PDA

View Full Version : Weather Turning Ugly Here

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Accuweather: "Hail likely to start in 15 minutes." Sky is green. Cable is out, power probably will follow.

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 07:29 PM
Green sky is never a good thing.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:33 PM
Green sky is never a good thing.

I agree. It's pouring, not sure about hail, I'm not going out and I don't have my hearing aids in. We're sitting in the midst of red on radar.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:37 PM
9 minutes to hail. LOL!

The thing about weather here, all the sudden it just goes away. The other day I was driving south, watching the clouds build up, not moving at all, just growing and growing. 15 minutes later, gone.

Right now though, a real lightening, thunder, and rain show.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 07:42 PM
We got hail, maybe quarter size, less than golf ball.

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 09:36 PM
We got hail, maybe quarter size, less than golf ball.

At least you got something. I was supposed to be out on the water this weekend but we had weather warnings so I stayed in. We ended up getting nothing serious so I could have gone out.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 09:38 PM
At least you got something. I was supposed to be out on the water this weekend but we had weather warnings so I stayed in. We ended up getting nothing serious so I could have gone out.

Well all afternoon they kept putting up 'rain in 15 or 25 or 1 hour.' Then I noticed the sky getting all weird, ran out to close my windows all the way. Hopefully I can get the car washed again before road trip on Monday. ;)

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 09:40 PM
Well all afternoon they kept putting up 'rain in 15 or 25 or 1 hour.' Then I noticed the sky getting all weird, ran out to close my windows all the way. Hopefully I can get the car washed again before road trip on Monday. ;)

That's why I never wash my car. :laugh:

Better than a rain dance.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 09:42 PM
That's why I never wash my car. :laugh:

Better than a rain dance.

Wow! Biggest lightening bolt I've ever seen! Bazoom!

The blowing sand is pretty gross. It sticks inside and out.

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Wow! Biggest lightening bolt I've ever seen! Bazoom!

The blowing sand is pretty gross. It sticks inside and out.

Are you one of those people who likes storms or hates them?

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 09:49 PM
Are you one of those people who likes storms or hates them?

I'm fine with them, as long as it's not snow trapping me. I have claustrophobia. It got ugly the last couple years in Chicago area. LOL!

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm fine with them, as long as it's not snow trapping me. I have claustrophobia. It got ugly the last couple years in Chicago area. LOL!

One word: snowmobile.

One of the main reasons I moved back to Michigan is because I missed the winter.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 09:54 PM
One word: snowmobile.

One of the main reasons I moved back to Michigan is because I missed the winter.

Abbey and I've been over this 100 times. I used to love winter, then I didn't. Now I'm in AZ. :)

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 10:06 PM
Abbey and I've been over this 100 times. I used to love winter, then I didn't. Now I'm in AZ. :)

Was it the just the weather or did you get to that point where the cold crept into your bones and you could never get rid of it? I've got a few friends and family who moved south once they got the bone chill.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Was it the just the weather or did you get to that point where the cold crept into your bones and you could never get rid of it? I've got a few friends and family who moved south once they got the bone chill.

I just got so tired of it. The start of really hating it came I thing in 2014, when the snow piled so high at the doors, they wouldn't open. At the sliding doors, it was at least 5', which is about what I am. Same with the garage, I grabbed a shovel and started attacking from the garage, I was lucky it didn't fall on me! Luckily neighbor's son got me out with plow on his truck. LOL! I was in a serious panic. My kids were like, just relax, no one is going anywhere. I was like, "I gotta be able to get out of here!'

Then the last winter I was there, it was below 0 for like 35 days, while still snowing a lot for most days. The cold started in October, didn't end until seriously like late June. The 30 something days were from like Dec-Feb. It was horrible. That's like not Chicago-like. It's warm, like 15-32F, it snows. It's subzero, no way. Except that year, way. Walking down sidewalks was treacherous, salt doesn't work that cold. People did move most of the snow off, making it a slippery maze. Just horrible!

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 10:36 PM
I just got so tired of it. The start of really hating it came I thing in 2014, when the snow piled so high at the doors, they wouldn't open. At the sliding doors, it was at least 5', which is about what I am. Same with the garage, I grabbed a shovel and started attacking from the garage, I was lucky it didn't fall on me! Luckily neighbor's son got me out with plow on his truck. LOL! I was in a serious panic. My kids were like, just relax, no one is going anywhere. I was like, "I gotta be able to get out of here!'

Then the last winter I was there, it was below 0 for like 35 days, while still snowing a lot for most days. The cold started in October, didn't end until seriously like late June. The 30 something days were from like Dec-Feb. It was horrible. That's like not Chicago-like. It's warm, like 15-32F, it snows. It's subzero, no way. Except that year, way. Walking down sidewalks was treacherous, salt doesn't work that cold. People did move most of the snow off, making it a slippery maze. Just horrible!

I remember the winters you're talking about. I was also amazed that it snowed as much as it did when it was that cold.

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 10:43 PM
I remember the winters you're talking about. I was also amazed that it snowed as much as it did when it was that cold.

Since I left, mostly there hasn't been those kinds of winters. :laugh:

michiganFats
08-12-2017, 10:47 PM
Since I left, mostly there hasn't been those kinds of winters. :laugh:

Thanks for moving away:laugh:

Kathianne
08-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Thanks for moving away:laugh:

My kids say that every time I'm home. ;)