PDA

View Full Version : Car Plows Into Counter Protesters In Virginia

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 02:58 PM
This 'march' to save Confederate symbols was wrong from the get go. It wasn't folks that wanted to preserve historical artifacts, but what is now called, "Alt-Right" meaning wanna be white supremacists/KKK types.

Not so shockingly, more people turned out to say they 'didn't agree,' meaning with their white supremacist views, not necessarily against saving history. The alt-right were effectively silenced, so someone decided to drive their car into the counter protesters.

So, at least 6 injured, 1 dead, 1 arrested.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 03:22 PM
This 'march' to save Confederate symbols was wrong from the get go. It wasn't folks that wanted to preserve historical artifacts, but what is now called, "Alt-Right" meaning wanna be white supremacists/KKK types.

Not so shockingly, more people turned out to say they 'didn't agree,' meaning with their white supremacist views, not necessarily against saving history. The alt-right were effectively silenced, so someone decided to drive their car into the counter protesters.

Now it's reported that 19 are injured, so far only 1 died. One still arrested.

pete311
08-12-2017, 03:46 PM
So sad. What a waste. Humans are dumb.

pete311
08-12-2017, 05:17 PM
All the alt righters on this board are silent. Must be at the protest. Who here was in the car?

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Now it's 2 dead.

pete311
08-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Tiki torches made in china. These guys are such tools. Tiki torches lol!!!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10773&stc=1

pete311
08-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Here's a good one!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10774&stc=1

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Tiki torches made in china. These guys are such tools. Tiki torches lol!!!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10773&stc=1

Started last night. These were not good people.

Neither were all the counter demonstrators, antifa was there as was BLM, they too wanted violence. City manager and police chief now way more than 20 injured and 3 fatalities.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 05:51 PM
It's unclear if the 2 added fatalities were from the car or from a Sheriff's helicopter that went down in the vicinity. From what I've read, it's unclear whether or not the helicopter was related to the protests at all.

The police have confirmed they are charging the arrested person with intentional homicide.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 06:03 PM
But had it been a BLM march, that would have been ok.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 06:06 PM

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?59945-Car-Plows-Into-Counter-Protesters-In-Virginia&p=875141#post875141

...Neither were all the counter demonstrators, antifa was there as was BLM, they too wanted violence...

jimnyc
08-12-2017, 06:09 PM
All the alt righters on this board are silent. Must be at the protest. Who here was in the car?

Who are the "alt righters" on this board?

And folks that are burning torches, racists, running folks down - NOT anything to do with politics and speaking for anyone else.

Oh, and my silence was because I have a nasty migraine headache today. I threw up like an hour ago, which actually always brings relief to my migraines. But here I am. Sorry I was sick!!

The racists torch burners and folks there looking for violence are scumbags.

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 06:30 PM

We've got two groups of extremists in this country who don't like each other very much. I hate to say it but I think we'd better get used to higher death tolls resulting from these confrontations. Sooner or later someone is going to use a car bomb.

I never heard the expression Alt-Right until the campaign last year in reference to Bannon. I'm still not sure exactly what or who they are but whatever you think of them the Governor didn't exactly help in this situation by blowing their little gathering all out of proportion.

pete311
08-12-2017, 06:53 PM

No, you would have seen police tanks

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 06:54 PM
We've got two groups of extremists in this country who don't like each other very much. I hate to say it but I think we'd better get used to higher death tolls resulting from these confrontations. Sooner or later someone is going to use a car bomb.

I never heard the expression Alt-Right until the campaign last year in reference to Bannon. I'm still not sure exactly what or who they are but whatever you think of them the Governor didn't exactly help in this situation by blowing their little gathering all out of proportion.

It wasn't 'little,' but I agree the governor, along with all the coverage is minimizing the violence from the counter demonstrators. Haters of all colors and creeds should be called out.

Nearly all 'alt-right' are pro-Trump. Not most of the pro-Trump are 'alt-right.' Same in reverse, nearly all BLM and antifa are liberals or anarchists, not all liberals are either.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 06:58 PM
It gets very tiresome that every time a WHITE group has a rally, which they had a permit for and is protected under the constitution, they are immediately condemned. White people can't be proud of being white, white people can't be proud of their heritage, white people can't be proud of their history, white people are the only people that can be RACIST... that gets SOOOOOO old.

Just exactly what does NAACP stand for? Well, National Association for the ADVANCEMENT of BLACK people. Tell me what the difference between them and the KKK is? What is it? They are BOTH groups that are working for one race, their own. But only the white group is racist, not the black. This double standard is in your face, and it's TIRESOME.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:03 PM
It gets very tiresome that every time a WHITE group has a rally, which they had a permit for and is protected under the constitution, they are immediately condemned. White people can't be proud of being white, white people can't be proud of their heritage, white people can't be proud of their history, white people are the only people that can be RACIST... that gets SOOOOOO old.

Just exactly what does NAACP stand for? Well, National Association for the ADVANCEMENT of BLACK people. Tell me what the difference between them and the KKK is? What is it? They are BOTH groups that are working for one race, their own. But only the white group is racist, not the black. This double standard is in your face, and it's TIRESOME.

The permit was rescinded by the city, for cause. They weren't being 'proud' nor were they making cogent arguments for historical artifacts. They were yelling hate and acting intimidating. Then the 'counter-demonstrators' showed up.

I'm all for court cases against affirmative action; favoritism towards women/minorities-except Asians. However, there's a world of difference between hate groups and pro-whatever. Those marching last night and today, were not peaceful, they were yelling hate.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:05 PM
1 killed by car, the other two on helicopter that crashed.

5 people from the car are in critical condition.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:08 PM
Best article I've read so far: http://www.startribune.com/hundreds-face-off-ahead-of-white-nationalist-rally/440036383/

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:09 PM
It wasn't 'little,' but I agree the governor, along with all the coverage is minimizing the violence from the counter demonstrators. Haters of all colors and creeds should be called out.

Nearly all 'alt-right' are pro-Trump. Not most of the pro-Trump are 'alt-right.' Same in reverse, nearly all BLM and antifa are liberals or anarchists, not all liberals are either.
What is this 'alt-right' stuff... who are they?

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 07:09 PM

The Governor is entitled to his opinion but I think he made a big mistake. If he thought this would get violent enough to justify a Guard deployment then he should have cancelled their rally. It was within his power.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:10 PM
The Governor is entitled to his opinion but I think he made a big mistake. If he thought this would get violent enough to justify a Guard deployment then he should have cancelled their rally. It was within his power.

It was, likely from the mayor. They rescinded the permit before.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:11 PM
The permit was rescinded by the city, for cause. They weren't being 'proud' nor were they making cogent arguments for historical artifacts. They were yelling hate and acting intimidating. Then the 'counter-demonstrators' showed up.

I'm all for court cases against affirmative action; favoritism towards women/minorities-except Asians. However, there's a world of difference between hate groups and pro-whatever. Those marching last night and today, were not peaceful, they were yelling hate.
I've been watching the news... I haven't heard their permit was pulled, but I'm sure, once again, it was ONLY the WHITE people yelling anything HATEFUL and acting INTIMIDATING... ya... I got it... only the pro WHITE PEOPLE... again.

Takes two to tango, Kathy...

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Link?

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:13 PM
What is this 'alt-right' stuff... who are they?

Pro-white supremacists. White crazies answer to the New Black Panthers I guess.

One should be fine with whatever color they were born with; whatever religion they were raised with or chose or none at all; whatever money you have or don't have.

What you have doesn't make me more or less. Vice versa.

I'm against haters, whatever their self justification. The angrier they are, the more they are whiners and snowflakes.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:15 PM
Link?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/charlottesville-readies-for-a-white-nationalist-rally-on-saturday/2017/08/10/cff4786e-7c49-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html?utm_term=.7761169b94ee

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Pro-white supremacists. White crazies answer to the New Black Panthers I guess.

One should be fine with whatever color they were born with; whatever religion they were raised with or chose or none at all; whatever money you have or don't have.

What you have doesn't make me more or less. Vice versa.

I'm against haters, whatever their self justification. The angrier they are, the more they are whiners and snowflakes.
So according gabasorous, this board is full of ALT-RIGHT?

And what exactly is wrong with being pro-white? If there's nothing wrong with being pro-BLACK, then what on earth is wrong with being pro-white?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:17 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/charlottesville-readies-for-a-white-nationalist-rally-on-saturday/2017/08/10/cff4786e-7c49-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html?utm_term=.7761169b94ee
Well, two things right off the bat, I can't read the washpo because they want you to SIGN UP to read their website, and two, it's ALT-LEFT and filled with garbage.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:17 PM
So according gabasorous, this board is full of ALT-RIGHT?

And what exactly is wrong with being pro-white? If there's nothing wrong with being pro-BLACK, then what on earth is wrong with being pro-white?

I'm not Gabby.

No, not everyone here is out to keep White Power or regain it or something.

Not everyone here is a hater.

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 07:18 PM

That's not what I'm seeing reported. The city tried to move the rally to a park further away from the city center but the organizers sued and won. The rally was broken up by police after violence between the rally goers and antifa broke out. I've read nothing so far about the permit being rescinded.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm not Gabby.

No, not everyone here is out to keep White Power or regain it or something.

Not everyone here is a hater.
Not everyone?

Who is?

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:19 PM
Well, two things right off the bat, I can't read the washpo because they want you to SIGN UP to read their website, and two, it's ALT-LEFT and filled with garbage.
:laugh2:

I'm pretty sure that when it comes to permits issued and rescinded, even WaPo can get it right.

Since you have a problem with the source, do your own search. If you need help, just ask.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:20 PM
Not everyone?

Who is?

Beats me. Guess you'll have to make your own conclusions.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:20 PM
I'm pretty sure that when it comes to permits issued and rescinded, even WaPo can get it right.
I wouldn't bet on it.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:21 PM
Beats me. Guess you'll have to make your own conclusions.
Well you said "not everyone." Sounded like you knew...

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:23 PM
That's not what I'm seeing reported. The city tried to move the rally to a park further away from the city center but the organizers sued and won. The rally was broken up by police after violence between the rally goers and antifa broke out. I've read nothing so far about the permit being rescinded.

...The two organizations filed suit against Charlottesville on Thursday in the Federal District Court for the Western District of Virginia, saying that the city violated Kessler’s constitutional rights when it revoked the permit for his rally at Emancipation Park...

I don't know if it wasn't ruled on or they were ruled against, but saying it's wrong, doesn't make it so.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:25 PM
I don't know if it wasn't ruled on or they were ruled against, but saying it's wrong, doesn't make it so.
And that's from the washpo... the same ones that claim NOKO has 30 to 60 nuclear bombs, and lists sources that when checked either do not say that, or say have less than 10.

I'll pass on the validity of anything from that HACK leftist website.

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 07:28 PM

But it clearly is wrong. The same article clearly states the city wanted to move the rally, not cancel it. WaPo shouldn't have used the word 'revoked' because that's not what the city did.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:30 PM
And that's from the washpo... the same ones that claim NOKO has 30 to 60 nuclear bombs, and lists sources that when checked either do not say that, or say have less than 10.

I'll pass on the validity of anything from that HACK leftist website.

Your call. :laugh2: Maybe you can find something on Infowars or some other reasonable site.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:32 PM
But it clearly is wrong. The same article clearly states the city wanted to move the rally, not cancel it. WaPo shouldn't have used the word 'revoked' because that's not what the city did.

Not exactly. When you won't abide by what is needed for safety or some other reasonable reason, you don't get your permit.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Your call. Maybe you can find something on Infowars or some other reasonable site.
Sorry, Kath... I don't read that, or WND, or any other hack extremist site... like the washington post... ahem... :rolleyes:

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Not exactly. When you won't abide by what is needed for safety or some other reasonable reason, you don't get your permit.
Then the major should have known better than to allow SOROS funded ANTIFA to show up.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:41 PM
Then the major should have known better than to allow SOROS funded ANTIFA to show up.

There is nothing I said that would disagree with that.

This is not a political argument, these folks are all haters, itching to bash one another. I am against all of them.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 08:03 PM
There is nothing I said that would disagree with that.

This is not a political argument, these folks are all haters, itching to bash one another. I am against all of them.
And I would agree with that sentiment 100%

Word is the driver has now been identified as an ANTIFA member... Alex Fields... paid Soros anarchist and fascist.

Look for the left to quickly go into damage control mode and deflect onto some new way to blame president Trump and conservatives.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 08:16 PM
And I would agree with that sentiment 100%

Word is the driver has now been identified as an ANTIFA member... Alex Fields... paid Soros anarchist and fascist.

Look for the left to quickly go into damage control mode and deflect onto some new way to blame president Trump and conservatives.

You have a link to that?

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 08:21 PM

The article you linked said that they did get their permit and then it went on to say that the court case resulted from the city trying to move the rally. There would be no reason to move a rally that had been cancelled. Then near the end the reporter used the word 'revoked' which clearly didn't belong with that story. This is where we're at now when MSM presents two opposite and exclusive ideas into the same story and they're treated as news reporting?

I agree with you on public safety which is why I said earlier that their governor should have cancelled the rally as soon as he decided to mobilize the Guard.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 08:30 PM
The article you linked said that they did get their permit and then it went on to say that the court case resulted from the city trying to move the rally. There would be no reason to move a rally that had been cancelled. Then near the end the reporter used the word 'revoked' which clearly didn't belong with that story. This is where we're at now when MSM presents two opposite and exclusive ideas into the same story and they're treated as news reporting?

I agree with you on public safety which is why I said earlier that their governor should have cancelled the rally as soon as he decided to mobilize the Guard.

Well it's over. Here's what I understand. They applied for and were given a permit. After another rally weeks ago, the city had concern about the park in the center, rescinded the permit, though offered to move it and reissue for new venue, more easy for the police and out of city center. Obviously that wasn't what hate group #1 wanted. They said basically, 'No, we're going where we originally wanted,' no permit. Then hate groups #2, 3, ? decided to come along too, again, no permits.

They had their ways and here we are.

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 08:31 PM
You have a link to that?

It looks like the first suspect was the antifa guy but it turns out he no longer owned the car and wasn't anywhere near the rally.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 08:34 PM
It looks like the first suspect was the antifa guy but it turns out he no longer owned the car and wasn't anywhere near the rally.

Again, some link?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 08:36 PM
You have a link to that?
Heard it surfing channels on fox news. Probably isn't a write up about it yet... breaking.

No mention whether or not he was ANTIFA, but the name is Alex Fields, 20 year old.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 08:43 PM
Heard it surfing channels on fox news. Probably isn't a write up about it yet... breaking.

No mention whether or not he was ANTIFA, but the name is Alex Fields, 20 year old.

No problem finding his name or that he's from Ohio. The police said they are not sure of owner of the car, which certainly fits with what Michigan said. I've been listening to FOX for hours now, haven't heard anything about him being antifa-though I have seen references in comments from sources I'm guessing would be 'believable.' Gateway Pundit, Infowars, and Breitbart-but in the comments sections. No links.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 08:49 PM
I expect we'll know more about this 20 year old sooner than later. Here's his mug shot. Not sure one can judge where he falls along the hate line based upon looks, but hey, it's something. Alex Fields Jr., 20, of Maumee, Ohio:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10775&stc=1

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Again, some link?

You could just Google it.

Never mind, looks like you just did.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 08:51 PM

I have, several times. If you can tell me what you googled to find it, I'll follow. I explained that I found the antifa memo in comments sections on several reputable sites. :rolleyes:

I mean it's only the left that would try to blame the other guys, right?

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 08:53 PM
Well it's over. Here's what I understand. They applied for and were given a permit. After another rally weeks ago, the city had concern about the park in the center, rescinded the permit, though offered to move it and reissue for new venue, more easy for the police and out of city center. Obviously that wasn't what hate group #1 wanted. They said basically, 'No, we're going where we originally wanted,' no permit. Then hate groups #2, 3, ? decided to come along too, again, no permits.

They had their ways and here we are.

Now I see what you're saying. That's still wrong though, they won their court case and their rally was legal. They did not rally without a permit.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 08:53 PM

Never mind, looks like you just did.

You'll find I usually do. ;) I roll like that. If you have a link it's rare I'll 'question the source.' It doesn't mean that I'll just buy into some site that I personally question, but won't ridicule the source. I will try to find another in response though.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Now I see what you're saying. That's still wrong though, they won their court case and their rally was legal. They did not rally without a permit.

You have a link to their 'winning' the court case? I didn't see that.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 08:56 PM
I expect we'll know more about this 20 year old sooner than later. Here's his mug shot. Not sure one can judge where he falls along the hate line based upon looks, but hey, it's something. Alex Fields Jr., 20, of Maumee, Ohio:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10775&stc=1
Been doing a lot of surfing, can't find it now, but someone snapped a pic of the driver, and it looks nothing like that guy. The driver had glasses and a short black beard.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 08:58 PM
Here's '5 things to know about the guy booked' from Heavy, make of it what you will:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/08/james-alex-fields-jr-charlottesville-suspect-arrested-driver-crashed-rally-republican-age-bio-video/

High_Plains_Drifter
08-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Here's '5 things to know about the guy booked' from Heavy, make of it what you will:

http://heavy.com/news/2017/08/james-alex-fields-jr-charlottesville-suspect-arrested-driver-crashed-rally-republican-age-bio-video/
Like it says, "suspicion," they're not saying whether or not he was the driver for sure.

I'm sure it'll resurface again, but someone snapped a picture of the driver, and it looks nothing like that guy so... IDK.

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 09:04 PM
You have a link to their 'winning' the court case? I didn't see that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/08/11/charlottesville-braces-itself-yet-another-white-nationalist-rally-saturday/560829001/

Injunction granted, all nice and legal like. There is a distinction to be made here though. Their permit was for the Saturday rally, the torch-march through the UVA campus last night wasn't covered so that may be of shall we say dubious legality.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Like it says, "suspicion," they're not saying whether or not he was the driver for sure.

I'm sure it'll resurface again, but someone snapped a picture of the driver, and it looks nothing like that guy so... IDK.

I don't think they could have convicted him yet, so he's under 'suspicion' or 'allegedly did whatever the charges are.'

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 09:06 PM
Been doing a lot of surfing, can't find it now, but someone snapped a pic of the driver, and it looks nothing like that guy. The driver had glasses and a short black beard.

It's hard to tell, they didn't show the side view mug shot.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 09:06 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/08/11/charlottesville-braces-itself-yet-another-white-nationalist-rally-saturday/560829001/

Injunction granted, all nice and legal like. There is a distinction to be made here though. Their permit was for the Saturday rally, the torch-march through the UVA campus last night wasn't covered so that may be of shall we say dubious legality.

Thanks, it seems to be what you and Drifter were saying. In any case, it's now history. We are where we are.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 09:08 PM
I saw a picture taken while he was down on the ground, but honestly couldn't say if it looks like the mug shot or not, was too far away. Build looks right though.

Police say he surrendered to them.

Gunny
08-12-2017, 09:42 PM
All this hate. Makes me Proud to be American, a Marine and a Texan. Glad I served so these people could be dumbasses.

HPD DOES have a point. Let's try and keep the facts clear and separate here. I do not condone such behavior, and wish these morons would quit claiming "in the name of ..." when they represent neither Southerners or whites. I DO recall however when blacks were rioting and looting and burning down their own neighborhoods it was "understandable". The media condemned BLM, but were nowhere near as demonstrative in their call-outs abainst BLM as they were on Fox today. You'd have thought someone hung their favorite cat from a tree.

I also took notice that Trump's condemnation was rather watery. Guess a condemnation at all was better than Obama's complete silence over BLM. Was probably too busy supervising the installation of rainbow lights at the White House.

I did agree with whoever said please quit using the terms "Alt Right and Alt Left ... they're haters". These lame f*cks don't represent me. None from either political side.

pete311
08-12-2017, 10:22 PM
Michael Reagan, the son of Ronald Reagan who has been supportive of Trump, said that Trump needed to denounce David Duke (http://variety.com/t/david-duke/), who was in Charlottesville, and told reporters that the protesters “are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump.” After Trump condemned the violence and bigotry, Duke tweeted to Trump, “I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists.”

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/trump-republicans-charlottesville-1202525901/

Gunny
08-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Michael Reagan, the son of Ronald Reagan who has been supportive of Trump, said that Trump needed to denounce David Duke (http://variety.com/t/david-duke/), who was in Charlottesville, and told reporters that the protesters “are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump.” After Trump condemned the violence and bigotry, Duke tweeted to Trump, “I would recommend you take a good look in the mirror & remember it was White Americans who put you in the presidency, not radical leftists.”

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/trump-republicans-charlottesville-1202525901/The problem here is, the people stupid enough to participate in such a senseless act of violence, regardless their color or religion, are the same people stupid enough to believe idiots like David Duke. I got a message just for his sorry ass. I'm white, Southern and a redneck and there's no room in my world for senseless hatred and violence, or considering other's inferior for the color of their skin. This good 'ol Southern white boy wasn't taught that crap.

Losers hate. They have to blame someone or something for their inability to earn it on their own. These loser white nationalists (whatever the f- THAT means) are an embarrassment. Because all the other haters are pointing at them as somehow representative of all whites. They're a bunch of little d*ck MFers attacking a small town that means little in the big picture because they KNOW that sh*t wouldn't sell in Richmond where they'd get their little white asses kicked.

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 10:43 PM

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/trump-republicans-charlottesville-1202525901/

I think Reagan is wrong. Naming Duke would just elevate his status and there's no reason to do that. Trump doesn't need Duke but Duke needs Trump.

Gunny
08-12-2017, 11:03 PM
I think Reagan is wrong. Naming Duke would just elevate his status and there's no reason to do that. Trump doesn't need Duke but Duke needs Trump.The violence should be addressed. People have the Right to assemble and speak. Something those who are not White "nationalists" need to respect whether or not they agree. The fact is, these protesters expect trouble because they always get it from the intolerant on the other side. You don't have to like the message, but freedom of speech is not a one-way street.

The violence should not be tolerated for ANY reason. If a bunch of jaybirds show up looking for trouble and nobody came ... then what?

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 11:11 PM
Things starting to come out. Poor guy, had a tough childhood:

http://nypost.com/2017/08/12/driver-held-in-deadly-attack-on-protesters-at-virginia-white-power-rally/

Relatives told The Washington Post (https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/fights-in-advance-of-saturday-protest-in-charlottesville/2017/08/12/155fb636-7f13-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.f383e20d4c84) that Fields grew up mostly in Northern Kentucky, and had been raised by a single mother who was a paraplegic.
“Not really friendly,” an uncle told the Washington Post of Fields. “More subdued.”
Fields had allegedly been driving through a crowd of mostly counter-protesters — people who had converged near Charlottesville’s Emancipation Park in opposition to a white supremacist rally there.
Witnesses said the Challenger suddenly sped up from a complete stop, ramming into the protesters and sending bodies flying.
Some 19 people were injured, five critically, officials said.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 11:15 PM
a bit more: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-alex-fields-charlottesville-driver/

Field's mother, Samantha Bloom, told The Associated Press on Saturday night that she knew her son was attending a rally in Virginia but didn't know it was a white supremacist rally.

"I thought it had something to do with Trump. Trump's not a white supremacist," Bloom said.

"He had an African-American friend so ...," she said before her voice trailed off. She added that she'd be surprised if her son's views were that far right.

Bloom, who became visibly upset as she learned of the injuries and deaths at the rally, said she and her son had just moved to the Toledo area from the northern Kentucky city of Florence. She said that's where Fields grew up. She relocated to Ohio for work.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 11:30 PM
I'm pretty sure now that he wasn't from intafa. Just another hater, one of the whiny snowflakes.

Gunny
08-12-2017, 11:33 PM
Things starting to come out. Poor guy, had a tough childhood:

http://nypost.com/2017/08/12/driver-held-in-deadly-attack-on-protesters-at-virginia-white-power-rally/Didn't we all ...:rolleyes: This somehow makes a crappy childhood better? Killing people.

I heard on the news he was being charged with vehicular manslaughter. Seems to me it should be murder as it was a willful act.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 11:36 PM
Didn't we all ...:rolleyes: This somehow makes a crappy childhood better? Killing people.

I heard on the news he was being charged with vehicular manslaughter. Seems to me it should be murder as it was a willful act.

He was charged with murder:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/car-hits-crowd-protesters-white-nationalist-rally-virginia/story?id=49179590

Man charged with murder for allegedly plowing into crowd in Charlottesville following white nationalist rallyAn Ohio man was charged with murder after a car plowed into a crowd of demonstrators following a foiled white nationalist rally Saturday in Charlottesville, Virginia, killing a 32-year-old woman and leaving 19 others injured, police and officials said.

James Alex Fields, Jr. of Maumee, Ohio faces one count of second degree murder, three counts of malicious wounding and one count of hit-and-run after the incident, which sent pedestrians flying. In the wake of the crash, the Department of Justice opened an investigation into the incident.

Gunny
08-12-2017, 11:52 PM
He was charged with murder:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/car-hits-crowd-protesters-white-nationalist-rally-virginia/story?id=49179590Brings up a point the Congressman made early on -- ",,,an Ohio man ...." The Congressman said he wouldn't be from Charlottesville. He stated the troublemakers would be from elsewhere.

Another point ... what is some clown from Ohio, a Northern state, doing using a Confederate battle flag as a symbol of his hatred?

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 11:54 PM
Had to do some reading on the so-called Alt Right. This Spencer guy, I don't think I've ever seen someone try so hard to channel George Lincoln Rockwell in my life. Most of them seem like conspiracy nuts to me though. Are they dumb? Yes they are.

ANTIFA. The more I read from these lunatics the more I'm sure they should be called PROFA. Are they dumb? Yes they are.

Terry McAuliffe mishandled this situation. He's a political creature and acted like one. IS he dumb? Yes he is.

The guy who killed someone with his car deserves the needle.

The US Senators who just within the last hour made their statements about this incident...all I can say to those GOP Senators is that if you have to spend a lot of time telling people how not racist you are then you're probably a racist piece of horsecrap.

What's been lost is the reason all of these idiots converged in the first place. Wanting to erase Robert E. Lee from our history is asinine and un-American.

There is something seriously wrong with this country right now and I don't believe elections will fix the problem.

NightTrain
08-13-2017, 08:41 AM

You know, Pete, sometimes you're really a douchebag.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-13-2017, 09:13 AM
What's been lost is the reason all of these idiots converged in the first place. Wanting to erase Robert E. Lee from our history is asinine and un-American.
Exactly, and what that boils down to is a radical leftist idea that all our history and it's participants that had anything to do with the south during the Civil War should be wiped off the face of American history. Well ya know, that sounds a hell of a lot like ISIS destroying priceless religious remains because it's not MUSLIM. I for one absolutely DESPISE this idea that we should shun the confederate battle flag and take down all these statues. You can't change that the Civil War happened or what it was about. I would think that blacks should be happy enough with how the war turned out. If the flag and the statues bother you so much, don't look at them. I see all this shunning and take it down business as just another black people coddling, double standard and erosion of our rights as Americans. It's political correctness, once again, run amok.

So do I agree with the whole white nationalists group? No. They're a bunch of damn racists. Do I think they had every right to assemble? Yes. Do I think they had a legitimate reason to assemble? Yes. So why couldn't all these damn leftists just let them have their rally and everyone go home peacefully? Well, because what seems to be the pattern with the left is, if you're saying something they disagree with, they appear not able to just let you have your say, they need to SHUT YOU UP, you need to be SILENCED, and that my fiends is text book fascism, and I for one am sick and freakin' tired of it. It's a double standard that is so blatant and in your face is sickening. What if a bunch of conservatives/right showed up at one of these freaky leftist marches with the women wearing their pussy hats and talking about blowing up the white house, and started beating people up?

Yes I see too much violence nowadays in America, but I think i know who the main culprits are that start it, and it's not the conservatives.

gabosaurus
08-13-2017, 10:49 AM
... I think i know who the main culprits are that start it, and it's not the conservatives.

It never is. :rolleyes:

gabosaurus
08-13-2017, 10:52 AM
Meanwhile, the mother of the driver learned about the incident from the media. I feel sorry for her. Parents are increasingly left responsible for their adult children's misdeeds.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2017/08/13/Mother-of-James-Alex-Fields-accused-of-driving-into-Charlottesville-crowd-shocked.html

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 12:38 PM
The driver should get death for his actions. There definitely were some racists at the event. And I'm sure racists from both sides. I saw tons more of the Antifa type, walking around with baseball bats and helmets gearing up looking for a fight. Many of them found some.

I think Trump was spot on when pointing out this shit is coming from different angles. Of course condemn this driver 100%, but there's a lot more to the event as a total, and who was violent, and who was looking to create problems/fights.

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Within 24 hours Trump has condemned the actions, and then further condemned any crap about racism and any racist groups. It would appear that BOTH sides of the aisle have been equally condemning any actions that took place. Jeff Sessions has now condemned such actions. He is also opening a civil rights case by the DOJ.

If only the president, government & the DOJ acted as such every time riots and violence took over the streets, and someone is killed. Or acted as swiftly.

---

Attorney General Jeff Sessions Condemns White Nationalism, Vows Justice Will Prevail

Attorney General Jeff Sessions is strongly condemning the violent actions of white nationalists in Charlottesville Saturday and vowing justice will prevail as DOJ opens a civil rights investigation.

“The violence and deaths in Charlottesville strike at the heart of American law and justice. When such actions arise from racial bigotry and hatred, they betray our core values and cannot be tolerated," Sessions released in a statement Saturday night. "I have talked with FBI Director Chris Wray, FBI agents on the scene, and law enforcement officials for the state of Virginia. The FBI has been supporting state and local authorities throughout the day. U.S. Attorney Rick Mountcastle has commenced a federal investigation and will have the full support of the Department of Justice. Justice will prevail.”

"The Richmond FBI Field Office, the Civil Rights Division, and the US Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Virginia have opened a civil rights investigation into the circumstances of the deadly vehicular incident that occurred earlier Saturday morning. The FBI will collect all available facts and evidence, and as this is an ongoing investigation we are not able to comment further at this time,” the Richmand FBI field office added.

Rest here - https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/08/13/jeff-sessions-on-charlottesville-justice-will-prevail-n2367837

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 01:26 PM
All of the racist crap is horrid, and I'm glad to see everyone condemns such things. And while not forgetting what happened to the young lady, the actions of ALL should not be overlooked.

NOTHING excuses "actions" made by anyone. Butthere is no doubt that MANY folks were out to find trouble yesterday.

---

Gov. McAuliffe in Charlottesville ‘No Place in America’ for Alt-Right, Refuses to Condemn AntiFa

Charlottesville, VA — The usually busy streets of the historic downtown of Charlottesville saw its tourists and locals substituted with heavily armed police and protesters this afternoon, following altercations which lasted from Friday night through to Saturday morning.

Originally billed as a protest in favour of free speech — alongside the disdain over the removal of Confederate statues in the city — the “alt-right” rally found itself transformed into a torch-wielding, Nazi-flag waving dereliction of American values — at least considering the publicity afforded to the event, and the behaviour of some of the rally’s attendees.

In brief, what transpired amounted to a disgusting and unwelcome throwback to segregationist ideas and rhetoric at a time when patriotic conservatism is gaining ground. While many media minutes and deliberations will be afforded to the fascistic right, almost none will be dedicated to the fascistic left.

Gun control supporter Governor Terry McAuliffe was whisked into a downtown building under massively armed police protection in the middle of the afternoon, via a small alleyway off Main Street. One female witness to the scene shouted, “Thank you for showing up!”

On Main Street, after the initial violence, hard leftists sang songs, re-purposing Lady Gaga’s hit song “Paparazzi” with the words “pop a Nazi”. One man told me he was told it was the “wrong day to be white in this town,” while the abandoned stores and bars sported signs that read: “We kindly ask to respect our policy to not bring weapons inside our restaurant or on our patio”.

In the mid afternoon — after protesters were run over by a car, leaving one dead — stick-wielding left-wing activists roamed the streets aimlessly in groups of four or five. One such group screamed: “F**k Donald Trump,” as a girl — clearly unrelated to either side — walked past them.

A few hours later, McAuliffe took the opportunity to address the nation from the stage of the Albemarle County office building, flanked by local officials, as well as a man in a t-shirt which read “Menace II Supremacy”.

McAuliffe flipped back and forth between urging for calm and unity, and demanding division while insisting pro-Confederate statue protesters were persona non grata in his Commonwealth.

He lauded presidents Jefferson and Washington, but ran entirely contrary to their commitments to free speech by declaring of protesters: “There is no place for you in America”.

Insisting “we were here to bring people together and unify folks”, he added “We are a nation of immigrants… unless you’re native American”.

“Please go home and never come back,” he said to Unite the Right protesters, adding: “Take your hatred and take your bigotry”.

Instead of a call for dialogue, or even trying to explain what would be a totally reasonable and easily-made argument against flying Nazi flags or torch-lit demonstrations, he chose to further drive a wedge, as did those who flanked him on stage.

“They’re going to be in the trash heap of history,” said the Charlottesville mayor, while police chief Al Thomas defended the police strategy on the day. Despite having had weeks of notice, as well granting a protest permit to alt-right protesters, there were three fatalities and many injured. In an oddly nativist tone, he declared “outsiders do not tell our story”.

The media tone is also evidently one-sided. While no one — including this website — would take up the cause of defending the actions of the alt right or Nazi flag wavers, it is important to note how quickly many have chosen to lump the blame at the doorstep of President Donald Trump.

CNN issued a push notification to app users’ mobile devices around 8:30pm local time stating: “President Trump fails to condemn the alt-right and white supremacists in his statement about violence in Charlottesville, Virginia”.

No such accusations were hurled by the establishment media at Democrat leaders when a Bernie Sanders supporter shot at Republican congressmen in June.

In brief, it can be said with demonstrable authority that while Republicans and conservatives are very swift to decry extremists claiming to act in the name of their causes, the left do no such thing. In fact, they continue to fund and support antiFa and radical elements in their ranks, scarcely asked questions by the establishment media, and without any contritition for the divisions caused as a result.

I asked Gov. McAuliffe four times tonight to condemn in equal measure the violence of antiFa. I didn’t want him to rescind criticism of the alt right. I didn’t expect him to be nuanced. But I did think — perhaps foolishly — that he might want to distance himself from violent tactics on both sides. I supposed wrong.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/12/gov-mcauliffe-in-charlottesville-no-place-in-america-for-alt-right-refuses-to-condemn-antifa/

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 01:28 PM
Pollak: Trump Was Right to Condemn Violence on ‘Many Sides’ in Charlottesville

President Donald Trump reacted to Saturday’s violence in Charlottesville by condemning violence “on many sides.” His critics pounced, saying that he should have specifically condemned violence by white supremacists, and that by not doing so, he in fact condoned such violence.

The critics are guilty of a double standard, and of exploiting the violence for political gain, widening America’s divisions at a time when national unity is the only proper course.

First of all, as a factual matter, it is self-evident that there was violence on both sides on Saturday, though the attack in which a car plowed into a crowd of left-wing protesters stands apart as a despicable act. Two groups who have been fighting all over the country — white supremacists and so-called “anti-fascists” — went to Charlottesville to do the same, just as they did last summer in Sacramento, and just as they have elsewhere. Condemning one side alone would essentially have given the other side a pass for its tactics — and a political victory that neither deserved.

Rest here - http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/08/13/charlottesville-donald-trump-right-condemn-violence-many-sides/

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 01:41 PM
McMaster goes even further in his condemnation

---

McMaster: Charlottesville Attack Was Terrorism

The vehicle attack in Charlottesville, Va. that left one woman dead on Saturday was an act of terrorism, National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster said on Sunday.

“I certainly think any time that you commit an attack against people to incite fear, it is terrorism. It meets the definition of terrorism,” McMaster said in an interview on ABC News’ “This Week.”

James Alex Fields Jr., 20, was arrested Saturday and charged with second-degree murder in the attack. Video footage appears to show him driving his 2010 Dodge Challenger into a group of counter-protesters who were in Charlottesville to demonstrate against white nationalists and neo-Nazis who were rallying against the removal of a Robert E. Lee statue.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/13/mcmaster-charlottesville-attack-was-terrorism-video/

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 01:46 PM
And before the neverTrumpers somehow go after Ivanka for this and blame her for something, for just being in the white house... Good for her!

---

Ivanka Condemns ‘Racism, White Supremacy’ After Charlottesville Violence

Ivanka Trump did not hold back in her reaction Sunday to the riots in Charlottesville, Virginia that left three people dead and 19 injured in the wake of a white nationalist rally.

“There should be no place in society for racism, white supremacy and neo-nazis,” the first daughter tweeted after violence broke out at the rally between white supremacists and counter-protesters, which included members of Black Lives Matter and Antifa.

“We must all come together as Americans — and be one country UNITED. #Charlottesville,” she added.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/13/ivanka-condemns-racism-white-supermacy-after-charlottesville-violence/

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Did I miss someone posting this already? If so, I suck!!

How 'n the hell does someone get infatuated with someone like Hitler or nazi crap? Well, I guess the mental health stuff, but still. And the hatred built up that much apparently, to where it boiled over - and he would want to try and run people over? And make a decision that he should have known would affect the rest of his life?

I wonder if he'll use his mental capacity as a defense. He should either get the needle, or keep him in a safe place for about 700,800 hours.

--

Ex-Teacher: Charlottesville Attack Suspect Had Nazi Obsession, Mental Health Problems

The 20-year-old man accused of driving his car into a crowd of counter-protesters during a white nationalist rally Charlottesville, Va., had an “infatuation” with Adolf Hitler and Nazis, according to the suspect’s high school history teacher.

James Alex Fields Jr., 20, was arrested Saturday and charged with second-degree murder after he allegedly slammed his car into a group of people in downtown Charlottesville, killing 32-year-old Heather Heyer and injuring 19 others.

Derek Weimer said he was not surprised when authorities named Fields as the driver. Weimer, who taught history to Fields Jr. at Randall K. Cooper High School in Union, Ky., said he was quiet yet bright student who had “radical ideas on race.”

“He was very infatuated with the Nazis, with Adolf Hitler,” Weimer told WCPO News in Cincinnati. “He also had a huge military history, especially with German military history and World War II. But, he was pretty infatuated with that stuff.”

Rest - http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/13/ex-teacher-charlottesville-attack-suspect-had-nazi-obsession-mental-health-problems/

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Meanwhile, the mother of the driver learned about the incident from the media. I feel sorry for her. Parents are increasingly left responsible for their adult children's misdeeds.

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2017/08/13/Mother-of-James-Alex-Fields-accused-of-driving-into-Charlottesville-crowd-shocked.html

Yup, what a shitty way to find out. The poor woman was getting out of her car in the garage when approached by the media and bombarded with questions. She had no idea up until then. Her life is forever changed now too.

There's a twitter video of it on this page - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08/james-alex-fields-mother-learns-camera-son-charlottesville-car-crash-suspect-video/

High_Plains_Drifter
08-13-2017, 03:59 PM
I just don't see the same degree of perceived outrage and condemnation at violence by BLM, or the NEW BLACK PANTHERS, or MUSLIMS, etc. It's always ten times worse when a WHITE person or group does something. Gets old.

So if all these frothing at the mouth talking heads want to convince me they're not pandering, they should show the same amount of disgust and condemnation towards BLM, the NAACP, the NEW BLACK PANTERS, the BLOODS, the CRYPS, MS-13, etc, etc... where are all these ranting and raving officials with blood shooting out their eyes against racism when it's a group that's something other than white? I don't see it.

What I do see is a double standard. We've all heard it time and again... "only whites can be racist."

Kathianne
08-13-2017, 04:38 PM
I just don't see the same degree of perceived outrage and condemnation at violence by BLM, or the NEW BLACK PANTHERS, or MUSLIMS, etc. It's always ten times worse when a WHITE person or group does something. Gets old.

So if all these frothing at the mouth talking heads want to convince me they're not pandering, they should show the same amount of disgust and condemnation towards BLM, the NAACP, the NEW BLACK PANTERS, the BLOODS, the CRYPS, MS-13, etc, etc... where are all these ranting and raving officials with blood shooting out their eyes against racism when it's a group that's something other than white? I don't see it.

What I do see is a double standard. We've all heard it time and again... "only whites can be racist."

I think you might go back and read what was written during the happenings in Ferguson and Baltimore. There was plenty of calling out, it hasn't ended. That doesn't give any pass to those claiming 'white power.'

High_Plains_Drifter
08-13-2017, 05:34 PM
I think you might go back and read what was written during the happenings in Ferguson and Baltimore. There was plenty of calling out, it hasn't ended. That doesn't give any pass to those claiming 'white power.'
I didn't see calls for the justice department to investigate anything, did you? I didn't hear talking heads calling BLM things like grotesque, or domestic terrorists, and if someone did, it was rare and ignored. The rioting and looting and burning down went on for a week and we heard things like, "we understand why they're mad," and the cops were told to "stand down and not interfere." Could you imagine the heads exploding if these so called white nationalists rioted, looted and burnt down buildings for a week? You think the response would be the same is it was for Ferguson? Not even close, Kath, and I think you know it. The response to Charlottesville has already been greater than Ferguson and it was just one march.

I stick with my assessment.

Kathianne
08-13-2017, 05:41 PM
I didn't see calls for the justice department to investigate anything, did you? I didn't hear talking heads calling BLM things like grotesque, or domestic terrorists, and if someone did, it was rare and ignored. The rioting and looting and burning down went on for a week and we heard things like, "we understand why they're mad," and the cops were told to "stand down and not interfere." Could you imagine the heads exploding if these so called white nationalists rioted, looted and burnt down buildings for a week? You think the response would be the same is it was for Ferguson? Not even close, Kath, and I think you know it. The response to Charlottesville has already been greater than Ferguson and it was just one march.

I stick with my assessment.
I disagree, there was much criticism from many political leaders, especially those who are now doing the same with the supremacists. I was talking though about this board and what people, including myself, were saying/condemning both the politicians in those cites, empathizing with the police and the citizens that wanted the chaos stopped. As for BLM and antifada/antifa you will find plenty.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-13-2017, 05:55 PM
I disagree, there was much criticism from many political leaders, especially those who are now doing the same with the supremacists. I was talking though about this board and what people, including myself, were saying/condemning both the politicians in those cites, empathizing with the police and the citizens that wanted the chaos stopped. As for BLM and antifada/antifa you will find plenty.
Well we can certainly disagree, that's the beauty of America, and I don't want to do anything to stop you from having or voicing your opinion. I actually served 8 years in the military because I believed so much in your right to free speech, I'd have fought and died to protect it. I guess that starkly separates you and I from the alt what evers. There's mobs on the left that want to shut people up they disagree with though... see Jim's thread with the ANTIFA interview, Berkley, etc.

I was speaking more along the lines of reactions from politicians, whom I've come to pretty much universally abhor on both sides, and it appears I see things differently than you do. I think the right are spineless and weak, and scared to death of the democrat propaganda trash wing and go out of their way to pander to them, and the left are afraid of no one, because they know they have the democrat propaganda trash wing running cover for them and ignoring things they should be condemning.

michiganFats
08-13-2017, 06:09 PM
I actually served 8 years in the military because I believed so much in your right to free speech, I'd have fought and died to protect it.

Not me, I enlisted for the college money which turned out to be unnecessary because they ended up giving me an ROTC scholarship to finish up school. I don't remember ever thinking about anyone's free speech. Tyranny and abuse of power bothers me though. I still think McAuliffe encouraged politically motivated street violence and that's what I think we should be talking about.