PDA

View Full Version : Limiting Immigration: It’s Not Just For ‘Racist’ Republicans

jimnyc
08-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Limiting Immigration: It’s Not Just For ‘Racist’ Republicans

Limiting immigration has been called racist. Some have said it’s an affront to American values and the product of a “white nationalist agenda.”

It even sparked an impromptu, nationally televised debate between a CNN reporter and a White House official about the true symbolic meaning of the Statue of Liberty.

The idea that the U.S. currently accepts too many — and the wrong kind of — immigrants is among the most divisive in contemporary politics.

When Republican Sens. Tom Cotton and David Perdue earlier in August unveiled the RAISE Act, a bill that would reduce legal immigration levels by half over a decade and move the U.S. to a skills-based system, progressive and minority activist groups were quick to denounce the proposal, saying that it was motivated by conservative animus toward people of color.

But the bill, or at least the general idea behind it, does have the support of some organizations within the sprawling social justice movement and among influential members of the progressive intelligentsia. In a rare bit of ideological alignment, they are putting forward many of the same arguments for reducing immigration as do the RAISE Act’s mostly conservative backers.

Rest here - http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/20/limiting-immigration-its-not-just-for-racist-republicans/

jimnyc
08-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Not even illegal immigrants, but how many we take in altogether.

I've posted this a few times over the years but maybe some never saw it or watched it, but it's worthy of your 6 minutes!

I don't care about race, religion or where anyone comes from when it looks at it from this angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdHtrcXGYck

Black Diamond
08-20-2017, 01:20 PM
You're wrong, Jim. Bill Clinton is a racist republican.

jimnyc
08-20-2017, 01:24 PM
You're wrong, Jim. Bill Clinton is a racist republican.

Also the first black president!

Black Diamond
08-20-2017, 01:28 PM
Also the first black president!
Ahh yeah. He deported more people than any president.

jimnyc
08-20-2017, 01:32 PM
Ahh yeah. He deported more people than any president.

And he played the Sax

Black Diamond
08-20-2017, 01:37 PM
And he played the Sax
I liked his rendition of heartbreak hotel.