PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch sits for national anthem

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 02:09 PM
He was a BEAST when he played for the Seattle Seahawks. Then he retired and un-retired real quick and is now playing for the Oakland Raiders. He's the one who loves himself some Skittles!! And of course the one who doesn't talk to the media. We're liable not to hear a whole lot from him about this. I'll be very curious to see if he does this going forward as well. He's under contract and probably doesn't give a shit, as he won't be signing elsewhere after this. :( I understand his stances and how he feels - but taking it out on America, and all of her past and glory and those that have fought and died and so on and so one... doesn't make any sense to me.

--

NFL’s Marshawn Lynch Summons His Inner Colin Kaepernick, Sits During National Anthem

Picking up where Colin Kaepernick left off, “unretired” has-been Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch kept it real by making some sort of statement about racism or Charlottesville or something by failing to stand when the National Anthem was played during his team’s preseason NFL game against the Arizona Cardinals last night in Glendale, Arizona. Instead, Lynch sat on a cooler and ate a banana.

It is not known at this point whether Lynch was purposely using racial imagery in his decision to eat a banana (as opposed to any other food except for maybe watermelon or fried chicken) while making his anti-National Anthem statement. American University has recently pronounced bananas publicly hanging from string a racist threat. And in 2013, as was covered very extensively by ESPN, Baltimore Orioles outfielder Adam Jones had a banana thrown on the field in his general vicinity by a frustrated San Francisco Giants fan.

According to Philly.com:

The Raiders running back remained seated on a cooler while eating a banana as his teammates and coaches stood during the national anthem prior to the team’s Saturday night preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals. Lynch’s decision came in the wake of a violent white nationalist rally [with violence initiated by leftists while white nationalists were lawfully demonstrating] in Charlottesville, Va. earlier in the day where three people, including two police officers, were killed.

Raiders head coach Jack Del Rio told reporters after the game he was surprised by Lynch’s decision, and had a conversation with the veteran running back who had left the locker room before reporters were able to speak with him.

“He said, ‘This is something I have done for 11 years. It’s not a form of anything other than me being myself,’” Del Rio said. “I said, ‘So you understand how I feel, I very strongly believe in standing for the national anthem. But I respect you as a man and you can do your thing.”

Lynch is no stranger to symbolic gestures, vague as the symbolism has been in the past. During his seasons with the Seattle Seahawks (2010-2015), Lynch was known to “celebrate” touchdowns by grabbing his crotch very visibly when entering the end zone.

Rest here - http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/08/nfls-marshawn-lynch-summons-inner-colin-kaepernick-sits-national-anthem/

hjmick
08-13-2017, 02:48 PM
Good for him, exercising his rights. Didn't care about him yesterday, don't give a shit about him today, won't give a fuck about him tomorrow.

Raiders still suck.

He ought to think about changing his last name. I mean "Lynch" has such negative connotations connected to it... So much so, schools named for the family that donated land to build them are changing their names...

Portland educators want to strip 'Lynch' from school names. But it refers to a family, not lynching (http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-portland-lynch-20170804-story.html)

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 03:00 PM
Good for him, exercising his rights. Didn't care about him yesterday, don't give a shit about him today, won't give a fuck about him tomorrow.

Raiders still suck.

He ought to think about changing his last name. I mean "Lynch" has such negative connotations connected to it... So much so, schools named for the family that donated land to build them are changing their names...

Portland educators want to strip 'Lynch' from school names. But it refers to a family, not lynching (http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-portland-lynch-20170804-story.html)

Read that one too but didn't post it. These things are getting out of hand, IMO. We can't erase history to coddle today's people, nor should we IMO.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-13-2017, 03:38 PM
Just when I was excited to watch football again because, ignorantly, I thought the NFL learned their lesson last year with the decline of viewers because of Kappy and told these idiots to stand. Now here it is again... I watched maybe 30 minutes total of football last year. I swear to God, Ill tune it out and not watch a single minute this year if this keeps up. I'm sick of these premadonna, America trashing pieces of shit. Let them go else where and try and become millionaires on the pockets of the very same people and nation they're giving the finger to... fuck them.

revelarts
08-13-2017, 03:55 PM
Just when I was excited to watch football again because, ignorantly, I thought the NFL learned their lesson last year with the decline of viewers because of Kappy and told these idiots to stand. Now here it is again... I watched maybe 30 minutes total of football last year. I swear to God, Ill tune it out and not watch a single minute this year if this keeps up. I'm sick of these premadonna, America trashing pieces of shit. Let them go else where and try and become millionaires on the pockets of the very same people and nation they're giving the finger to... fuck them.

Um paraphrased and adapted for use from High_Plains_Drifter #79 (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?59945-Car-Plows-Into-Counter-Protesters-In-Virginia&p=875246#post875246)
....I would think that people should be happy enough with how the wars turned out. If sitting down during an anthem or not giving reverence to the flag bother you so much, don't look at them. I see all this shunning and ruining the NFL's business as just another right wing people coddling, double standard and erosion of our rights as Americans. It's political correctness, once again, run amok...
So do I agree with the whole sit down at the national anthem group? No. Do I think they had every right to protest quietly? Yes. Do I think they had a legitimate reason to protest? Yes. So why couldn't all these righties just let them have their sit down, watch the game and everyone go home peacefully? Well, because what seems to be the pattern with the right is, if you're saying something they disagree with, they appear not able to just let you have your say, they need to SHUT YOU UP, you need to be SILENCED, and that my friends is text book fascism, and I for one am sick and freakin' tired of it. It's a double standard that is so blatant and in your face is sickening.

good for goose?

And BTW, no ones' been killed from people sitting down during the national anthem.
But from the reactions, you'd think someone had been.

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 04:29 PM
And BTW, no ones' been killed from people sitting down during the national anthem.
But from the reactions, you'd think someone had been.

My heart has been killed on this one, Rev. :(

I'm a HUGE fan of Marshawn. or as I simply know him as BEAST! I detested him for playing for Darin's Seahawks! :laugh: But I had a TON of respect for him, even when he did some weird shit. Then he starts playing for Oakland, a feel good story, playing for where he grew up. I was hoping I could see if the Beast would come back and be his old self or not.

But this gives me the sad smiley face. :(

He's still a beast. He's still a great running back. But I just disagree with folks doing anything towards our flag or our national things of pride.

This ISN'T about being right or wrong. He's right in many respects if his anger is like others, towards racism, or the shootings. But I hate when folks use the wrong ways of showing their displeasure/feelings/stance/agenda... That is all. So I'm sad. Just as I would be if it were a Steelers player. Just as I would feel if it were a white player on any issue that person would feel worth the protest. To me, it's all about the flag, and how the flag and that song are in the middle of honoring soldiers when some choose to sit/kneel.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-13-2017, 04:39 PM

I'm a HUGE fan of Marshawn. or as I simply know him as BEAST! I detested him for playing for Darin's Seahawks! :laugh: But I had a TON of respect for him, even when he did some weird shit. Then he starts playing for Oakland, a feel good story, playing for where he grew up. I was hoping I could see if the Beast would come back and be his old self or not.

He's still a beast. He's still a great running back. But I just disagree with folks doing anything towards our flag or our national things of pride.

This ISN'T about being right or wrong. He's right in many respects if his anger is like others, towards racism, or the shootings. But I hate when folks use the wrong ways of showing their displeasure/feelings/stance/agenda... That is all. So I'm sad. Just as I would be if it were a Steelers player. Just as I would feel if it were a white player on any issue that person would feel worth the protest. To me, it's all about the flag, and how the flag and that song are in the middle of honoring soldiers when some choose to sit/kneel.

What he said --------- ^

This isn't about some statue... this is a person in their way of saying FUCK YOU to our most endeared, beloved symbols we have that represent our nation as a whole, our flag and national anthem, and those who fought, spilled their blood and died to give these jackasses a nation where they could live free and become millionaires just chasing down a pig skin. There are plenty of other ways they can have their little protest, but doing in front of millions upon millions of people, showing their utter disdain and disrespect for our flag and our national anthem, just because these spoiled little jocks have a camera on them giving them this platform, they should NOT be doing that. They are SPITTING in the face of millions of Americans, and believe me, once again this year, since it appears the NFL didn't learn jack squat from last year, viewer ship will go down, maybe even more than last year.

THAT is what I'm saying, and it's nothing like your leftist spin, rev. Why did Jim get it and you didn't?

michiganFats
08-13-2017, 05:58 PM
I never understood why the National Anthem is played before sporting events and it doesn't bother me if someone takes a knee but I seriously doubt this is a political statement, it's probably just Marshawn being Marshawn.

hjmick
08-13-2017, 06:14 PM
I never understood why the National Anthem is played before sporting events and it doesn't bother me if someone takes a knee but I seriously doubt this is a political statement, it's probably just Marshawn being Marshawn.

After America's entrance into World War I, Major League Baseball games often featured patriotic rituals, such as players marching in formation during pregame military drills and bands playing patriotic songs. During the seventh-inning stretch of game one of the 1918 World Series, the band erupted into "The Star-Spangled Banner." The Cubs and Red Sox players faced the centerfield flag pole and stood at attention. The crowd, already on their feet, began to sing along and applauded at the end of the song.

Given the positive reaction, the band played the song during the next two games, and when the Series moved to Boston, the Red Sox owner brought in a band and had the song played before the start of each remaining contest. After the war (and after the song was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution in 1931), the song continued to be played, but only on special occasions like opening day, national holidays and World Series games.

During World War II, baseball games again became venues for large-scale displays of patriotism, and technological advances in public address systems allowed songs to be played without a band. "The Star-Spangled Banner" was played before games throughout the course of the war, and by the time the war was over, the pre-game singing of the national anthem had become cemented as a baseball ritual, after which it spread to other sports.

michiganFats
08-13-2017, 06:16 PM
After America's entrance into World War I, Major League Baseball games often featured patriotic rituals, such as players marching in formation during pregame military drills and bands playing patriotic songs. During the seventh-inning stretch of game one of the 1918 World Series, the band erupted into "The Star-Spangled Banner." The Cubs and Red Sox players faced the centerfield flag pole and stood at attention. The crowd, already on their feet, began to sing along and applauded at the end of the song.

Given the positive reaction, the band played the song during the next two games, and when the Series moved to Boston, the Red Sox owner brought in a band and had the song played before the start of each remaining contest. After the war (and after the song was made the national anthem by a congressional resolution in 1931), the song continued to be played, but only on special occasions like opening day, national holidays and World Series games.

During World War II, baseball games again became venues for large-scale displays of patriotism, and technological advances in public address systems allowed songs to be played without a band. "The Star-Spangled Banner" was played before games throughout the course of the war, and by the time the war was over, the pre-game singing of the national anthem had become cemented as a baseball ritual, after which it spread to other sports.

Allow me to rephrase my statement. I am aware of the origin of the practice I just think it's stupid.

aboutime
08-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Unwilling to take responsibility, as an act of Respect, for being able to enjoy living in this nation, and reaping all of the benefits not found, anywhere else on Earth.
That's how society is lowering itself into the cesspool of reality these days.
Everyone seems satisfied to whine, complain, be offended, be insulted, and STUPID.

Abbey Marie
08-13-2017, 07:43 PM
Allow me to rephrase my statement. I am aware of the origin of the practice I just think it's stupid.

Why do you think it's stupid?

michiganFats
08-13-2017, 07:46 PM
Why do you think it's stupid?

I think it's fake patriotism.

aboutime
08-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Tradition.

Today, it seems everybody has something they feel a need to change because they think something is useless, or stupid. That's their right to feel that way, but why ruin it for everyone else....just because one, or more, out of millions is OFFENDED?

Kinda covers almost everything taking place today. EVEN THE STATUES from the Civil War era that some say is RACIST, while others are just following traditions that recall, and historically show the past.
Sad state of HURT FEELINGS, BUTT HURT, WHINING, CRYING, AND STUPIDITY. SNOWFLAKEism at its Best.

michiganFats
08-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Tradition.

Today, it seems everybody has something they feel a need to change because they think something is useless, or stupid. That's their right to feel that way, but why ruin it for everyone else....just because one, or more, out of millions is OFFENDED?

Kinda covers almost everything taking place today. EVEN THE STATUES from the Civil War era that some say is RACIST, while others are just following traditions that recall, and historically show the past.
Sad state of HURT FEELINGS, BUTT HURT, WHINING, CRYING, AND STUPIDITY. SNOWFLAKEism at its Best.

Is this general complaining on your part or are you responding to someone specific?

aboutime
08-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Is this general complaining on your part or are you responding to someone specific?

Nope. As the old saying goes: If the Shoe fits....wear it!"

Of course it was just my opinion in general. I wouldn't call telling the truth..Complaining.

gabosaurus
08-13-2017, 08:20 PM
Why does it matter whether Marshawn Lynch (or anyone) sits or stands during the national anthem? He is doing it for attention and the media is giving it to him.
Lynch is a talented but very self-centered person. He wants more money, he wants more playing time, he wants people to listen to him. Instead, the media continues to debate Colin Kaepernick for his stand. So Lynch decides he is going protest as well.
The difference is that Lynch has the playing ability that Kaepernick does not.
Keep bitch about Marshawn if you want. I'm sure he is loving it.

michiganFats
08-13-2017, 09:04 PM
Nope. As the old saying goes: If the Shoe fits....wear it!"

Of course it was just my opinion in general. I wouldn't call telling the truth..Complaining.

I wouldn't call my opinion the truth

aboutime
08-13-2017, 09:47 PM
I wouldn't call my opinion the truth

Thank you. I didn't!

revelarts
08-13-2017, 09:49 PM

I get that opinion and sentiment. And Can respect that.however, others ...like myself... don't see the Anthem or the flag as PRIMARILY representing the fallen of the military or the monetary opportunities of individuals.

When i think of the flag and the Anthem I think of the PRINICIPALS they represent, the Ideals of liberty and equality that the military fights and died FOR.

I don't think it's ANY dishonor to the men who died for those ideals if someone uses their freedom to try and bring the nation even closer to living those ideals out.
By making the SYMBOL and the SONG even MORE of a reality. And not primarily idols to revered.

to me sitting down or knelling at the anthem is NOT like flag burning, It's a gesture to get attention. ALL the players have Stood for the Anthem for years... at this point SOME have decided to make political statements.
the statement ..it seems to me ... is NOT "I hate America" the statement is America CAN DO BETTER and SHOULD.

BUt if others can ONLY see disrespect for all things America then the gesture has missed the mark somewhat.

However, it seems to me no matter WHAT form the protest takes many on the right don't like it.
If there's an unplanned march. .. "why are those thugs blocking the streets don't they have jobs! I'd run them over"
If there are songs. "Why are they B1tching... just making money off a song"
If there's a speech by ..well anyone... about it. "Why do they HATE cops so much?!?!? JUST OBEY THE COPS!! and stop acting like a criminal when you walk or drive or sit or look or don't look...."
If there's a PLANNED marched. "Why are they B1tching... they're all on welfare.."
If folks sit quietly at the anthem. "They're RICH!!! because AMERICA! and now have the balls to piss on AMERICA and the MILITARY like that?!?! Why are they so ungrateful and hate America?!?! Wwwwwhy ARRRRGH1! I can't BEAR the HORROR of the OFFENSE they leave I'll never watch their games!"

SOoo, I'm open to suggestion here, OK What would you suggest as a PROPER WAY to protest jim?

aboutime
08-13-2017, 09:59 PM
What Martin Luther King Jr. Said About Violence As Protest
by Truth In Media in Civil Rights Jul 8, 2016

The Quest for Peace and Justice Martin Luther King Jr. Nobel Lecture — December 11, 1964
“Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones. Violence is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding: it seeks to annihilate rather than convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends up defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers.

https://ivn.us/2016/07/08/martin-luther-king-jr-said-violence-protest/

revelarts
08-13-2017, 10:00 PM
What he said --------- ^

This isn't about some statue... this is a person in their way of saying FUCK YOU to our most endeared, beloved symbols we have that represent our nation as a whole, our flag and national anthem, and those who fought, spilled their blood and died to give these jackasses a nation where they could live free and become millionaires just chasing down a pig skin. There are plenty of other ways they can have their little protest, but doing in front of millions upon millions of people, showing their utter disdain and disrespect for our flag and our national anthem, just because these spoiled little jocks have a camera on them giving them this platform, they should NOT be doing that. They are SPITTING in the face of millions of Americans, and believe me, once again this year, since it appears the NFL didn't learn jack squat from last year, viewer ship will go down, maybe even more than last year.

THAT is what I'm saying, and it's nothing like your leftist spin, rev. Why did Jim get it and you didn't?

That was no "leftist spin", I was just applying the template/logic you used elsewhere, to this situation.
(unless you're saying your thinking pattern is basically the SAME as leftist...coughiftheshoefitscough? )

That's why i didn't let it slide by.
What I think they are doing is NOT spitting in the face of Americans, It's Asking millions of Americans to TAKE NOTE.
America CAN STILL IMPROVE. There's a problem that needs to be addressed HONESTLY. Addressing it will help America to ...EVEN MORE... live UP to the IDEALS the FLAG and ANTHEM are SYMBOLS for.

revelarts
08-13-2017, 10:02 PM
What Martin Luther King Jr. Said About Violence As Protest
by Truth In Media in Civil Rights Jul 8, 2016

The Quest for Peace and Justice Martin Luther King Jr. Nobel Lecture — December 11, 1964
“Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. I am not unmindful of the fact that violence often brings about momentary results. Nations have frequently won their independence in battle. But in spite of temporary victories, violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones. Violence is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding: it seeks to annihilate rather than convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends up defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers.

https://ivn.us/2016/07/08/martin-luther-king-jr-said-violence-protest/
So what's "VIOLENT" about sitting at a ball game AT?

nothing.

Black Diamond
08-13-2017, 10:27 PM
I'll go with James Harrison for now.

Black Diamond
08-13-2017, 10:31 PM
Y'all know if marshawn came out with a shirt or sign that condemned gays, a suspension would be handed down. That goes for Colin too.

michiganFats
08-13-2017, 10:38 PM
Thank you. I didn't!

No, but you did refer to yours as the truth.

A sporting event is an entertainment venue. Congress doesn't stand for National Anthem before their sessions. I made it from K through 12 without ever having to stand for the National Anthem. In over 20 years of service I maybe had to stand for it 5 times, maybe. But you think society will crumble if standing for it before sporting events doesn't remain a tradition.

revelarts
08-13-2017, 10:43 PM
Y'all know if Marshawn came out with a shirt or sign that condemned gays, a suspension would be handed down. That goes for Colin too.
I wonder how many people would stop watching the games, and pitch the kind of fits, if they were suspended for that?
I'd guess there'd be some that would complain about the league but I suspect most wouldn't miss a game.
And plenty of "enlightened" football fans would condemn Marshawn for that as well.

Black Diamond
08-13-2017, 10:47 PM
I wonder how many people would stop watching the games, and pitch the kind of fits, if they were suspended for that?
I'd guess there'd be some that would complain about the league but I suspect most wouldn't miss a game.
And plenty of "enlightened" football fans would condemn Marshawn for that as well.
I feel like those who are pro gay are more likely to have no problem with the flag being desecrated... As a rule.

Black Diamond
08-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Also, somewhat to your point, if the leagues start celebrating homosexuality with rainbow colors or the like (which may not be far down the pike), I might be done with those sports.

revelarts
08-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Also, somewhat to your point, if the leagues start celebrating homosexuality with rainbow colors or the like (which may not be far down the pike), I might be done with those sports.

I think a lot of people might.
But I have to wonder what would happen if the confederate flag were raised along side/below the U.S. flag.

I'd be pissed if the League allowed EITHER the Rainbow flag and/or the Confederate flag raised at the singing of the anthem.

And i have to wonder What would be the reaction of fans if a few players stood and held up a Confederate Flag during the anthem?
Would that be OK? Would that be respectful of America, or is that an offense to the military and a spit in the face of millions of Americans as well?

darin
08-14-2017, 08:03 AM
I just hate seeing people protesting over shit that doesn't exist. Would be like protesting to bring attention to the wages of santa's elves.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-14-2017, 08:06 AM
That was no "leftist spin", I was just applying the template/logic you used elsewhere, to this situation.
(unless you're saying your thinking pattern is basically the SAME as leftist...coughiftheshoefitscough? )

That's why i didn't let it slide by.
What I think they are doing is NOT spitting in the face of Americans, It's Asking millions of Americans to TAKE NOTE.
America CAN STILL IMPROVE. There's a problem that needs to be addressed HONESTLY. Addressing it will help America to ...EVEN MORE... live UP to the IDEALS the FLAG and ANTHEM are SYMBOLS for.
What I think they're doing IS spitting in the face of Americans, and is ultimately disrespectful to both of our national symbols, the flag and national anthem, period. These shysters sitting and kneeling during the playing of the national anthem in my eyes are anti American trash. I'd spit on them given the chance.

Now is what you think more important than what I think? No.
Is what I think more important than what you think? No.

And there you have it.

darin
08-14-2017, 08:18 AM
I guess I don't care if they disrespect the flag or me. It's their issue (being dumb), not mine.

revelarts
08-14-2017, 09:46 AM
What I think they're doing IS spitting in the face of Americans, and is ultimately disrespectful to both of our national symbols, the flag and national anthem, period. These shysters sitting and kneeling during the playing of the national anthem in my eyes are anti American trash. I'd spit on them given the chance.

Now is what you think more important than what I think? No.
Is what I think more important than what you think? No.

And there you have it.
So it's OK to Spit on people if you're upset with their opinion then?
That's an appropriate form of protest Or reaction to ideas and people you don't agree with?

Is that "non-violent"?

maybe people who've themselves and their children have been unduly harassed, maimed, falsely jailed and killed by police should start a SPITING in the face of cops, or the people who don't see the problem?

The offense of your own Dead kid would seem to be at least as strong a reason to spit as the offense of knelling at a song.

Abbey Marie
08-14-2017, 12:29 PM
I think it's fake patriotism.

On whose part? I would argue that most fans are sincere. Can't speak for minority fans anymore. Could you be projecting?,

NightTrain
08-14-2017, 12:41 PM
It's disrespectful to this country.

As far as I'm concerned, if you won't stand for the National Anthem as is proper and customary in this country, then you can just get the fuck out. Venezuela is real nice this time of year.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-14-2017, 01:02 PM
So it's OK to Spit on people if you're upset with their opinion then?
That's an appropriate form of protest Or reaction to ideas and people you don't agree with?

Is that "non-violent"?

maybe people who've themselves and their children have been unduly harassed, maimed, falsely jailed and killed by police should start a SPITING in the face of cops, or the people who don't see the problem?

The offense of your own Dead kid would seem to be at least as strong a reason to spit as the offense of knelling at a song.
Then their issue is with law enforcement, not the flag or the national anthem. When you disrespect the flag and anthem, you're not saying you have a problem with the police, you're saying you hate America. What part about that escapes you people?

If they think America is such a rotten nation, then LEAVE, simple as that.

aboutime
08-14-2017, 03:28 PM
How quickly would rev want to leave the greatest nation in the World, without being proud of the FLAG, or the NATIONAL ANTHEM if....he lost his Freedoms, Rights, and Liberties by going to another nation where they have no protective Constitution???

Would you like to leave this country rev? If not. Either you respect your own nation, or you can dress up in WHITE SHEETS, or SHAVE YOUR HEAD, and tattoo your body head to tow with Swastica's to show your DISRESPECT for all you enjoy here.

hjmick
08-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Thank you. I didn't!

I wouldn't call your opinion truth either...

revelarts
08-14-2017, 06:01 PM
Then their issue is with law enforcement, not the flag or the national anthem. When you disrespect the flag and anthem, you're not saying you have a problem with the police, you're saying you hate America. What part about that escapes you people?

If they think America is such a rotten nation, then LEAVE, simple as that.

BY your standards
those who believe that everyone who flies or owns a confederate flag is a racist America hater are correct.
Since THAT's what they've been taught about the Confederate Rebels since childhood, or been trained to believe elsewhere. And Other people should just should "GET IT" Just GET how offensive it is.

I mean what is it about the Confederate flag being ONLY a racist symbol escapes you people?!!??

It ONLY means they HATE black people and HATE AMERICA... especially stinkin' YANKEES!
they should leave the country and find an Island where they can wave that OTHER DEAD nation's FLAG at top mass and stand up and salute THAT thing ... since they hate America so much for beating the living crap out of them. Don't they like the U.S. flag enough?! America has given them all they've GOT!! SO why do they have to wave a SECOND FLAG? That's some CRAZY disrespect. makes me want to spit in their faces and not speak to them. There's only ONE AMERICA. And ONE FLAG. any other flags are an OFFENSE!
Right?

Look, HPDrifter just because you can't FATHOM that others still LIKE America but want it to improve and are therefore willing to use the symbols of the nation to help do so, doesn't mean your definition or your assumption of inner motives apply.

Sorry Drifter.

the meaning and kinds of respect people apply to symbols ISN'T based solely on your or my opinion.
what part of that escapes you?

aboutime
08-14-2017, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't call your opinion truth either...

Never insisted that it was hjmick. That's why they call it Opinion. I have no reason to come here and lie about anything. If some want to deny the truth. That's their problem.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-14-2017, 06:58 PM
BY your standards
those who believe that everyone who flies or owns a confederate flag is a racist America hater are correct.
Since THAT's what they've been taught about the Confederate Rebels since childhood, or been trained to believe elsewhere. And Other people should just should "GET IT" Just GET how offensive it is.

I mean what is it about the Confederate flag being ONLY a racist symbol escapes you people?!!??

It ONLY means they HATE black people and HATE AMERICA... especially stinkin' YANKEES!
they should leave the country and find an Island where they can wave that OTHER DEAD nation's FLAG at top mass and stand up and salute THAT thing ... since they hate America so much for beating the living crap out of them. Don't they like the U.S. flag enough?! America has given them all they've GOT!! SO why do they have to wave a SECOND FLAG? That's some CRAZY disrespect. makes me want to spit in their faces and not speak to them. There's only ONE AMERICA. And ONE FLAG. any other flags are an OFFENSE!
Right?

Look, HPDrifter just because you can't FATHOM that others still LIKE America but want it to improve and are therefore willing to use the symbols of the nation to help do so, doesn't mean your definition or your assumption of inner motives apply.

Sorry Drifter.

the meaning and kinds of respect people apply to symbols ISN'T based solely on your or my just a .
what part of that escapes you?
Sorry rev, but your rant was inane. Being a hyperbolic copy cat doesn't validate a vapid diatribe.

Do you progs realize you're insulting a good third of the entire nation with your insipid hatred of the Confederate Battle flag and statues and such? Why was the Confederate flag so well loved and even used as huge back drops for things like a Leonard Skinner concert and such? Why was it so widely accepted until ONE of you lock step progs decided it was RAAAAAYYYYYYCCIIIISSSST, and you all engaged your GROUP THINK?

You people all have an agenda, and for the greater amount of time all your ideas are anti American crap, and that includes trying to bury our history, good, bad or indifferent.

michiganFats
08-14-2017, 07:19 PM
On whose part? I would argue that most fans are sincere. Can't speak for minority fans anymore. Could you be projecting?,

I'm not projecting. I do stand for the playing of the anthem and I have no problem with it but I also don't have a problem with someone who doesn't stand for it at sporting events. I think it's fake patriotism because I reject the notion that a patriotic test should be associated with something as trivial as a sporting event in the first place, I think it cheapens the meaning of the flag and the anthem.

aboutime
08-14-2017, 07:49 PM
Sorry rev, but your rant was inane. Being a hyperbolic copy cat doesn't validate a vapid diatribe.

Do you progs realize you're insulting a good third of the entire nation with your insipid hatred of the Confederate Battle flag and statues and such? Why was the Confederate flag so well loved and even used as huge back drops for things like a Leonard Skinner concert and such? Why was it so widely accepted until ONE of you lock step progs decided it was RAAAAAYYYYYYCCIIIISSSST, and you all engaged your GROUP THINK?

You people all have an agenda, and for the greater amount of time all your ideas are anti American crap, and that includes trying to bury our history, good, bad or indifferent.

My biggest question is: After more than 150 years. Why now? Why 2017 for all of the Crybaby, Whiners, Offended, Insulted, Liberal, P.C.er's pushing so hard to remove statues that will always signify a large portion of our nation's History?
Other than the fact...all of those now weeping about the statues just need something else to complain about? They all represent a SICKNESS in the country, bigger than the RACISM, and HATRED they all claim those statues bring about.

revelarts
08-14-2017, 08:40 PM

I'm not a "progressive". I'm more of a christian, small govt, constitutionalist, libertarian.
And Ummm, I think you missed my point. So I'll just leave it there.

And I'm getting the impression that you and Drummond will get along very well.

michiganFats
08-14-2017, 09:11 PM

Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Abbey Marie
08-14-2017, 10:12 PM
I'm not projecting. I do stand for the playing of the anthem and I have no problem with it but I also don't have a problem with someone who doesn't stand for it at sporting events. I think it's fake patriotism because I reject the notion that a patriotic test should be associated with something as trivial as a sporting event in the first place, I think it cheapens the meaning of the flag and the anthem.

Even if it were some kind of test, as you put it, would not make it automatically insincere. Believe it or not, many of us sincerely enjoy showing respect for our country, and for those who fought for our freedom.

michiganFats
08-14-2017, 10:17 PM
Even if it were some kind of test, as you put it, would not make it automatically insincere. Believe it or not, many of us sincerely enjoy showing respect for our country, and for those who fought for our freedom.

I understood your confusion the first time so I explained what I meant but now you know that I wasn't accusing individuals of being insincere although some of them are, my problem is with the anthem being played before sporting events at all and given the comments from some in this forum it certainly is a test.

Now speaking as a veteran, it's alright for you to sit if you want to, I won't be offended.

Abbey Marie
08-15-2017, 04:45 PM
I understood your confusion the first time so I explained what I meant but now you know that I wasn't accusing individuals of being insincere although some of them are, my problem is with the anthem being played before sporting events at all and given the comments from some in this forum it certainly is a test.

Now speaking as a veteran, it's alright for you to sit if you want to, I won't be offended.

If you agree (and don't mind) that many people genuinely want to stand for the anthem, why would you mind if it is played? Must we cater to the sensitivities of a tiny minority?

michiganFats
08-15-2017, 05:44 PM
If you agree (and don't mind) that many people genuinely want to stand for the anthem, why would you mind if it is played? Must we cater to the sensitivities of a tiny minority?

I think playing the anthem before something as meaningless as a sporting event is disrespectful. It should be played every morning in our schools. It should be played before government functions. Maybe it should even be played every morning at work. If we did those things then I'd have no problem at all with it also being played before sporting events.

I wonder how many people in this forum stand for the anthem when they're watching the game on TV and how many use that time to go load up on snacks.

Abbey Marie
08-15-2017, 10:53 PM
I think playing the anthem before something as meaningless as a sporting event is disrespectful. It should be played every morning in our schools. It should be played before government functions. Maybe it should even be played every morning at work. If we did those things then I'd have no problem at all with it also being played before sporting events.

I wonder how many people in this forum stand for the anthem when they're watching the game on TV and how many use that time to go load up on snacks.

Ok, fair enough.

aboutime
08-16-2017, 02:58 PM
Burn all of the History books...since they don't teach History in most schools anyway.
Do away with all of the traditions. Stop celebrating holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, births, deaths, and the cost of POT.

Let's allow the anarchists to take over. If anything bothers somebody....one person, or more. STOP doing it, saying it, or looking at it. Let the MOB RULE. Let the gangs take over. Let the Socialists run everything, which means EVERYTHING YOU OWN, is now free for the taking by anyone who DOESN'T HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE.

Does all of that sound Fair, Tolerant, Equal, Logical, Common sense?

Oh, and lets get rid of the Constitution, and politicians. Close the Capitol, and the White House forever. Tear down all of the statues, buildings named after people from History, since we are bowing down to the WHINERS, HATERS, JERKOFFS, LIBERALS, DEMOCRATS, SKINHEADS, SNOWFLAKES, GROWN KIDS LIVING WITH THEIR PARENTS and lets not HURT ANYBODY'S FEELINGS, AND GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT FOR FREE!

Black Diamond
08-20-2017, 02:41 PM
I hate abortion. Much bigger tragedy than a few overzealous cops. Should I wipe my ass with the American flag until Roe is overturned ?