PDA

View Full Version : Special Tribute to mothers, greatest of love they joyously share with their children

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
08-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Knowing She Sees How Deeply She Is Missed
(Tribute To That Greatest Of Love, A Mother's)

Blue-cold morns rising to light a fire
mother, cooked on wood stove truly ancient.
She out of sweetest of love's truest desire
provided nourishing food so patient.

Not asking praise for her unselfish deeds
washing dirty clothes in an old wash-pan.
By love's examples she planted new seeds
windy-flames of reliance such did fan.

Now time, with its many decades have flown
beloved mom, passed on to her reward.
We, her thriving huge brood, are now all grown,
feel her love and know why she worked so hard.

Knowing she sees how deeply she is missed
we thank her, each beloved face she kissed.

Robert J. Lindley, 8-11-2017
SONNET, (Tribute to our mother and to mothers everywhere, THAT SACRIFICE WITH THE DEEPEST OF UNSELFISH LOVE FOR THEIR CHILDREN)

I started this poem back in May, 2017. I finished the last two verses this morn.
Hesitant to post because I feel it is not worthy enough but alas (!), I also know with my meager writing talent , I can do no better.
Thus, with my wife's prodding, I post and pray it is deem worthy as a tribute by all that read and love ever so dearly their own wonderful and loving mothers!

jimnyc
08-11-2017, 12:10 PM
I started this poem back in May, 2017. I finished the last two verses this morn.
Hesitant to post because I feel it is not worthy enough but alas (!), I also know with my meager writing talent , I can do no better.
Thus, with my wife's prodding, I post and pray it is deem worthy as a tribute by all that read and love ever so dearly their own wonderful and loving mothers!

I thought it was fantastic, my friend. It's not only very well written, but I think we know where you are coming from, and where you are, at least I do. And this is really from the heart.

And she does in fact know how much she is missed, and will know more and more as you write about such things and talk about them. And I truly truly believe that all of our Mom's would want to see us sharing, posting, trying to be happy again.

She knows.