PDA

View Full Version : Explosives from Iran weakening security in Iraq, commander says

nevadamedic
08-09-2007, 12:55 AM
Story Highlights

NEW: Shiite cells targeted, better vehicles sought as defense against EFPs
Weapons, money from Iran are being used in Iraq fight, U.S. commander says
Iran has denied being involved in promoting insurgent activity
United States and Iran have been meeting in Iraq to discuss security

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/08/08/us.iran.weapons/index.html

I don't see what the hold up is, we need to start targeting Iran if we ever want this war to be over. They are the cause of the majority of our problems in this war. If we launch a couple massive air strikes against them it might give them a wake up call. It will show them that we are not putting up with their bullshit anymore. I am sure they would back down really fast.:salute:

red states rule
08-09-2007, 05:06 AM
and what questions do the liberal media ask when it comes to what is happeening in Iraq?

CNN's Phillips to Iraq Commander Odierno: Is Your Job Career Suicide?
By Mark Finkelstein | August 8, 2007 - 16:28 ET
The day after Barry Bonds set a dubious record, CNN's Kyra Phillips [file photo] might have set one of her own. Rather than "Career Home Runs," file this one under "Tasteless and Inappropriate Questions Posed to a Soldier in a War Zone."

At about 3:40 P.M. EDT on this afternoon's CNN Newsroom, co-anchor Phillips was interviewing Lt. General Raymond Odierno, the MNF second-in-command in Iraq.

CNN Anchor Kyra Phillips: You know there's been a lot of shifting around in positions, a lot of positions lost, key positions. Do you think that this job that you've taken on could be career suicide?

LT. GEN. RAYMOND ODIERNO: Oh, I don't worry about that. All I care about is getting the mission done. As long as I feel comfortable with what I'm doing, as long as I feel comfortable that we're doing the right thing, that's all that really counts, and that's what I expect the American people would expect.

Good on the general for his even-keeled response. Shame on Phillips for asking a question that served no purpose other than to seek to discomfit a member of the US military serving in a war zone.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-finkelstein/2007/08/08/cnns-phillips-iraq-commander-odierno-your-job-career-suicide