PDA

View Full Version : Hundreds Protest Wall In Texas

High_Plains_Drifter
08-13-2017, 03:50 PM
I see every one of these filthy people as traitors to America. What they are advocating is OPEN BORDERS and NO IMMIGRATION LAWS, PERIOD. Break out the tear gas and paddy wagons and throw this trash in jail. They're no better than the radicals in Charlottsville.

http://www.statesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/advocates-stage-first-big-texas-protest-against-border-wall/Gc3YkwfRwYSSqjkMRosnzO/

jimnyc
08-13-2017, 04:20 PM
I see every one of these filthy people as traitors to America. What they are advocating is OPEN BORDERS and NO IMMIGRATION LAWS, PERIOD. Break out the tear gas and paddy wagons and throw this trash in jail. They're no better than the radicals in Charlottsville.

http://www.statesman.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/advocates-stage-first-big-texas-protest-against-border-wall/Gc3YkwfRwYSSqjkMRosnzO/

Funny. Like when the illegals go somewhere to protest actions against illegal aliens. :(

Just a matter of time...

In the mean time, I've pointed out the massive downturn in illegals coming across the border already. The feds are out scooping up the bad eggs of them all, arresting them and deporting them. And that's perfect from my POV, find any felons and/or repeat criminals out there first.

michiganFats
08-13-2017, 07:44 PM

Some of them seemed to be the open border types but some others seemed to have some good reasons. The article said the government was going to have to seize some land and other landowners were upset that some of their land would be on the "Mexican" side of the fence.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-14-2017, 12:49 PM
Some of them seemed to be the open border types but some others seemed to have some good reasons. The article said the government was going to have to seize some land and other landowners were upset that some of their land would be on the "Mexican" side of the fence.
NONE of the fence will be on "the Mexican side." What the article does say is... "consigning homes and farmland to what some derisively call “the Mexican side.”"

That is nothing more than a nick name given an area by the locals.

michiganFats
08-14-2017, 01:00 PM
NONE of the fence will be on "the Mexican side." What the article does say is... "consigning homes and farmland to what some derisively call “the Mexican side.”"

That is nothing more than a nick name given an area by the locals.

I know the fence won't be on the Mexican side but it also won't be right on the border which means some American land will be on the "Mexican" side of the fence.

Gunny
08-14-2017, 01:18 PM
Funny. Like when the illegals go somewhere to protest actions against illegal aliens. :(

Just a matter of time...

In the mean time, I've pointed out the massive downturn in illegals coming across the border already. The feds are out scooping up the bad eggs of them all, arresting them and deporting them. And that's perfect from my POV, find any felons and/or repeat criminals out there first.

Yes you DID point out this "massive" downturn. You're still wrong. Among all the other points I made, the fact that less are coming over because of an upturn in the Mexican economy can be factored in.

There's a massive downturn in getting caught is all. They're still here.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-14-2017, 01:23 PM
I know the fence won't be on the Mexican side but it also won't be right on the border which means some American land will be on the "Mexican" side of the fence.
I'm sure that's true with lots of it. That's the way it's done with everything, it's called an "easement."

I'm sure they'll try and keep it to a minimum, and land owners will be generously compensated for any lose of land.

Yes you DID point out this "massive" downturn. You're still wrong. Among all the other points I made, the fact that less are coming over because of an upturn in the Mexican economy can be factored in.

There's a massive downturn in getting caught... where?

The downturn at the border is because there's less coming. That story is all over the news.

But yes there's still millions here. The ones that came here legally and simply over stayed their visa is a huge problem.

michiganFats
08-14-2017, 01:29 PM
I'm sure that's true with lots of it. That's the way it's done with everything, it's called an "easement."

I'm sure they'll try and keep it to a minimum, and land owners will be generously compensated for any lose of land.

Well that makes it all better then. Unless they don't want to lose the land in the first place just so a pointless eyesore can be built which is why they're protesting to begin with, well some of them.

Gunny
08-14-2017, 01:44 PM
There's a massive downturn in getting caught... where?

The downturn at the border is because there's less coming. That story is all over the news.

But yes there's still millions here. The ones that came here legally and simply over stayed their visa is a huge problem.Yeah well ... I live in a major conduit for illegals and they're STILL coming and they're STILL here. And don't misunderstand ME .... I don't want them here. I have to pay MY taxes to be here.

I just think claiming some monumental victory as "massive" when there are more factors than just Trump in play is stretching it a bit. Any 3rd grader could tell you that if Trump merely tore up Obama's signing order keeping ICE from doing its job was going to have an impact. It may have closed the screen, but it didn't bolt the door by any means.

Mexicans NOT coming here is certainly a factor. If and more like when their economy tanks again, they'll be back.

Oh and "hundreds" of protesters? You know how many people there are in this state? "Hundreds?" :laugh: That's a pretty shameful turnout :).

High_Plains_Drifter
08-14-2017, 04:59 PM
Well that makes it all better then. Unless they don't want to lose the land in the first place just so a pointless eyesore can be built which is why they're protesting to begin with, well some of them.
The land these people will lose, if they lose any, will either be useless land where nothing can be built or grown, or if it's on good flat land, so little will be lost, like a few feet, that they won't miss it anyway.

You make it sound as if they're going to lose massive chunks of prime agricultural land, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Yeah well ... I live in a major conduit for illegals and they're STILL coming and they're STILL here. And don't misunderstand ME .... I don't want them here. I have to pay MY taxes to be here.

I just think claiming some monumental victory as "massive" when there are more factors than just Trump in play is stretching it a bit. Any 3rd grader could tell you that if Trump merely tore up Obama's signing order keeping ICE from doing its job was going to have an impact. It may have closed the screen, but it didn't bolt the door by any means.

Mexicans NOT coming here is certainly a factor. If and more like when their economy tanks again, they'll be back.

Oh and "hundreds" of protesters? You know how many people there are in this state? "Hundreds?" :laugh: That's a pretty shameful turnout :).
I still see the illegals up here in Wisconsin too, Gunny, walking through the stores, all of them speaking spanish. They come up to work on the big conglomerate farms. Some come legally, some don't, some come legally and then illegally stay. I wish Walker was tougher on them, and the farmers that hire them.

michiganFats
08-14-2017, 05:23 PM
The land these people will lose, if they lose any, will either be useless land where nothing can be built or grown, or if it's on good flat land, so little will be lost, like a few feet, that they won't miss it anyway.

You make it sound as if they're going to lose massive chunks of prime agricultural land, when nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not making sound like anything other than what it is, landowners not wanting to lose their land. Take it up with them but I don't think they're going to warm up to your "relax the government is here to help" routine.

I still see the illegals up here in Wisconsin too, Gunny, walking through the stores, all of them speaking spanish. They come up to work on the big conglomerate farms. Some come legally, some don't, some come legally and then illegally stay. I wish Walker was tougher on them, and the farmers that hire them.

How do you know they're illegal?

High_Plains_Drifter
08-14-2017, 06:43 PM
I'm not making sound like anything other than what it is, landowners not wanting to lose their land. Take it up with them but I don't think they're going to warm up to your "relax the government is here to help" routine.
Well why don't you just find an example there mister hyperbole... show me who and how much land someone is losing... show me... link...

How do you know they're illegal?
Because I know who some of them are and the farmers they work for. Been the same for decades here in WI, that's how.

michiganFats
08-14-2017, 06:58 PM
Well why don't you just find an example there mister hyperbole... show me who and how much land someone is losing... show me... link...

I don't understand what your problem is, I used wording directly from your linked article. If you have a problem maybe you should link a different article.

Because I know who some of them are and the farmers they work for. Been the same for decades here in WI, that's how.

So they told you they were illegal and the farmers did too? Alrighty then.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-14-2017, 07:06 PM
I don't understand what your problem is, I used wording directly from your linked article. If you have a problem maybe you should link a different article.
You're the one having the melt down about people losing land. Show me the people losing land and how much they're losing, simple as that. You make it sound like there's lots of people losing substantial amounts... well... show me.

If you can't, then it looks like your little melt down has been pretty much a put on... which would be very typical of you snow flakes.

michiganFats
08-14-2017, 09:16 PM
You're the one having the melt down about people losing land. Show me the people losing land and how much they're losing, simple as that. You make it sound like there's lots of people losing substantial amounts... well... show me.

If you can't, then it looks like your little melt down has been pretty much a put on... which would be very typical of you snow flakes.

I'm not having a meltdown, I just disagree with you. Disagreements don't bother me like they do some other people (cough) and I'm also wondering if you even read the article you linked because it doesn't mention open borders or immigration law.

PostmodernProphet
08-14-2017, 09:23 PM

all they have to do is give permission to build on the southern border of their land......

we could paint a pretty picture on it so it won't be an eyesore.....

michiganFats
08-14-2017, 09:43 PM
we could paint a pretty picture on it so it won't be an eyesore.....

I guess that beats seeing TRUMP painted on there in gigantic gold flake lettering.

darin
08-15-2017, 01:48 AM

*fewer are coming over, not 'less'

:)

I completely doubt any uptick in the Mexican economy would sway the mind of somebody who wants to get to the USA. I'd probably bet those who want to come over illegally simply have no idea their home-country's economy is doing anything, up or down. We're talking folks who have fear of imprisonment and legal issue - and those two things are the only factor stopping their mass migration.

The story should be entitled "Hundreds of people in Texas display their idiocy and probably shouldn't be able to vote nor reproduce"

High_Plains_Drifter
08-15-2017, 09:14 AM
I'm not having a meltdown, I just disagree with you. Disagreements don't bother me like they do some other people (cough) and I'm also wondering if you even read the article you linked because it doesn't mention open borders or immigration law.
It's not even a disagreement. You put on this big song and dance about the government taking land from people as though they'd be losing huge chunks of it, and for the third time I ask you to show me any proof of that is all.

Apparently you can't, so that's the end of that. You put on your song and dance just for effect.

Gunny
08-15-2017, 11:01 AM

How do you know they're illegal?One of those "have to be there" things. I don't know how they do it in WI, but I live where it's 50% Hispanic. It's easy to tell the difference in most cases between a Tejano (Mexican American) and a Mexican. REALLY simple to differentiate between Mexicans and Cubans.

I used to work on job sites where almost all of the unskilled labor jobs were filled by illegals. The contractors hire a subcontractor to provide labor and don't ask where from. I'm ALL FOR hammering the piss out of the employers instead of the slap on the wrist they get.

The way to tell the difference between an illegal and a migrant worker with a visa is you ask to see their visas.

michiganFats
08-15-2017, 11:08 AM
One of those "have to be there" things. I don't know how they do it in WI, but I live where it's 50% Hispanic. It's easy to tell the difference in most cases between a Tejano (Mexican American) and a Mexican. REALLY simple to differentiate between Mexicans and Cubans.

I used to work on job sites where almost all of the unskilled labor jobs were filled by illegals. The contractors hire a subcontractor to provide labor and don't ask where from. I'm ALL FOR hammering the piss out of the employers instead of the slap on the wrist they get.

The way to tell the difference between an illegal and a migrant worker with a visa is you ask to see their visas.

I'm in favor of hammering the employers too. The reason I asked him about how he knew is that we have hispanics on farms up here too in the summer and many people assume they're illegal but they're not, they're here working on guest worker visas. It's rare to see an illegal outside of a Mexican ghetto up here.

Gunny
08-15-2017, 11:30 AM
I'm in favor of hammering the employers too. The reason I asked him about how he knew is that we have hispanics on farms up here too in the summer and many people assume they're illegal but they're not, they're here working on guest worker visas. It's rare to see an illegal outside of a Mexican ghetto up here.

I really never had to assume. Yo comprende Espanol. Not that I give THAT edge away :). Once you do, they stop talking about you in Spanish.

It's a Catch-22 for us. After I retired from the Corps, I worked as a commercial electrician. Most of the painters, rough carpenters, ditch diggers, etc are illegals on job sites here. If you rat them out, ICE (usually Hispanic Americans here) roll into the parking lot doing 1 mph, sirens blaring and the illegals take off. You'd have to be parapalegic to get caught :laugh:. They don't want to bust them.

However, if it is learned (usually is) WHO ratted them out, the rat is out of a job. So you just don't say anything. The illegals will be back across the River before you find another job.

I guarantee you that if the major contractors were hit in the wallet hard enough to hurt, it WOULD have an effect. Too many people believe building a wall will stop illegal immigration. We already have one? See how well THAT has worked?

The issue has to be attacked from multiple angles on BOTH sides of the border for it to work.

As far as the differences go ID-wise, Mexicans (as opposed to Mexican Americans) are give away by their lifestyle, the way they dress and act -- it's cultural. In the instance of my personal experience, legal migrant workers aren't going to do the menial labor for peanuts the illegals will.

michiganFats
08-15-2017, 12:29 PM
I know Texas is different than Michigan. I always thought the stories about hundreds of illegals hanging out in parking lots looking for work were fake or at least exaggerated but a couple of years ago I visited a friend in Arlington and sure enough I saw hundreds of guys in parking lots hanging around waiting to work odd jobs. I've never seen it in Michigan and I lived in California for a few years and didn't see it there either although I didn't live in SoCal so maybe that's why not.

Gunny
08-15-2017, 12:37 PM
I know Texas is different than Michigan. I always thought the stories about hundreds of illegals hanging out in parking lots looking for work were fake or at least exaggerated but a couple of years ago I visited a friend in Arlington and sure enough I saw hundreds of guys in parking lots hanging around waiting to work odd jobs. I've never seen it in Michigan and I lived in California for a few years and didn't see it there either although I didn't live in SoCal so maybe that's why not.They hang out here right across the street from the courthouse down town. There are quite a few places they meet. Usually park-n-ride lots.

Guy shows up in a truck and says he needs 3 (or however many) and that many hop on. Another truck will be along shortly.

I don't remember it in SoCal. I was stationed on bases though so I probably wasn't in any of the "right" places to notice. ESPECIALLY at the Recruit Depot :laugh:. Ain't a whole bunch of "volunteers" showing up at the gate there.

jimnyc
08-15-2017, 12:48 PM

I know they're still here, and I know more are still coming. But there HAS been a massive downturn in the numbers coming across. It's been on every channel and every MSM outlet. Anywhere from 40-70% of total numbers.

Gunny
08-15-2017, 01:05 PM
I know they're still here, and I know more are still coming. But there HAS been a massive downturn in the numbers coming across. It's been on every channel and every MSM outlet. Anywhere from 40-70% of total numbers.I'll go with what I see with my eyes rather than the MSM or the US government. I'll also go with the local news because this topic affects us locally.

I'm very curious about the comments that the improvement in Mexico's economy have had the biggest effect. Of course ANY combination simultaneously is going to magnify the effect.

Problem is, be from here. If Trump doesn't sign all these changes into law, they're only as good as BO's signing orders are. The next Dem can just shitcan them and re-implement BO's porous border policy. The policy changes here too depending on who controls the Texas Congress and Heaven forbid we get a Dem Governor.

jimnyc
08-15-2017, 01:07 PM
I'll go with what I see with my eyes rather than the MSM or the US government. I'll also go with the local news because this topic affects us locally.

I'm very curious about the comments that the improvement in Mexico's economy have had the biggest effect. Of course ANY combination simultaneously is going to magnify the effect.

Problem is, be from here. If Trump doesn't sign all these changes into law, they're only as good as BO's signing orders are. The next Dem can just shitcan them and re-implement BO's porous border policy. The policy changes here too depending on who controls the Texas Congress and Heaven forbid we get a Dem Governor.

I'm sure it is the same in your area if that's what you see. I'm not doubting that. But there are quite a few places that have come out with various numbers - and they all show down, and they all show a lot. Not enough IMO, but it's a dang great start.