PDA

View Full Version : Productive Saturday Morning!

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Sometimes it seems on Fridays I just lounge about, take a nap. The most I got done yesterday was running to the market and cleaning the inside of my car. I was going to run to the car wash, but alas it looked like rain moving in, so it did.

This morning I got the the car wash by 7:15, in spite of the clouds building up again. Vacuumed it out, they got this cool air jet that gets everything loosened up for the vac and also blasts stuff from the chair runners and underneath the seats. I know, I'm easily satisfied. I get in line to pay and the guy says, "You can come in anytime in the next 5 days if you want. The monsoons bite." Cool.

Headed for Camp Verde, a nice 1/2 hour drive for the farmer's market. Picked up some really nice heirloom tomatoes for Caprese Salad, they even had buffalo mozzarella, from local dairy ranch. Got a couple gourmet condiments for gifts and headed back to town. Got new windshield wipers, they only last about 6 months in this heat and sandy windstorms.

Picked up a carton of habit at the local Indian Reservation, then went to Old Towne for some really good olive oil. Usually get basil infused, but this time thought I'd try the Herbes de Provence. They make it locally, along with fudge. I was good, didn't even sample the fudge, I know I would have bought some.

All this, it's 11am. Other than some applications, I think I'm done for the day. LOL!

SassyLady
08-14-2017, 01:21 AM
Gee ... the only thing I accomplished on Saturday was playing some ChickenFoot (dominoes) with a friend and grocery shopping.

darin
08-14-2017, 03:23 AM
awesome :) I love these little tidbits about our board-family's life :)

jimnyc
08-15-2017, 12:57 PM
Sounds almost identical to a Saturday morn for my wife!

If me it would be:

1. Sleep in

Abbey Marie
08-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Saturday I can't remember. I think we helped our daughter look for a new car.

Yesterday I took Tylenol and literally crawled upstairs on hands and knees. The hip is that painful now. Super.

I did read a lot and I did brew coffee. Some things simply must be accomplished.

:coffee:

High_Plains_Drifter
08-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Saturday I can't remember. I think we helped our daughter look for a new car.

Yesterday I took Tylenol and literally crawled upstairs on hands and knees. The hip is that painful now. Super.

I did read a lot and I did brew coffee. Some things simply must be accomplished.

:coffee:
Speaking of new car, I recently bought a 'new to me' truck. I had a 2011 Chevy Tahoe LT that I liked just fine, but had a suspicion it had a problem. One morning I went out, got in it to go the hardware store and nothing, some lights and clicking, wouldn't even turn over, and they had put a new battery in it. Now for a 2011 vehicle with only 53,000 miles on it to have a static drain problem bad enough to drain the battery to where it won't start, well, I'm not going to have it, not to mention dollar signs were flashing all over in my head paying to have the shop chase down the problem, which they may or may not be able to do. So, online to the local Chevy dealer and almost IMMEDIATELY spotted a truck that I just DROOLED over. I called them about it, put a $500 deposit on it to hold it until the next day. Cleaned out my Tahoe, drove up to the Chevy dealer and bought the truck on the spot. A 2015, Chevy, 2500HD, Z71, LTZ, 4X4, pitch black with only 20,300 miles on it. I absolutely LOVE the truck, it's a beast with every conceivable option, even seat A/C, collision alert, went off on me already, lane deviation alert... on and on... but can you say "BIG TIME IN DEBT?" ... :laugh: ... my God, they don't give these away... wow... but added 5 more years of factory warranty on it which wasn't cheap either, but I thought smart...

https://image.ibb.co/mCyapv/20170601_133312.jpg