PDA

View Full Version : Total Solar Eclipse Could Impact Trump

michiganFats
08-18-2017, 09:45 AM
I just read this in the Detroit Free Press. Astrologers are worried about the impact of the solar eclipse on Trump and on the nation. I would not normally have posted this in a serious news sub forum but the Free Press is displaying this on their website under a banner that says "Breaking News". I'm not kidding.

http://www.freep.com/story/life/2017/08/18/solar-eclipse-trump-astrology/570025001/

“In this eclipse cycle, it has a pattern throughout presidencies and speaks primarily about abuses of power and how people have overstepped their boundaries in positions of power,” Gordon said.

Yes, they really resorted to this.

pete311
08-18-2017, 09:46 AM
Dumb shit that you freely propagate.

michiganFats
08-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Dumb shit that you freely propagate.

But it's a link Pete, I thought you liked links.

I understand, you're embarrassed and you should be. The Free Press, your people by the way, just called this breaking news.

pete311
08-18-2017, 09:51 AM

I understand, you're embarrassed and you should be. The Free Press, your people by the way, just called this breaking news.

USA Today also bought my cities newspaper. I live in Milwaukee. I haven't read the newspaper since. It's total rubbish.

Black Diamond
08-18-2017, 09:58 AM

Right up there with Britney Spears doesn't wear underwear. :)

michiganFats
08-18-2017, 09:59 AM
USA Today also bought my cities newspaper. I live in Milwaukee. I haven't read the newspaper since. It's total rubbish.

Good for you. Now back to the point, what do you think of a newspaper calling this breaking news?

pete311
08-18-2017, 10:00 AM
Good for you. Now back to the point, what do you think of a newspaper calling this breaking news?

Part of the problem

michiganFats
08-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Right up there with Britney Spears doesn't wear underwear. :)

Is she still alive?

Black Diamond
08-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Correlation =/= causation. End of story.

pete311
08-18-2017, 10:02 AM
Correlation =/= causation. End of story.

More like astrology is total bullshit. End of story. :cool:

michiganFats
08-18-2017, 10:14 AM
More like astrology is total bullshit. End of story. :cool:

Is it really? Are you sure about that?

Of course astrology is bullshit, if it weren't bullshit then a big red banner proclaiming it to be breaking news wouldn't be notable, would it?

For anyone reading from this point on the Free Press removed the banner so now this just looks like a regular interest story but at one point this was on their front page under a big red banner that said breaking news.

Black Diamond
08-18-2017, 10:15 AM
My favorite is the Fox News alert (I'm sure the other news channels do this). Every time they have that, you're supposed to think it's like the second plane hit.

Black Diamond
08-18-2017, 10:16 AM
Is it really? Are you sure about that?

Of course astrology is bullshit, if it weren't bullshit then a big red banner proclaiming it to be breaking news wouldn't be notable, would it?

For anyone reading from this point on the Free Press removed the banner so now this just looks like a regular interest story but at one point this was on their front page under a big red banner that said breaking news.
I think all networks are guilty of this. But this example takes the cake.

michiganFats
08-18-2017, 10:17 AM
My favorite is the Fox News alert (I'm sure the other news channels do this). Every time they have that, you're supposed to think it's like the second plane hit.

I stopped watching FOX a long time ago when they were doing those color coded terror alerts.

Black Diamond
08-18-2017, 10:18 AM
I stopped watching FOX a long time ago when they were doing those color coded terror alerts.
Was that theirs? I thought homeland security did that ???

michiganFats
08-18-2017, 10:31 AM
Was that theirs? I thought homeland security did that ???

DHS issued them but FOX, I thought, went way over the top when it came to displaying them.

Black Diamond
08-18-2017, 11:36 AM
DHS issued them but FOX, I thought, went way over the top when it came to displaying them.
Ahh ok. Agreed.

Gunny
08-18-2017, 12:35 PM
My favorite is the Fox News alert (I'm sure the other news channels do this). Every time they have that, you're supposed to think it's like the second plane hit.Is there some point in time there is NOT a "Fox News Alert"?

It's the PC mind set. No story can be just a story if another is "BREAKING!" or "Fox News Alert". That would hurt the story's psyche for being made to feel less important. Hell, if you're "just" average, you suck :) .