PDA

View Full Version : No more summer

Abbey Marie
08-11-2017, 09:08 AM
I am daydreaming of colorful leaves, cool crisp days, blue blue skies, moondances, and hot apple cider.

Sigh.

michiganFats
08-11-2017, 09:09 AM
I am daydreaming of colorful leaves, cool crisp days, blue blue skies, moondances, and hot apple cider.

Sigh.

And football. And hockey.

Abbey Marie
08-11-2017, 09:10 AM
And football. And hockey.

How could I forget fantasy football? :thumb:

michiganFats
08-11-2017, 09:21 AM

I've been waiting for autumn too. This summer was alright I guess but it was kind of 'bleh'. My neighborhood is about done gentrifying and we've got some things planned for the fall and the Red Wings just built a new arena and I have season tickets so I've got that to look forward to. Now all we need is a good team (fingers crossed).

High_Plains_Drifter
08-11-2017, 09:40 AM
Packers played Philadelphia in preseason last night, won 24 to 7.

I love Fall too. It's my favorite time of year. After a long hot, humid, oppressive summer, those cooler, dry, crisp and clear, long sleeve shirt days are very, very welcome.

jimnyc
08-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Steelers are already in New Jersey!! They play the Giants this evening!!

Barely any starters though, but it's football!!!

michiganFats
08-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Disclaimer: My thanks of the previous post from High Plains Drifter should in no way be construed as an endorsement of that dirty little collection of ankle-biters commonly known as the Green Bay Packers.

Kathianne
08-11-2017, 09:56 AM

Sigh.
:laugh2:

NightTrain
08-11-2017, 10:22 AM

Sigh.

No signs of yellowing leaves yet here, so you've still got some time.

Bilgerat
08-11-2017, 11:24 AM
Ah yes, summer is indeed done.

The Lady has started her School Activities, this week was "set up", next will bring the little darlings.

In case you missed me, I spent the last three days in Pahokee with the R/V. Wi-Fi was NOT as advertised so I was unable to chat.

As for leaves turning colors, not here. IT'S HOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpktBGInl60

High_Plains_Drifter
08-11-2017, 12:14 PM
Disclaimer: My thanks of the previous post from High Plains Drifter should in no way be construed as an endorsement of that dirty little collection of ankle-biters commonly known as the Green Bay Packers.
........................ :pieface:.................... :carryon: ...................... :laugh:

gabosaurus
08-11-2017, 05:55 PM
In California, we believe in the notion of Endless Summer. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGe7xxMX4pg

NightTrain
08-11-2017, 07:34 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGe7xxMX4pg

But what do you believe there in Texas?

NightTrain
08-13-2017, 08:13 AM
Well, the timing of this is pretty spooky. Yesterday the leaves along the river started turning yellow....

Winter is coming, fast.

Kathianne
08-13-2017, 08:16 AM
Well, the timing of this is pretty spooky. Yesterday the leaves along the river started turning yellow....

Winter is coming, fast.

You're a jinx! :laugh2:

gabosaurus
08-13-2017, 10:54 AM
But what do you believe there in Texas?

If I lived in Texas, I would believe the same thing as I do here. That you live in Alaska. Therefore, your opinions and viewpoints are irrelevant. :slap:

gabosaurus
08-13-2017, 10:58 AM
PROOF that is is still summer, and will remain such for quite some time to come:

I took my dad to the Dodgers game last night. They won, 6-3, and continue their march to the 2017 World Series. The Fall Classic. :cheers2:

NightTrain
08-16-2017, 08:48 PM
If I lived in Texas, I would believe the same thing as I do here. That you live in Alaska. Therefore, your opinions and viewpoints are irrelevant. :slap:

You live in Pasadena, Texas. Right outside of Houston and your internet is residential AT&T U-Verse, dork.

Your hostname suffix is : lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net

See the part after 'lightspeed'? Yeah, that abbreviation spells it out : hstntx = Houston, TX. Beyond that, the IP Tracker gives a map of where that ISP reports from. Pasadena, TX.

You've really got mental issues to continue to lie about living in California... as if that would give you any sort of credibility or something.

Would you like to see the full report and then try to continue this bizarre little charade you clumsily try to play?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-17-2017, 07:29 AM
..................... :popcorn:

Gunny
08-17-2017, 12:13 PM
We're running on another string of over-100 days. Summer's nowhere near over. I look in the closet at my jeans and they're like "Remember us?" Yeah. I think I wear you every Jan and Feb :).

Elessar
08-17-2017, 01:29 PM

You add to the misconception that California only exists between Santa Barbara and San Diego,
only going 40 miles inland.

It gets PLENTY wintery along the Sierra Nevada and Cascades across the eastern part of the state.

Black Diamond
08-17-2017, 01:33 PM
You add to the misconception that California only exists between Santa Barbara and San Diego,

It gets PLENTY wintery along the Sierra Nevada and Cascades across the eastern part of the state.
Yeah I remember driving from San Diego to Tucson. The elevation went from sea level to 5000 feet to sea level in about 80 miles. :).

Temps went from 75 to 55 to 95.

aboutime
08-17-2017, 02:20 PM
91 degree's right now. 15:17 EDT in Virginia. We've had so much rain, it reminds me of PANAMA, and the rain forest of daily, non-stop buckets. GRASS HIGHER THAN ELEPHANTS EYE...AT THIS POINT.

Gunny
08-17-2017, 02:28 PM

It gets PLENTY wintery along the Sierra Nevada and Cascades across the eastern part of the state.Yeah. Try being stationed in 29 Palms in the Hi Desert. No San Diego weather there.

Elessar
08-17-2017, 07:00 PM
Yeah. Try being stationed in 29 Palms in the Hi Desert. No San Diego weather there.

I went up in the Sierra's early winter and early spring. Spring, the roads were still closed due to snow
in the high passes.

Gunny
08-17-2017, 07:08 PM
I went up in the Sierra's early winter and early spring. Spring, the roads were still closed due to snow
in the high passes.But see, THAT was idea of snow. When I was in San Diego and Camp Pendleton we could drive up Mt San Jacinto, let the rug rats play in the snow, then go back where it was warm :).

Gunny
08-17-2017, 07:52 PM
Remember when no more summer meant no more summer replacement shows/reruns? A tv "season" is now about 6 weeks and don't care what season it is.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-17-2017, 08:01 PM

I can attest to that. First year I moved to Reno we had the winter of hundred years they said. California is only 5 miles away...

My apartment parking in Reno... 2004...

https://image.ibb.co/mKbTuv/20015.jpg