PDA

View Full Version : USS Fitzgerald Findings.

Elessar
08-17-2017, 07:52 PM
They are saying that a whole Watch team lost "Situational Awareness"...

Bullshit! That will work for one or two people, but not 12:

http://www.secnav.navy.mil/foia/readingroom/HotTopics/USS%20Fitzgerald/Supplemental%20Inquiry%20USS%20Fitzgerald.pdf

That whole watch team was negligent.

(Thanks to Kaimhel for the link)

aboutime
08-17-2017, 08:38 PM
NOTICE HOW MUCH OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS OF THE REPORT WERE....

REDACTED (blacked-out). Watch standers??? Cover up? YOU BET YOUR BIPPY!

per 30 year, Navy Veteran of six navy ships.

Elessar
08-17-2017, 09:33 PM
NOTICE HOW MUCH OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTS OF THE REPORT WERE....

REDACTED (blacked-out). Watch standers??? Cover up? YOU BET YOUR BIPPY!

per 30 year, Navy Veteran of six navy ships.

Aye....I did!

Bilgerat
08-18-2017, 09:36 AM
And the Command triad has been "fired"

USS Fitzgerald (DDG-62) commander Cmdr. Bryce Benson, executive officer Cmdr. Sean Babbitt and command master chief CMC Brice Baldwin were removed from their positions by U.S. 7th Fleet commander Vice Adm. Joseph Aucoin this week based on the early results of several investigations into the June 17 collision between the destroyer and the merchant ship ACX Crystal, VCNO Adm. Bill Moran told reporters

https://news.usni.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Image-1.jpg

aboutime
08-18-2017, 03:00 PM
And the Command triad has been "fired"

USS Fitzgerald (DDG-62) commander Cmdr. Bryce Benson, executive officer Cmdr. Sean Babbitt and command master chief CMC Brice Baldwin were removed from their positions by U.S. 7th Fleet commander Vice Adm. Joseph Aucoin this week based on the early results of several investigations into the June 17 collision between the destroyer and the merchant ship ACX Crystal, VCNO Adm. Bill Moran told reporters

https://news.usni.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Image-1.jpg

Bilgerat. Actually. That is ALWAYS what happens after accidents at sea like this.
For all of my years in the navy. I cannot remember ANY instance when this did not take place. It's standard Navy procedure...Honestly.
In fact. During all my years in uniform. Whenever we learned of any kind of accident at sea, by any ship. The first words we normally heard were: "Well, there's another Captain who will NEVER become an Admiral." Collisions at sea are ALWAYS blamed on the CO. Because he Lost Control of his Ship, and placed it in Harms Way.

Bilgerat
08-18-2017, 04:12 PM
Bilgerat. Actually. That is ALWAYS what happens after accidents at sea like this.
For all of my years in the navy. I cannot remember ANY instance when this did not take place. It's standard Navy procedure...Honestly.
In fact. During all my years in uniform. Whenever we learned of any kind of accident at sea, by any ship. The first words we normally heard were: "Well, there's another Captain who will NEVER become an Admiral." Collisions at sea are ALWAYS blamed on the CO. Because he Lost Control of his Ship, and placed it in Harms Way.

I concur with the CO getting the chop. In fact after learning about this I said to the Lady, "well, that CO's career is done".

But the fault didn't stop with the CO, the 7th Fleet Commander took out the XO AND the CMC. That makes me wonder.

aboutime
08-18-2017, 04:15 PM
I concur with the CO getting the chop. In fact after learning about this I said to the Lady, "well, that CO's career is done".

But the fault didn't stop with the CO, the 7th Fleet Commander took out the XO AND the CMC. That makes me wonder.

Total breakdown in Leadership. Probably coddled crew to help everybody be FRIENDS.

I've seen it many times before. This no-doubt goes much deeper. But 7TH FLEET won't be sharing any of that with the public.