PDA

View Full Version : Alaska goodies!

jimnyc
08-19-2017, 02:07 PM
Rick and Sharon sent me an overnight box a few days back. There was my awesome salmon in there, and then some other salmon catches as well. Also some halibut! And not only that, some homemade pierogies that Sharon made! And also 3 things of a variety of smoked salmon. Oh, and as if that weren't enough, also 4 bags of the Denali coffee that I enjoyed while there! Well, one was Denali, one "shit creek", another some Outhouse stuff and I forget the 4th. All will be drank and enjoyed though!

I'll be trying some of the salmon tonight and hope I do it the right way. :)

Rick, Sharon, wish I could thank you guys some more, or show you how much I appreciate you guys!

And now I'm counting the days to March of 2018 when I hope to go again starting on the 1st, to go see Alaska and the snow, and hand some beers off to the mushers and say hello to the doggies! :)

Black Diamond
08-19-2017, 02:09 PM
Rick is trying desperately to get promoted to admin. :cool:

jimnyc
08-19-2017, 02:09 PM
Rick is trying desperately to get promoted to admin. :cool:

What Rick is going to get is a neighbor! :coffee:

hjmick
08-19-2017, 02:18 PM
What Rick is going to get is a neighbor! :coffee:

There goes the neighborhood...

Kathianne
08-19-2017, 02:22 PM
There goes the neighborhood...

Alaska will turn into Sedona, all the 'old timers' whining for the old days, without so much traffic. ;)

Black Diamond
08-19-2017, 02:23 PM
Alaska will turn into Sedona, all the 'old timers' whining for the old days, without so much traffic. ;)
But do they have a vortex? :cool:

Kathianne
08-19-2017, 02:24 PM
But do they have a vortex? :cool:
Plenty. Head shops too. Weird place, but so beautiful.

Black Diamond
08-19-2017, 02:26 PM
Plenty. Head shops too. Weird place, but so beautiful.
Oh I know. I just remember a particular mountain folks would flock to in Sedona round sunset.

Black Diamond
08-19-2017, 02:32 PM
We went to Sedona on vacation a couple of times. The first time we went was in June. It was unseasonably warm: 105.

NightTrain
08-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Rick and Sharon sent me an overnight box a few days back. There was my awesome salmon in there, and then some other salmon catches as well. Also some halibut! And not only that, some homemade pierogies that Sharon made! And also 3 things of a variety of smoked salmon. Oh, and as if that weren't enough, also 4 bags of the Denali coffee that I enjoyed while there! Well, one was Denali, one "shit creek", another some Outhouse stuff and I forget the 4th. All will be drank and enjoyed though!

Rick, Sharon, wish I could thank you guys some more, or show you how much I appreciate you guys!

And now I'm counting the days to March of 2018 when I hope to go again starting on the 1st, to go see Alaska and the snow, and hand some beers off to the mushers and say hello to the doggies! :)

That was all SharBear!

I was running around down in Girdwood when she put your packages together and shipped them off.

I'm still very impressed that FedEx got that baby from Anchorage to delivered in NYC in less than 10 hours. We live in marvelous times.

I'm very curious as to how that White King cooks up tonight, and what your wife & son think of it. Be very sure you don't overcook it!

I'm going to have to have a talk with the young lady for giving away my precious Denali coffee. Homey doesn't share that stuff. :no:

jimnyc
08-19-2017, 02:58 PM
That was all SharBear!

I was running around down in Girdwood when she put your packages together and shipped them off.

I'm still very impressed that FedEx got that baby from Anchorage to delivered in NYC in less than 10 hours. We live in marvelous times.

I'm very curious as to how that White King cooks up tonight, and what your wife & son think of it. Be very sure you don't overcook it!

I'm going to have to have a talk with the young lady for giving away my precious Denali coffee. Homey doesn't share that stuff. :no:

Sharon was just one of the coolest women to hang out with! Without a doubt she can hang with the boys - but then she cooks, and damnfangatastic! But the kindness is evident, just like it was when I met her Mom.

I'm trying a small piece tonight, because I'm flying solo. I think the ones that Sharon prepared ahead of time with the lemon and butter and ready to go packs, is not the white king. But I'm also having it tomorrow, and that's going to be the bigger filet, definitely the white! I also set a reminder on my phone to take out the pierogies in the morning to have those too!

Of course I need no reminders to drink the coffee! :cof:

Abbey Marie
08-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Sharon was just one of the coolest women to hang out with! Without a doubt she can hang with the boys - but then she cooks, and damnfangatastic! But the kindness is evident, just like it was when I met her Mom.

I'm trying a small piece tonight, because I'm flying solo. I think the ones that Sharon prepared ahead of time with the lemon and butter and ready to go packs, is not the white king. But I'm also having it tomorrow, and that's going to be the bigger filet, definitely the white! I also set a reminder on my phone to take out the pierogies in the morning to have those too!

Of course I need no reminders to drink the coffee! :cof:

Are we we all invited for dinner and breakfast?

Abbey Marie
08-19-2017, 04:10 PM

Wow! So sweet and generous of Rick and Sharon.

jimnyc
08-19-2017, 04:15 PM
Are we we all invited for dinner and breakfast?

Absolutely, always!!

Wow! So sweet and generous of Rick and Sharon.

Sharon is the best. I truly cannot wait until I get to go see them again! I even miss Frost, Milo and Riley! Well, I miss Milo the most, my little sleeping buddy. :)

jimnyc
08-19-2017, 04:16 PM
Oh, and I almost forgot (close your eyes Abbey!).

Sharon also sent me some moose! Some that look like big old sausage links from the store, and also what looks like to be a fresh slab of it in my freezer too!

Abbey Marie
08-19-2017, 04:19 PM

Sharon also sent me some moose! Some that look like big old sausage links from the store, and also what looks like to be a fresh slab of it in my freezer too!

:crying33

hjmick
08-19-2017, 04:39 PM

Pssst... Jim...

Those "sausage" looking things, not sausages...

Kathianne
08-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Pssst... Jim...

Those "sausage" looking things, not sausages...
:laugh2:

High_Plains_Drifter
08-20-2017, 08:46 AM
Halibut is the best, hard to find wild caught Halibut in the stores around here.