PDA

View Full Version : I Tried To Watch The Packer Game...

High_Plains_Drifter
08-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Really, I did. I made to half time and then as usual, when commercials come on, so does MUTE. But I realized that the TV had been on mute more than off. I look up, the game is on, onen play, maybe two, commercials, TV back on mute, I'm online with my laptop in my lap of course, but still, I finally just turned the channel. Is it just me, or are there like double the amount of commercials this year? I can tell you one thing right now, I probably won't watch much, because if there's one thing on TV that I truly despise, it's COMMERCIALS. I record most everything I want to watch simply so I can FF through all the intelligence insultingly asinine commercials.

aboutime
08-19-2017, 09:26 PM
Really, I did. I made to half time and then as usual, when commercials come on, so does MUTE. But I realized that the TV had been on mute more than off. I look up, the game is on, onen play, maybe two, commercials, TV back on mute, I'm online with my laptop in my lap of course, but still, I finally just turned the channel. Is it just me, or are there like double the amount of commercials this year? I can tell you one thing right now, I probably won't watch much, because if there's one thing on TV that I truly despise, it's COMMERCIALS. I record most everything I want to watch simply so I can FF through all the intelligence insultingly asinine commercials.

It's not you. This afternoon, my wife and I were watching "LIVE-PD" on cable. After about the first 15 minutes. We both had time to make bathroom calls, and probably eat a meal. Second time...I counted 12 commercials, and it took a full 4 minutes.

The networks are hurting for bucks. So they have to advertise us into oblivion just to stay on the air. MONEY runs everything.

michiganFats
08-20-2017, 03:37 AM
I Tried To Watch The Packer Game...

That was your first mistake right there.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-20-2017, 07:20 AM
I Tried To Watch The Packer Game...

That was your first mistake right there.
Welllllll only because of the commercials. Far as the Packers go, I live in WI and I've been backing them my entire life, and they've kicked ass both of their preseason games so far. They're the only team in the NFL that's owned by it's fans.

jimnyc
08-20-2017, 12:13 PM

I can't do this when the Steelers are playing, but...

Try putting something to record on DVR if you have it. Wait until the game is like an hour into it, then start watching, and then you can FF through the commercials at least!

High_Plains_Drifter
08-20-2017, 03:33 PM
I can't do this when the Steelers are playing, but...

Try putting something to record on DVR if you have it. Wait until the game is like an hour into it, then start watching, and then you can FF through the commercials at least!
True, true... I do use that trick.

darin
08-21-2017, 01:17 AM
Kodi. I love it. :)