PDA

View Full Version : Vegas, Alaska & Los Angeles

jimnyc
08-20-2017, 12:11 PM
That's the trip we are thinking of, actually the woman's idea! Of course I'm all over her trying to plan my trip for March to go see Rick again... But it's working! It was her idea to talk about breaking up the long trip. Maybe head to Vegas for a day or 2, then off to Heaven, and then hit LA for a couple of days on the way back. Break things up & also get to go to 2 places I've never been before!

Abbey Marie
08-20-2017, 02:06 PM
Personally, I would never choose Vegas or LA, but whatever gets your wife on board with Alaska is the way to go! Yay!

michiganFats
08-20-2017, 02:08 PM
You might need more than two days for L.A.

jimnyc
08-20-2017, 02:22 PM
Personally, I would never choose Vegas or LA, but whatever gets your wife on board with Alaska is the way to go! Yay!

That's my thinking. I love the idea of breaking up the long long flight for starters. And the time at these places will be very limited anyway. Vegas will be kinda cool, maybe catch a show or whatever and see the lights and all for the first time. LA, I just wish I could have saw a Dodger's game. Other than that, I couldn't care less about that place. I'm sure we can find something cool to do with a day or 2 though.

You might need more than two days for L.A.

Like above, it's surely not a destination of "vacation", but plane hopping if you will, and taking advantage of where you land. Maybe pick out one or 2 cool things ahead of time and stick with that plan.

hjmick
08-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Two chances to grab some In 'N Out. Once on your way to Alaska, and once on your way back. Sounds like a fucking great plan to me.

Black Diamond
08-20-2017, 03:17 PM
Two chances to grab some In 'N Out. Once on your way to Alaska, and once on your way back. Sounds like a fucking great plan to me.
In n out is great but doesn't their name promote rape culture?

michiganFats
08-20-2017, 03:28 PM
In n out is great but doesn't their name promote rape culture?

No more so than Jack In The Box.

High_Plains_Drifter
08-20-2017, 03:36 PM
No more so than Jack In The Box.
Excellent come back.......................... :rofl1:

Kathianne
08-20-2017, 03:56 PM
That's the trip we are thinking of, actually the woman's idea! Of course I'm all over her trying to plan my trip for March to go see Rick again... But it's working! It was her idea to talk about breaking up the long trip. Maybe head to Vegas for a day or 2, then off to Heaven, and then hit LA for a couple of days on the way back. Break things up & also get to go to 2 places I've never been before!

I do believe she's 'Sold' on the idea! Yay for you!

darin
08-21-2017, 01:46 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI/giphy.gif

gabosaurus
08-21-2017, 11:34 AM
Who visits Alaska during the winter? You don't have to worry about Los Angeles in March. We always have nice weather. Though I am guessing Jim's wife will LOVE sitting in subfreezing weather fishing and looking at bears. It's every woman's dream. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
08-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Who visits Alaska during the winter? You don't have to worry about Los Angeles in March. We always have nice weather. Though I am guessing Jim's wife will LOVE sitting in subfreezing weather fishing and looking at bears. It's every woman's dream. :rolleyes:

Duh woman. Apparently when I'm going I will be able to ride the snow machines in a T-shirt! Perhaps it will be cold though, but it's Alaska!!

I WANT to see the cold. TONS of snow! And I still get to go to the cabin, albeit by different travel means. Perhaps some ice fishing? Getting to see all those iditarod doggies!! The views, they never end. And the comfort and solitude are there in the winter and summer! I think I would be content to just hang out in the middle of nowhere and enjoy the scenery and quiet, surrounded by scenery second to none. :)

And then I can go back again in the summer!

Maybe we can meetup while I'm in LA? You can buy me dinner. :)

Abbey Marie
08-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Snow and March cold sound pretty damn awesome to me!

jimnyc
08-21-2017, 02:31 PM
Snow and March cold sound pretty damn awesome to me!

I'd just as quickly go in December or January if I could! Even though it's not like this everywhere, I picture temps of 10 below, howling winds, many feet of snow already packed down everywhere - and it's a blizzard out at the cabin. I would LOVE that! At least if there's enough food anyway. :) Oh, and that Sharon is there to cook if we get snowed in. :)

I would just put on proper clothes and go out anyway!!

High_Plains_Drifter
08-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Aaaahh... bears hibernate in the winter, darlin'.

I don't suppose little city girls know that though.

NightTrain
09-08-2017, 12:37 AM
Who visits Alaska during the winter?

Many thousands of people do. Fur Rendezvous and Iditarod. Look them up and educate yourself. Then look at the hundreds of Japanese that invade to climb McKinley every year to Talkeetna alone.

You don't have to worry about Los Angeles in March. We always have nice weather.

You don't live in LA, you're in Houston.

Though I am guessing Jim's wife will LOVE sitting in subfreezing weather fishing and looking at bears. It's every woman's dream. :rolleyes:

Bears hibernate in winter, it's common knowledge.

The sexiest women on the planet shoot guns, ice fish, wear bunny boots, ride snowmachines and keep their men warm at night, moonbat. My wife is one of them. Sarah Palin is another.

Black Diamond
09-08-2017, 01:57 AM
Many thousands of people do. Fur Rendezvous and Iditarod. Look them up and educate yourself. Then look at the hundreds of Japanese that invade to climb McKinley every year to Talkeetna alone.

You don't live in LA, you're in Houston.

Bears hibernate in winter, it's common knowledge.

The sexiest women on the planet shoot guns, ice fish, wear bunny boots, ride snowmachines and keep their men warm at night, moonbat. My wife is one of them. Sarah Palin is another.
Northern lights?

Gunny
09-08-2017, 11:15 AM
I'm going to HEB. In my shorts and sandals. You people are :cuckoo:

Black Diamond
09-08-2017, 11:15 AM
Butt

jimnyc
09-08-2017, 11:54 AM

Can I place an order in advance for one of these snowbunnies? :thumb:

NightTrain
09-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Grab your cold weather gear and start motoring North. It'll put hair on your chest.

Might even sprout some on top, too... who knows?

NightTrain
09-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Northern lights?

Yeah, we get a ton of tourists in the winter just for the Northern Lights, too. My wife got ass-ended on the highway a few years back by a Korean who didn't know how to drive on ice who was here to see the 'lights. Idiot was going 60 MPH in a rental SUV and tried to stop like it was summer... there went her Intrepid.

At least she wasn't hurt, but I really liked that car. It was a very comfy long distance cruiser.

Funny thing about that Korean... he couldn't pay cash for everything fast enough. Turns out that if there's any kind of legal entanglements, you can't leave the country until it's resolved... so he was pretty eager to pay up out-of-pocket.