PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Hero Say's Nope To the Dope

Psychoblues
08-09-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm very happy for his paid tuition. He earned it the hard way, the American way.

"Bridge Hero Gets Offer: Paid Tuition
By ELLEN BARRY

Among the dozens of wrenching accounts to come out of the collapse of the Interstate 35W bridge in Minneapolis, the actions of 20-year-old Jeremy Hernandez were a bright spot: Trapped in a tipping school bus with 50 children, he kicked open the back door and began helping them one by one to safety.

Within a day, news outlets across the country were repeating the story of the school bus, along with a sad footnote — that Mr. Hernandez had recently been forced to drop out of an automotive repair program because he could not afford the $15,000 tuition.

That has changed. On Saturday, Mr. Hernandez learned that Dunwoody College of Technology had offered him a full scholarship toward a degree in applied science. He has also received offers of help from dozens of strangers across the country, said Molly Schwartz, communications director for Pillsbury United Communities, which employed him as a gym coordinator for one of its summer programs.

“We’re all very emotional about this,” Ms. Schwartz said. When she sat with Mr. Hernandez on Friday and read him e-mail messages from across the country, she said, “His eyes are just getting bigger and bigger — ‘California. You’re kidding.’ When we told him about the Dunwoody thing his eyes just got really wide.”

Mr. Hernandez was not available to comment on the offer; Ms. Schwartz said he left town for northern Minnesota late on Friday, overwhelmed by the attention and concerned that his co-workers were being overlooked. He spent the weekend fishing. When President Bush’s staff contacted him to request a photo opportunity, “He was just, like, ‘Nope,’ ” she said."

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/us/07hero.html?_r=1&ei=5087&em=&en=b4d32355bd89cfc1&ex=1186632000&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

I wonder if he has papers proving he is in this country legally? You just can't trust those with a name like Hernandez?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

08-09-2007, 01:53 AM
sad you wouldnt give a damn about this kid if it werent for his political statement.

red states rule
08-09-2007, 08:09 AM
sad you wouldnt give a damn about this kid if it werent for his political statement.

any Bush hater is a friend to Psycho

dan
08-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Genuine Hero Say's Nope To the Dope

:laugh2:That's a funny title, Pb.

Hagbard Celine
08-09-2007, 09:16 AM
That's awesome! It's great that he's being rewarded for saving all those lives.

Gunny
08-09-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm very happy for his paid tuition. He earned it the hard way, the American way.

By ELLEN BARRY

Among the dozens of wrenching accounts to come out of the collapse of the Interstate 35W bridge in Minneapolis, the actions of 20-year-old Jeremy Hernandez were a bright spot: Trapped in a tipping school bus with 50 children, he kicked open the back door and began helping them one by one to safety.

Within a day, news outlets across the country were repeating the story of the school bus, along with a sad footnote — that Mr. Hernandez had recently been forced to drop out of an automotive repair program because he could not afford the $15,000 tuition.

That has changed. On Saturday, Mr. Hernandez learned that Dunwoody College of Technology had offered him a full scholarship toward a degree in applied science. He has also received offers of help from dozens of strangers across the country, said Molly Schwartz, communications director for Pillsbury United Communities, which employed him as a gym coordinator for one of its summer programs.

“We’re all very emotional about this,” Ms. Schwartz said. When she sat with Mr. Hernandez on Friday and read him e-mail messages from across the country, she said, “His eyes are just getting bigger and bigger — ‘California. You’re kidding.’ When we told him about the Dunwoody thing his eyes just got really wide.”

Mr. Hernandez was not available to comment on the offer; Ms. Schwartz said he left town for northern Minnesota late on Friday, overwhelmed by the attention and concerned that his co-workers were being overlooked. He spent the weekend fishing. When President Bush’s staff contacted him to request a photo opportunity, “He was just, like, ‘Nope,’ ” she said."

More: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/us/07hero.html?_r=1&ei=5087&em=&en=b4d32355bd89cfc1&ex=1186632000&pagewanted=print&oref=slogin

I wonder if he has papers proving he is in this country legally? You just can't trust those with a name like Hernandez?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

You're not making sense, psycho. Why would Hernandez have a problem with the illiegal immigrants' most powerful champion? Methinks you're overreaching ...

Psychoblues
08-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Not in a million years, gunny.

You're not making sense, psycho. Why would Hernandez have a problem with the illiegal immigrants' most powerful champion? Methinks you're overreaching ...

I'm just sharing facts that most of these rush limpdick worshippers would rather not hear. Are you listening?

emmett
08-20-2007, 10:54 PM

By ELLEN BARRY

That is a very heartwarming story Psycho. It digs clear down into the soul. What a wonderful thing this guy did huh?

I also think it is nice that people have stepped up to the plate and made this offer.

Rather he is an illegal immigrant or not came clearly from your desire to turn the story into that here on the board.......let's see.......how did you put it. Your pissing up the tow line backwards.....what was it.

Why would you use this story to fabricate a belief that anyone woulf think Mr. Hernandez is an illegal. Hell, the Attorney General is named Gonzalez. Get a cup of coffee and call me in the morning dude.

Psychoblues
08-20-2007, 10:58 PM
That's your lie and don't involve me with it.

That is a very heartwarming story Psycho. It digs clear down into the soul. What a wonderful thing this guy did huh?

I also think it is nice that people have stepped up to the plate and made this offer.

Rather he is an illegal immigrant or not came clearly from your desire to turn the story into that here on the board.......let's see.......how did you put it. Your pissing up the tow line backwards.....what was it.

Why would you use this story to fabricate a belief that anyone woulf think Mr. Hernandez is an illegal. Hell, the Attorney General is named Gonzalez. Get a cup of coffee and call me in the morning dude.

Alberto is a shithead, legal or not. That is my opinion.