PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Twinkies

jimnyc
08-19-2017, 03:17 PM
AND filled with peanut butter instead of the cream. Sounds like it may be too much, but oh no no no no no!

High_Plains_Drifter
08-20-2017, 08:49 AM
I bought some chocolate twinkies last time I went to the store, but they had the regular filing in them.

I won't buy them again though, seems the chocolate covering made the twinkie outside kinda tough.

michiganFats
08-20-2017, 03:10 PM
AND filled with peanut butter instead of the cream. Sounds like it may be too much, but oh no no no no no!

I don't eat a lot of junk food but these sound like something I'll have to stay away from because I can see myself getting hooked on them.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2017, 05:32 PM
I don't eat a lot of junk food but these sound like something I'll have to stay away from because I can see myself getting hooked on them.
Yup, I try and stay away from sugar period. Was reading some stuff about this old theory about cancer causes called the Muller theory. He was a German scientist that was attempting to unlock the why and how we got cancer since Hitler was obsessed with finding a cure. He theorized, with some credit now given to his theory, that cancer needs sugar to grow. It was long dismissed but is recently being looked at again. Cancer cells start when normal cells no longer need oxygen and start fermenting, thus starting to feed on sugar.

My Ma was/is a big candy fan. She's ate so much candy in her life that I could contend that this theory is bunk but, there is some scientific proof as to it's validity. None the less, my mother would offer us kids candy all the time, and I don't know if was just the taste of it or what but I usually passed, still do. You won't find any cookies, candy, cake, pie or anything else in my house. Every once and a great while I'll buy something sweet, like those chocolate covered twinkies, only to remind myself why I don't eat that stuff. A treat to me is corn chips and salsa, or popcorn, or nuts or something like that.

Give me a nice roast with mashed taters and gravy, some green beans, bread and butter and a big glass of milk and I'm happy.

Gunny
08-21-2017, 06:08 PM
AND filled with peanut butter instead of the cream. Sounds like it may be too much, but oh no no no no no!You demented slug:slap:. That's disgusting. You actually at that crap? No wonder you're so freakin' deranged.

aboutime
08-21-2017, 06:39 PM
I'll stick to Pot Roast, a green veggie, and red-skinned potatoes under Gravy, and if there is room...some Corn on the Cob drenched in HIGH CALORY butter..(ya only live once).:laugh:

Gunny
08-21-2017, 06:49 PM
I'll stick to Pot Roast, a green veggie, and red-skinned potatoes under Gravy, and if there is room...some Corn on the Cob drenched in HIGH CALORY butter..(ya only live once).:laugh:The first time I took a bite of a Twinkie back in the 60s was the LAST time. So to make them worse, they add peanut butter. I HATE peanut butter.

Obviously the group they are marketing to is not me :laugh:.