PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Donald Trump Is President

jimnyc
08-15-2017, 01:29 PM
Breaking News: Donald Trump Is President

Donald J Trump is president. Really. He won it fair and square, he was inaugurated seven -- almost eight -- months ago, and he very probably is going to be president for another three and a half years.

Minimum.

So, now, children, let's calm down. All of you people over there saying Trump is unqualified and should be removed? Give it up. He's qualified by the only qualification that matters: he is over 35, he is a native U.S. citizen, and he won the damned election. The Constitution doesn't have a clause in it for removal by vote of the media, or because his political opponents don't like him. The only reason he can be removed constitutionally is if someone finds high crimes and misdemeanors.

Now, I know that some people are fantasizing about the Democrats taking the House, and passing a bill of impeachment, and somehow getting the Senate to convict.

To which I say, "be careful, you'll get chafed."

Besides, look what we know now: the Russian collusion story is effectively dead -- the famous "Golden Shower" dossier is the product of a Democratic opposition research house, talking to Russians is actually not a crime, and the case has gotten much stronger that the DNC emails weren't obtained by Russian hackers. If you're hanging your hopes on the Emoluments Clause, remember that George Washington ran his business while president. If George Washington could do it without hitting the Emoluments Clause, it's going to be tough passing the laugh test with Trump.

Let's game the impeachment out, though. Say it happened. Then there are going to be approximately 43 million Americans who are convinced that the president they elected has been removed by the people they were voting against when they elected him. I don't care what you think of Trump, that won't be good. And should it happen, what do you think the next election will be like?

Rest here - https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/08/13/breaking-news-donald-trump-is-president/

Gunny
08-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Breaking News ....

Is this for anyone in particular? Tavy Ratnip ran off with his meeces.

jimnyc
08-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Breaking News ....

Is this for anyone in particular? Tavy Ratnip ran off with his meeces.

There's some in there for Trump supporters as well. Just a piece for everyone, a little food for thought is all. :)

michiganFats
08-15-2017, 01:44 PM
Let's game the impeachment out, though. Say it happened. Then there are going to be approximately 43 million Americans who are convinced that the president they elected has been removed by the people they were voting against when they elected him.

I've pointed this out to people too and I think they underestimate the force of the crapstorm which would ensue were it to happen.

jimnyc
08-15-2017, 01:47 PM
I've pointed this out to people too and I think they underestimate the force of the crapstorm which would ensue were it to happen.

I think some want that, or at least they think they do.

First one in line is Maxine Waters, who is apparently on a "Bash Trump" tour. Methinks the senile old hag just likes all of the attention they are giving her.

Gunny
08-15-2017, 01:47 PM
I've pointed this out to people too and I think they underestimate the force of the crapstorm which would ensue were it to happen.You're basing that on being intelligent. These are the people that keep Pelosi, Waters and Rangel in office election after election. Setting a pretty high bar.

michiganFats
08-15-2017, 02:24 PM
I think some want that, or at least they think they do.

That's something to consider. Maybe the circus in DC right now is being deliberately over the top with their baseless claims for a reason. If Trump does end up being removed and millions lose all confidence in the federal government then what follows? Why amend the Constitution when setting it on fire is so much easier?

Black Diamond
08-15-2017, 02:32 PM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10782&stc=1