almost the reflection of each other. Of course, we have different production culture and many other objective (well-known) differences. And I will not dwell on genealogy: Norman roots, which we all got, about the kinship of the first Prince of Russia Rurik and the Anglo-American elite, etc. I want to focus on who we are. We are «MARGINAL EUROPEANS», located on the opposite outskirts of the European world, and opposites are known to converge.
Our mentalities are close. Our countries have much in common: slavery and serfdom in the past, a huge impact of criminals (a large percentage of the population passing through the jail and proud of it), we have "the Russian idea", you have "the American dream"...
In Russia is very popular "chanson" - a song with the criminal themes of a romantic nature, also rap is popular. But rap and «chanson», in fact, are the twin-brothers with a criminal background, only one is «black», and in the modern Russia at the same time coexisting. Influence of precriminal subcultures in both countries are enormous. A characteristic feature is a hooligan and alcoholic bravado, when outrages are proud of, a criminal past is in high esteem in the referent group. If you encounter YouTube videos with different tricks with swearing it becomes clear in advance: this is either the Russians or the Americans. Situations are similar and different from the same in South America, where gangs in Brazil, Mexico, etc. come into direct clashes with the army: in Russia and the USA the state is strong and underworld has got its cultural niche.
Historically the outlying states of the European culture, Russia and the United States always wanted a rematch in European Affairs. In the literature and cinema of both countries about the 19th century permeates servile attitude to the culture and fashion of Europe (endless "how are things in Paris (London, Berlin)?" and the resentful response: "we are also here weren't born yesterday!"). But this Freudian "inferiority complex" has made both of us in the twentieth century the Great Nations. And when someone talks about Russians or Americans that «they are fools», and it happens all the time: no one is indifferent to the Russians and the Americans! There are two answers: fools are not able to launch the Shuttles, fools do not run «Buran» (Russian Shuttle), etc.
So, friends, let us reduce the degree of tension (at least in the Internet), to understand our similarities and to "fight for peace in the world", as they say in Russia!

High_Plains_Drifter
08-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Yes, oddly enough, at the moment of another unprecedented round of escalation between our states, I must sign the following: we are more alike than different. We are almost the reflection of each other. Of course, we have different production culture and many other objective (well-known) differences. And I will not dwell on genealogy: Norman roots, which we all got, about the kinship of the first Prince of Russia Rurik and the Anglo-American elite, etc. I want to focus on who we are. We are «MARGINAL EUROPEANS», located on the opposite outskirts of the European world, and opposites are known to converge.
Our mentalities are close. Our countries have much in common: slavery and serfdom in the past, a huge impact of criminals (a large percentage of the population passing through the jail and proud of it), we have "the Russian idea", you have "the American dream"...
In Russia is very popular "chanson" - a song with the criminal themes of a romantic nature, also rap is popular. But rap and «chanson», in fact, are the twin-brothers with a criminal background, only one is «black», and in the modern Russia at the same time coexisting. Influence of precriminal subcultures in both countries are enormous. A characteristic feature is a hooligan and alcoholic bravado, when outrages are proud of, a criminal past is in high esteem in the referent group. If you encounter YouTube videos with different tricks with swearing it becomes clear in advance: this is either the Russians or the Americans. Situations are similar and different from the same in South America, where gangs in Brazil, Mexico, etc. come into direct clashes with the army: in Russia and the USA the state is strong and underworld has got its cultural niche.
Historically the outlying states of the European culture, Russia and the United States always wanted a rematch in European Affairs. In the literature and cinema of both countries about the 19th century permeates servile attitude to the culture and fashion of Europe (endless "how are things in Paris (London, Berlin)?" and the resentful response: "we are also here weren't born yesterday!"). But this Freudian "inferiority complex" has made both of us in the twentieth century the Great Nations. And when someone talks about Russians or Americans that «they are fools», and it happens all the time: no one is indifferent to the Russians and the Americans! There are two answers: fools are not able to launch the Shuttles, fools do not run «Buran» (Russian Shuttle), etc.
So, friends, let us reduce the degree of tension (at least in the Internet), to understand our similarities and to "fight for peace in the world", as they say in Russia!
I give you credit for writing that, even though the translator you used, and there really are no good ones, probably didn't get across 100% of your meanings.

But yes, America and Russia fought together in WWII to defeat the Nazi's. Too bad we had to get into a cold war and arms race after that. But I don't think there's that many Americans that have a real problem with Russia, and our nations have much to gain having friendly relations than not. I have friends that have been to Russia and loved it. One in a band that played there and sent me a picture of him standing in Red Square. I would actually like to visit Russia someday myself.

So no "tension" here from me, and believe me, this entire "our president colluded with the Russians to win the election" story is pure HORSE SHIT. I don't believe a word of it. But, I'm not naive enough to believe that nations don't meddle in other nations affairs secretly, we ALL do it, that's just the way it is.